Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009: The First 100 Days of the Obama Administration

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

2009: The First 100 Days of the Obama Administration

So my Obamunist friends, I have a question for you. I, the undecided voter leaning towards not voting, would like to know the following:

What will Obama accomplish in his first 100 Days as President of the United States, assuming he has a Democrat Majority in both houses (an almost certainty).

What passed legislation will get signed. What Policies will be changed. What will he accomplish.

And either be specific or do not answer. If you answer "bring change to Washington" I WILL not be amused.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2736783]So my Obamunist friends, I have a question for you. I, the undecided voter leaning towards not voting, would like to know the following:

What will Obama accomplish in his first 100 Days as President of the United States, assuming he has a Democrat Majority in both houses (an almost certainty).

What passed legislation will get signed. What Policies will be changed. What will he accomplish.

And either be specific or do not answer. If you answer "bring change to Washington" I WILL not be amused.[/QUOTE]

Propose billions in new programs, concede that although he supports the troops and wants them out of Iraq, the time has not quite come for that. Will also concede that was somewhat unrealistic to think that new tax hikes will only apply to the top 5% of wage earners.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems likely you will see a major push for universal health insurance. I think it's also likely that a law along the lines of the current drilling compromise/green energy funding plan gets passed very quickly, if it hasn't been passed beforehand. And you'll probably see some shifting of military resources from Iraq back to Afghnaistan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    First thing he will do is hold a cabinet meeting to discuss overthrowing Saddam. Slides dividing up Iraq by Oil Fields will be passed out. Then he will take a summer vacation where he won't read any intelligence reports. When he finally gets back to "work" in the fall he will be blindsided by a terorist attack orchestrated by Saddam. The next 7 years will be spent keeping America safe with duct tape and plastic sheeting, while waging God's war against Iraq.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Section109Row15;2737093]First thing he will do is hold a cabinet meeting to discuss overthrowing Saddam. Slides dividing up Iraq by Oil Fields will be passed out. Then he will take a summer vacation where he won't read any intelligence reports. When he finally gets back to "work" in the fall he will be blindsided by a terorist attack orchestrated by Saddam. The next 7 years will be spent keeping America safe with duct tape and plastic sheeting, while waging God's war against Iraq.[/QUOTE]

And some folks wonder why this forum has as few regulars as it does.:rolleyes:

Yes, we know. Bush sucked.

Sadly, Bush sucking is not an accomplishment of Obama's first 100 Days, and has nothing to offer this thread outside of trolling value.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2737115]And some folks wonder why this forum has as few regulars as it does.:rolleyes:

Sadly, Bush sucking is not an accomplishment of Obama's first 100 Days, and has nothing to offer this thread outside of trolling value.[/quote]

It would be an accomplishment. I'm more concerned with what Obama wouldn't do than what he would do. On the other hand there is McCain who sided with Bush most of the time. So if Bush "sucked" then why would anyone want more of the same?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Section109Row15;2737180]It would be an accomplishment. I'm more concerned with what Obama wouldn't do than what he would do. On the other hand there is McCain who sided with Bush most of the time. So if Bush "sucked" then why would anyone want more of the same?[/QUOTE]

For crying out loud, then start your own thread "What Obama Won't Do and Why I Love It". :mad:

Is it so much to ask what one of the two candidates [B][U]will[/U][/B] accomplish once elected?

Is that now out of bounds too?

Or can a thread simply not go for three consecutive posts without a "Bush Sucks" or "Clinton Sucks" trolling?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2736783]So my Obamunist friends, I have a question for you. I, the undecided voter leaning towards not voting, would like to know the following:

And either be specific or do not answer. If you answer "bring change to Washington" I WILL not be amused.[/QUOTE]

Unfair question.

Complete hypothetical.

Then you're going to come back when he wins and if he doesn't accomplish A,B and C in the first 100 days, you will label him a failure.

It's a trap question.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2737206]Unfair question.

Complete hypothetical.

Then you're going to come back when he wins and if he doesn't accomplish A,B and C in the first 100 days, you will label him a failure.

It's a trap question.[/QUOTE]

So you are so terrified he either won't accomplish anything, or worse will go against his own promices, a la the Democrat Congress and the Republican Congress before them, that you refuse to even answer the question?

