Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama tackles lipstick on Letterman

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama tackles lipstick on Letterman

Obama (tonight) on Letterman, a softball interview if Obama ever gets one:

[I]"Keep in mind, technically, had I meant it this way, [Palin] would be the lipstick. The failed policies of John McCain would be the pig, just following the logic of this illogical situation," Obama said. [/I]

Illogical, not anymore. Self-destruction is more apt, over trivialities, no less. Does this clown have advisors? I can't even keep up with his campaign stupidity. Few realize this, but Biden is somewhere out in America matching Obama punch-for-punch with godawful quotes.

This is the same time of year when in '06 Foley was busted and it broke down the whole Republican campaigning efforts. Obama is cratering at just the wrong time.
    Last edited by sackdance; 09-10-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2743218]Obama (tonight) on Letterman, a softball interview if Obama ever gets one:

[I]"Keep in mind, technically, had I meant it this way, [Palin] would be the lipstick. The failed policies of John McCain would be the pig, just following the logic of this illogical situation," Obama said. [/I]

Illogical, not anymore. Self-destruction is more apt, over trivialities, no less. Does this clown have advisors? I can't even keep up with his campaign stupidity.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder, really.

Did you watch Obama on O'Reilly? I thought it was great stuff, besides from interrupting him a few too many times, O'Reilly gave a good and fair interview.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2743218]Obama (tonight) on Letterman, a softball interview if Obama ever gets one:

Illogical, not anymore. Self-destruction is more apt, over trivialities, no less. Does this clown have advisors? I can't even keep up with his campaign stupidity.[/QUOTE]

So did it bother you when McCain used the same analogy referring to Hillary Clinton?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2743224]So did it bother you when McCain used the same analogy referring to Hillary Clinton?[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for when McCain called Hillary Clinton a pig?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2743224]So did it bother you when McCain used the same analogy referring to Hillary Clinton?[/QUOTE]
    1) Who was watching? What were the stakes?
    2) Did Hillary give a world famous speech within the week with "lipstick" being the kicker of the speech's most memorable line?
    3) Did a whole auditorium react with a knowing recognition when McCain said it?

To think the issue is contrived is to ignore reality. Lipstick on a pig is an old saying. We've all heard it. By itself, a totally un-newsworthy saying.

For Obama to use it like he did was pure stupidity. Pure stupidity! If you don't agree, then explain to me why he's on Letterman pathetically explaining himself.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2743229]Do you have a link for when McCain called Hillary Clinton a pig?[/QUOTE]

Clearly he used the "pig in lipstick" analogy when referring to Clinton's healthcare plan. In Obama's case he wasn't even refering to any plan Palin has, he wasn't even refering to the women, at all. If you listen to the speech, he was obviously linking McCain to Bush. The campaign McCain is running becomes sleazier and more trivial by the day.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2743235]1) Who was watching? What were the stakes?
    2) Did Hillary give a world famous speech within the week with "lipstick" being the kicker of the speech's most memorable line?
    3) Did a whole auditorium react with a knowing recognition when McCain said it?

To think the issue is contrived is to ignore reality. Lipstick on a pig is an old saying. We've all heard it. By itself, a totally un-newsworthy saying.

For Obama to use it like he did was pure stupidity. Pure stupidity! If you don't agree, then explain to me why he's on Letterman pathetically explaining himself.[/QUOTE]

You are so delusional. I thought Obama supporters are the only ones drinking kool-aid? How many gallons have you gulped down?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2743221]Thanks for the reminder, really.

Did you watch Obama on O'Reilly? I thought it was great stuff, besides from interrupting him a few too many times, O'Reilly gave a good and fair interview.[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see it, but the only thing that would have surprised me would be if he did try to sandbag Obama. O'Reilly is for O'Reilly before he's for McCain. He bullies nobodies, not giants. Landing Obama is currency for him and were he unfair to Obama, he'd risk major interviews in the future. I'm sure he plans on keeping his cushy job for at least another decade. (And if anyone's groaning, let it be known I am, too. I don't like B O'Reilly at all.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2743242]You are so delusional. I thought Obama supporters are the only ones drinking kool-aid? How many gallons have you gulped down?[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I am delusional. Obama's doing a bang-up job. Invincible, a masterful strategic mind he's got. Polls mean nothing, especially when they're flipping across the board over the course of 72 hours.

The real problem is me.

Happy now?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2743229]Do you have a link for when McCain called Hillary Clinton a pig?[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8IhMMhe8w[/url]
    And Obama never mentioned Palin, he was really referring to McCain.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkI0lyIzcc&NR=1[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    O'Reilly stated on his radio that Obama is one of the best interviewees he has ever had and was a total natural.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2743238]Clearly he used the "pig in lipstick" analogy when referring to Clinton's healthcare plan. In Obama's case he wasn't even refering to any plan Palin has, he wasn't even refering to the women, at all. If you listen to the speech, he was obviously linking McCain to Bush. The campaign McCain is running becomes sleazier and more trivial by the day.[/QUOTE]

I would consider you pretty fair TD...usually. If you don't think he was referencing and mocking Palin's little catchphrase you're crazy. It[I] was[/I] directed towards Palin herself, however...he didn't mean it to sound so derogatory for sure. He was trying to be clever with a little play on words and it backfired. Again, we all (at least most of us) know it shouldn't be an issue. But bottom line, enough people obviously think it is. Which is a shame.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2743266]O'Reilly stated on his radio that Obama is one of the best interviewees he has ever had and was a total natural.[/QUOTE]

Also called him a "very, very tough guy, he's no slouch"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2743261][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8IhMMhe8w[/url]
    And Obama never mentioned Palin, he was really referring to McCain.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnkI0lyIzcc&NR=1[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2743267]I would consider you pretty fair TD...usually. If you don't think he was referencing and mocking Palin's little catchphrase you're crazy. It[I] was[/I] directed towards Palin herself, however...he didn't mean it to sound so derogatory for sure. He was trying to be clever with a little play on words and it backfired. Again, we all (at least most of us) know it shouldn't be an issue. But bottom line, enough people obviously think it is. Which is a shame.[/QUOTE]

I do not think he was mocking that women one bit, what would he gain from that? You might not agree with Obama, but he's a smart guy, he has been very carful when he talks about Palin, it's obvious, the pick of her has thrown him for a loop, and I don't think he knows how to respond to her yet, he's been trying to get back on McCain, and he was when he said "Pig in lipstick" a phrase he's used before, as well as McCain. Seriouslty who gives a flying ****, McCain wins again, another day and they can avoid the issues.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2743267]He was trying to be clever with a little play on words and it backfired. Again, we all (at least most of us) know it shouldn't be an issue. But bottom line, enough people obviously think it is. Which is a shame.[/QUOTE]
    I could care less about the line - I just can't get over the fact he said it! What the hell was he thinking about? I think he's overheating. And to give the subject life on Letterman...idiotic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a big O'Reilly fan, but his radio show has been very fair about this election.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2743270]Also called him a "very, very tough guy, he's no slouch"[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2743292]I could care less about the line - I just can't get over the fact he said it! What the hell was he thinking about? I think he's overheating. And to give the subject life on Letterman...idiotic.[/QUOTE]

couldn't, cause then you'd have to care a little, no? ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2743295]couldn't, cause then you'd have to care a little, no? ;)[/QUOTE]
    Something like that. I guess.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that. Palin is the lipstick on the pig that is McCain's agenda. Funny and accurate.

Obama should use this line in every speech he gives the rest of the campaign.