Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the Republicans Can't Win Again

Why the Republicans Can't Win Again

Friends:

I’m sending this to all of you because probably a good number of you will agree.

Many may not, and I respect you for that. So you have the privilege of punching the “delete” key.

Do I like or respect you any less? No. I just disagree – friendly, but that’s my right.

This country has gone in a terrible direction. We need to change it.

We are not the country we like to think we are.

We are a country that gives tax breaks to the rich, overwhelming the paltry amount we give to the middle and lower classes.

We are a country that sends lower and middle class young adults to fight the wars – and yes, die – for causes that have been contrived to benefit the upper class oil interests of the US. (I’m proud to say, I would never allow a family member of mine to put their life at risk for the stupid, inane war of Cheney and Bush)

Through economic inequivalency, we restrict the rights of to most “average” (although I hate that term) citizens to education, healthcare, leadership and other choices. How is it possible in this country that a family is forced to declare bankruptcy because it doesn’t have enough coverage and funds to afford cancer treatment for one of its members? (while the CEO of Exxon makes $400million)

The God I believe in and worship would think that each individual is entitled to an equal amount of this world’s bountiful resources as any other. So why is the distribution of resources so flawed?

We are a country that doesn’t respect individual rights, panders to the gun lobby (how do hand guns ever help us be a better society?), supports the death penalty (come on, don’t joke with me, is that pro-life?) and yet that’s considered the “righteous path.”

We are a country that allows its citizens to die – or suffer from unbearable diseases and treatments – because we don’t have the fortitude to provide universal health care.

We are a country that desperately needs to undo the wrongs – better yet, the crimes – that Bush/Cheney have imposed upon us.

We have allowed a joke of administration to make a joke of us as Americans.

I believe Obama/Biden gives us new hope. John McCain is a good man, but not the right man right now. Sarah Palin is just an unfortunate pawn.

Let’s change the direction of our country for the better. Please support Obama and Biden.

All League
    If you didn't copy and paste this from a chain letter I'm a monkey's uncle.

The next time I get one of those million dollar Nigerian scam emails I swear I'm going to copy and paste it on JI.

It 's original and more importantly, true!!!!

lol

Don't expect to get much constructive feedback from those on this board.

What you could expect is a lot of personal insults and name calling being hurled your way.:yes:

[QUOTE=TheGreatMangini;2741310]Don't expect to get much constructive feedback from those on this board.

What you could expect is a lot of personal insults and name calling being hurled your way.:yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he would get some feedback if he posted something original as opposed to the same old Marxist talking points.

"The God I believe in and worship would think that each individual is entitled to an equal amount of this world’s bountiful resources as any other. So why is the distribution of resources so flawed?"

He literally just called God a communist. How the hell am I supposed to take the post seriously?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2741289]If you didn't copy and paste this from a chain letter I'm a monkey's uncle.[/QUOTE]

We know that if this post started "My Friends" he would be endorsing McCain. :P

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Brains;2741315]
    He literally just called God a communist. How the hell am I supposed to take the post seriously?[/QUOTE]

I won't try to defend what is otherwise a ridiculous post, but Jesus' teachings were pretty similar to communism.

Take everything you have and give it to the poor.

We should all treat one another as equals and forgive each others shortcomings.

I mean, he certainly didn't say earn as much as you can and then buy an escalade. And in an ideal world everyone would have everything they want and need, but that's not the world we live in. In fact, one of my teachers in high school's favorite saying was that Jesus was a communist. Yea, I went to Catholic school.

[QUOTE=Das Ken;2741371]I won't try to defend what is otherwise a ridiculous post, but Jesus' teachings were pretty similar to communism.

Take everything you have and give it to the poor.

[/quote]

That would be charity, not communism.

[quote]
    We should all treat one another as equals and forgive each others shortcomings.
    [/quote]

Capitalism has to do with competition in the economy, not how we treat other people.

[quote]
    I mean, he certainly didn't say earn as much as you can and then buy an escalade.
    [/quote]

How about work hard and earn as much as you can in order to provide necessities and comfort to your family? (The less extremist view of capitalism).

resorting to begging for votes, now that is pathetic

[QUOTE=RChiocchi;2741282]We are a country that gives tax breaks to the rich....

We are a country that sends lower and middle class young adults to fight the wars.....

Through economic inequivalency, we restrict the rights of to most citizens.....

The God I believe in and worship would think that each individual is entitled to an equal amount of this world’s bountiful resources as any other.