Fair enough. At least you gave an opinion. Sort of.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2737202]For crying out loud, then start your own thread "What Obama Won't Do and Why I Love It". :mad:

Is it so much to ask what one of the two candidates [B][U]will[/U][/B] accomplish once elected?

Is that now out of bounds too?

Or can a thread simply not go for three consecutive posts without a "Bush Sucks" or "Clinton Sucks" trolling?[/quote]

Even if the Democrats have a slight majority he is not going to be able to push any "radical" changes through. My guess would be he would try to focus on an exit strategy for Iraq, try to push his tax plan forward, start preparing to push his health care plan forward. He will most likely start working on his new budget for the next year, he will want to drastically cut portions of the Defense budget (pork projects like mini-nukes.)

You don't hire one of Rich Kottite's coordinators to fix the mess Kottite created. You bring in Bill Parcells.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Section109Row15;2737239]Even if the Democrats have a slight majority he is not going to be able to push any "radical" changes through. My guess would be he would try to focus on an exit strategy for Iraq, try to push his tax plan forward, start preparing to push his health care plan forward. He will most likely start working on his new budget for the next year, he will want to drastically cut portions of the Defense budget (pork projects like mini-nukes.)[/quote]

Finally, an answer.

[QUOTE=Section109Row15;2737239]You don't hire one of Rich Kottite's coordinators to fix the mess Kottite created. You bring in Bill Parcells.[/QUOTE]

Interesting analogy. So you are claiming Obama has a similar resume and track record as Bad Tuna Parcells does?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2737254]Finally, an answer.

Interesting analogy. So you are claiming Obama has a similar resume and track record as Bad Tuna Parcells does?[/quote]

No I'm saying often times ineptitude necessitates a radical overhaul of both personel and philosophy. Obama doesn't have Parcells resume, but McCain has been serving under and supporting "Kottite".

Maybe it would have been a better analogy to use Herm and Mangini, but that would be too kind to Bush.
    Last edited by Section109Row15; 09-08-2008 at 01:59 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2737236]So you are so terrified he either won't accomplish anything, or worse will go against his own promices, a la the Democrat Congress and the Republican Congress before them, that you refuse to even answer the question?

Fair enough. At least you gave an opinion. Sort of.....[/QUOTE]

Every politician moves towards the center when elected President.

Essentially you're asking Obama supporters to lay out what he will accomplish immediately.

As an Obama supporter, I don't f-ing know. I don't know what the political landscape will be nor do I know how much of a majority the Democrats will have in the House and the Senate.

I'm sure he'll attempt to pass legislation that fits with the platform he laid out in his convention speech.

At this point, that's all you can reasonably say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2737115]And some folks wonder why this forum has as few regulars as it does.:rolleyes:

Sadly, Bush sucking is not an accomplishment of Obama's first 100 Days, and has nothing to offer this thread outside of trolling value.[/QUOTE]

if either McCain or Obama sucked less than Bush, that would be an improvement, if not an 'accomplishment'

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2737302]As an Obama supporter, I don't f-ing know.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like question avoidance to me. That, or you honestly don;t know why you support him other than "he's not Bush".

Are you so afriad to say "He'll implement (or work to implement) Universal Healthcare"? Why? You support him, you know thats of of, if not his top goal, and you know he'll very likely have a strong majority in both houses to work with to do it.

So whats the problem? Are you predicting some huge major change a la "don't know what the political landscape...."?

This is my issue. A good number who support the man answer just like you, or worse, like Bit. "He's Not Bush".

Well, fine. Guess that'll have to be good enough 9cause he IS going to win). But it's pathetic IMO that even posters now fear holding their own guy to the fire to do what he's elected to do, and are so deeply freightened they cannot even answer a simple question for fear of it being used against them later.

Frankly, if Obama does nothing at all in his first 100 days, he'd deserve to have that fact used against him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2737389]Sounds like question avoidance to me. That, or you honestly don;t know why you support him other than "he's not Bush".

Are you so afriad to say "He'll implement (or work to implement) Universal Healthcare"? Why? You support him, you know thats of of, if not his top goal, and you know he'll very likely have a strong majority in both houses to work with to do it.

So whats the problem? Are you predicting some huge major change a la "don't know what the political landscape...."?

