Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The money poll

The money poll

Money talks.

In the past 24 hours or so Obama is testing new lows since locking up the nomination on tradesports.com's political futures. He had been hovering at 60% (and often better) since June never dipping below 59, no matter what headlines or news came out...last sale, 51.1 - now that is a momentous move.

Big news.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2736488]Money talks.

In the past 24 hours or so Obama is testing new lows since locking up the nomination on tradesports.com's political futures. He had been hovering at 60% (and often better) since June never dipping below 59, no matter what headlines or news came out...last sale, 51.1 - now that is a momentous move.

Big news.[/QUOTE]

Bit must be panicking.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2736497]Bit must be panicking.[/QUOTE]
    Well, he's been right about that about how accurate money has been in gauging election sentiment. I would check from time to time, almost incredulous that the line wouldn't move. BUT, I think that line is tied not to national poll stuff, but to key state polls. There must be a state or two (like Michigan/PA/Ohio or something) that seems to be trending McCain's way.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2736504]Well, he's been right about that about how accurate money has been in gauging election sentiment. I would check from time to time, almost incredulous that the line wouldn't move. BUT, I think that line is tied not to national poll stuff, but to key state polls. There must be a state or two (like Michigan/PA/Ohio or something) that seems to be trending McCain's way.[/QUOTE]

Can you give a link to this information? Sounds interesting.

Oh man! Go check the site out! McCain has taken the lead in the last few minutes. Obama is cratering.

Something, somewhere is going down or just has gone down. Those lines never move!

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2736509]Can you give a link to this information? Sounds interesting.[/QUOTE]
    tradesports.com - (click 'politics') and see the action. There are other sites that do the same thing too, but they all tend to move very much in synch - if not, they get picked off by opportunists.

Last sale Obama 49.4... this is really big.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2736518]tradesports.com - (click 'politics') and see the action. There are other sites that do the same thing too, but they all tend to move very much in synch - if not, they get picked off by opportunists.

Last sale Obama 49.4... this is really big.[/QUOTE]

Blocked at work.:steamin:

RE: me panicking

honestly with Brett Farve winning and tom Brady getting injured I don't give a crap who wins the election. Football is back and that's what's important. If Mccain beat Obama bfd.

update: intrade.com (which is the politics part of tradesport) has obama 53 McCain 48
    Last edited by bitonti; 09-08-2008 at 11:11 AM.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2736582]RE: me panicking

honestly with Brett Farve winning and tom Brady getting injured I don't give a crap who wins the election. Football is back and that's what's important. If Mccain beat Obama bfd.

update: intrade.com (which is the politics part of tradesport) has obama 53 McCain 48[/QUOTE]
    Someone must have sold a big position in Obama. No real buyers above 50.

JetsInsider.com Legend

[B]honestly with Brett Farve winning and tom Brady getting injured I don't give a crap who wins the election. Football is back and that's what's important. If Mccain beat Obama bfd.[/B]

update: intrade.com (which is the politics part of tradesport) has obama 53 McCain 48[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya, man!

I've been checking out intrade for a while now.

For the longest time Obama hovered in the low 60's.
    After the republican convention the number started moving.
    Right now Obama is at 51, down by 2. McCain is up 3 to 48.

More moves today...McCain breaking through while Obama testing new lows @ 49. If the market sticks like this, it will be the first time McCain's had a lead. Must be news out or a round of new state polls favorable to McCain.

Bit's: "obama 53 McCain 48" - don't expect to see these numbers anytime before the debates.

Tanko. Obama testing new lows. He is like Lehman.

Intrade
    Obama hovered in the low 60's for the longest time.
    Now, McCain 50- Obama 47.8 down 1.

I wonder what happened.

intrade update

mccain 51.7
    obama 48

JM is down, BO is up

my take on this activity: Mccain has peaked, Obama hasn't. The markets going into the crapper is bad news for the GOP.

buy your obama contracts now while they are depressed

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2752972]intrade update

mccain 51.7
    obama 48

JM is down, BO is up

my take on this activity: Mccain has peaked, Obama hasn't. The markets going into the crapper is bad news for the GOP.

buy your obama contracts now while they are depressed[/QUOTE]

bitonti's money in the bank....whatever he says just go 100% the other way and you've got money in the bank.....:yes:

Bit can give his opinion without arrogance, maybe you should learn something from him.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753185]bitonti's money in the bank....whatever he says just go 100% the other way and you've got money in the bank.....:yes:[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg[/IMG][QUOTE=cr726;2753188]Bit can give his opinion without arrogance, maybe you should learn something from him.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't most children have the same reaction if they knew they had to deal with you on a daily basis?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753197][IMG]http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

nice to see you fight his battles but bitonti's a big boy- he doesn't need his girlfriend to fight battles for him.....

[QUOTE=cr726;2753216]Wouldn't most children have the same reaction if they knew they had to deal with you on a daily basis?[/QUOTE]