Blah, blah, blah.....[/QUOTE]

I think the country you're looking for Camrade, is this one:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union[/url]

Best of luck Comrade. I am sure the glory of Soviet Equallity will get the workers of the world that bread they need any day now.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2741411]I think the country you're looking for Camrade, is this one:

[IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR[/IMG]

Best of luck Comrade. I am sure the glory of Soviet Equallity will get the workers of the world that bread they need any day now.[/QUOTE]

Actually Warfish. I think he's got it right. I can't think of a country in the world, including the US, where there isn't a rich minority who doesn't have disproportional influence on the country. The US is better than most in that position. But we've been sliding.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Brains;2741387]That would be charity, not communism.

Capitalism has to do with competition in the economy, not how we treat other people.

How about work hard and earn as much as you can in order to provide necessities and comfort to your family? (The less extremist view of capitalism).[/QUOTE]

Ha, I'm certainly no expert but maybe this will give you an idea where I and he are coming from. Though it's not perfect.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Christian_communism"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Christian_communism[/URL]

[QUOTE=Das Ken;2741426]Ha, I'm certainly no expert but maybe this will give you an idea where I and he are coming from. Though it's not perfect.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Christian_communism"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Christian_communism[/URL][/QUOTE]

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven."

I am not a communist, nor a Christian (anymore) but I think you've got a point that Christianity does not exactly make great sense when paired with capitalism.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Brains;2741315]He literally just called God a communist. How the hell am I supposed to take the post seriously?[/QUOTE]

God IS a communist, bro. A dictator. What? Do you think he runs a democracy up there in heaven?

First of all, unless all of you who have been dizzing my post are multi-millionaires, I feel sorry for you. You are the exact people being used -- and yes, exploited -- by Bush/Cheney. They've taken money out of your pockets, gas out of your tank, and have sent your loved ones to fight their wars.

Capitalism and Christianity aren't incompatible. But its the excesses of capitalism that have to be tamed -- such as the CEO of Exxon making $400million a year when really good teachers make $50K and families have to declare bankruptcy because they can't afford to pay for cancer treatments.

The Bush/Cheney/Rove machine deludes the Christian middle class to make them think they're on their side when in fact they are hiding behind Christiainity and "famiy values" to further their self-serving agendas

[QUOTE=RChiocchi;2741722]First of all, unless all of you who have been dizzing my post are multi-millionaires, I feel sorry for you. You are the exact people being used -- and yes, exploited -- by Bush/Cheney. They've taken money out of your pockets, gas out of your tank, and have sent your loved ones to fight their wars.

Capitalism and Christianity aren't incompatible. But its the excesses of capitalism that have to be tamed -- such as the CEO of Exxon making $400million a year when really good teachers make $50K and families have to declare bankruptcy because they can't afford to pay for cancer treatments.

The Bush/Cheney/Rove machine deludes the Christian middle class to make them think they're on their side when in fact they are hiding behind Christiainity and "famiy values" to further their self-serving agendas[/QUOTE]

You should call Exxon and yell at the CEO for being a meanie.

Seriously, this all just rhetoric. It means very little. Do you honestly, truly believe that Barack Obama is going to take Washington by storm and shake it to its core? The first clue that that would never happen was him picking Joe Biden, the quintessential pandering politician, as his VP.

Don't be so naive. The Obama kool-aid is a powerful elixir.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2741768]You should call Exxon and yell at the CEO for being a meanie.

Seriously, this all just rhetoric. It means very little. Do you honestly, truly believe that Barack Obama is going to take Washington by storm and shake it to its core? The first clue that that would never happen was him picking Joe Biden, the quintessential pandering politician, as his VP.

Don't be so naive. The Obama kool-aid is a powerful elixir.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for showing us the light... you must have minored in Poli Sci!

Biden is the quintessential pandering politician? haha get a clue dude.

[QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2741794]Thanks so much for showing us the light... you must have minored in Poli Sci!

Biden is the quintessential pandering politician? haha get a clue dude.[/QUOTE]

He is! He's been in the Senate for 35 years and changes his positions constantly depending on who his audience is.

I know it's been pimped out by the McCain campaign, but the best example of this came at the debate when Biden said he doesn't believe Obama is prepared to be President.

He also voted for the Iraq War and voted to reauthorize the Patriot Act. Let me guess, now he said those were "mistakes" on his part?

And I [B]majored [/B]in political science, thank you very much. ;)

Keep telling me to get a clue, "dude," while you're waiting for Obama to revolutionize Washington. Oh, by the way, he just recently changed one of his most ardent, core positions -- he now [I]supports [/I]the Bush tax cuts, for the time being. What a surprise.