This is my issue. A good number who support the man answer just like you, or worse, like Bit. "He's Not Bush".

Well, fine. Guess that'll have to be good enough 9cause he IS going to win). But it's pathetic IMO that even posters now fear holding their own guy to the fire to do what he's elected to do, and are so deeply freightened they cannot even answer a simple question for fear of it being used against them later.

Frankly, if Obama does nothing at all in his first 100 days, he'd deserve to have that fact used against him.[/QUOTE]

What did I write in my last post?

The last two lines:

[QUOTE]I'm sure he'll attempt to pass legislation that fits with the platform he laid out in his convention speech.

At this point, that's all you can reasonably say. [/QUOTE]

Did you watch the speech? I'm sure you can read the text of it online.

And stop using words like "frightened" or "terrified" because that is just false. I know exactly what you're trying to do, and I won't bite.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK... i'll do this.

Though they'll be some harsh words about Iraq having to take responsibility, the reality is that he will stick to whatever agreement is hashed out that will have most our troops out of there by 2012.
    [URL="http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.main/index.html?eref=edition_meast"]http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.main/index.html?eref=edition_meast[/URL]

Both parties might hold out on solving the said energy crisis until a new candidate can get into office, so whoever it is will have a major bipartisan achievement right off the bat.
    [URL="http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/08/congress.energy/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/08/congress.energy/index.html[/URL]

And S109 is right, he'll begin prepping his healthcare and tax initiatives, but we probably won't see anything done for about 2 years. At that time, the Dems will most likely be able to see if they will gain or lose any seats that may affect their position.

And although this may not occur, there is the potential for a liberal Supreme Court justice to retire after waiting out the Bush years (Stevens? Souter?). It will most likely be a young, fervently pro-choice liberal to counter Alito and Roberts.

Economically, I think he'll move ahead with the free trade initiatives while throwing a few "support" bills for those who lost/are losing their jobs. Also, it is probable that he will push for more relief for those people hit hard by foreclosures and the mortgage crisis.

Ahh... the fun of speculation. Honestly, it'll be difficult even with filibuster-proof majorities to get many of his programs off the ground so there won't be any miracles. But he's not going to be overwhelmed or manipulated or whatever else the GOP claims will happen, he'll do fine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2737404]I know exactly what you're trying to do, and I won't bite.[/QUOTE]

If you mean "expose Obama supporters as having no idea what he'll do once elected", you'd be wrong.

I truly wanted to hear form those who so deeply support him why, why they do and what he'll do that warrants it. What they think he would do right off the bat to prove his words of "change" and "hope" as more than empty-suit rhetoric for the sheeple.

And I I got was trolling, non-answers, "Bush Sucks" rhetoric, and cowardly political non-answers.

Eh, so be it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]MARKSIST[/COLOR][/SIZE]change to Washington! amused?
    Last edited by acepepe; 09-08-2008 at 05:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2737430]If you mean "expose Obama supporters as having no idea what he'll do once elected", you'd be wrong.

I truly wanted to hear form those who so deeply support him why, why they do and what he'll do that warrants it. What they think he would do right off the bat to prove his words of "change" and "hope" as more than empty-suit rhetoric for the sheeple.

And I I got was trolling, non-answers, "Bush Sucks" rhetoric, and cowardly political non-answers.

Eh, so be it.[/QUOTE]

WHY ARE YOU ASKING OBAMA SUPPORTERS WHAT OBAMA WILL DO? GET IT FROM THE SOURCE. LISTEN/READ THE CONVENTION SPEECH.

Seriously, dude, he outlines what he plans to accomplish as President in that speech. If you don't have time to listen to it, or are sick of seeing him speak, read the text.

[QUOTE]I truly wanted to hear form those who so deeply support him why, why they do and what he'll do that warrants it. [B]What they think he would do right off the bat to prove his words of "change" and "hope"[/B] as more than empty-suit rhetoric for the sheeple.[/QUOTE]

Someone who writes as clearly as you do should be educated enough to know that while the President is the leader of the country, he needs the support of Congress to pass legislation.

Reading/listening to his speech will give you his platform. Knowing what he will be able to accomplish out of that? We'll see what Congress looks like and see what happens in the economy, Iraq, Afghanistahn and globally before we can say for sure what he will/should do.