Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 551

Thread: The friggin' game isn't on in Jacksonville

  1. #1

    Thumbs down The friggin' game isn't on in Jacksonville

    I just called our local CBS affilliate and the assclown that answered the phone told me that they are showing the Dolphins-Cardinals game at 4 on Sunday.

    Douchebag: Well, Tom Brady isn't playing.

    Me: Brett Favre is playing.

    Douchebag: That's true, Brett Favre is playing and we will be showing some Jets games this year but just not this week.

    Me: Don't you think you'd get better ratings with the Jets-Pats than Dolphins-Cardinals? It's a much more appealing game.

    Douchebag: That's your opinion.

    Me: What if you got tons of phone calls and emails asking to show the Jets game?

    Douchebag: Well, it would have to be quite a flood of people asking for that game and right now, believe it or not, there is a bigger flood for Miami.

    Me: That's because local Dolphins fans were probably scared their game wouldn't be on so they called in because they suck.

    Douchebag hangs up on me.

    Help me get the game on locally JI:

    programming@cbs47.com

    (904) 996-0400 (ask for the programming department.)

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    21,029
    I just called and demanded the Phins game be on

    Why don't you have direct TV?

  3. #3
    Sounds like it would be easier to go to a restaurant/bar that's showing the game. Is that possible Kleck?

  4. #4
    All that steel revenue and you can't afford Sunday Ticket?

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    499
    lol @ you being mad at a guy that has nothing to do with the programming

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    I just called our local CBS affilliate and the assclown that answered the phone told me that they are showing the Dolphins-Cardinals game at 4 on Sunday.

    Douchebag: Well, Tom Brady isn't playing.

    Me: Brett Favre is playing.

    Douchebag: That's true, Brett Favre is playing and we will be showing some Jets games this year but just not this week.

    Me: Don't you think you'd get better ratings with the Jets-Pats than Dolphins-Cardinals? It's a much more appealing game.

    Douchebag: That's your opinion.

    Me: What if you got tons of phone calls and emails asking to show the Jets game?

    Douchebag: Well, it would have to be quite a flood of people asking for that game and right now, believe it or not, there is a bigger flood for Miami.

    Me: That's because local Dolphins fans were probably scared their game wouldn't be on so they called in because they suck.

    Douchebag hangs up on me.

    Help me get the game on locally JI:

    programming@cbs47.com

    (904) 996-0400 (ask for the programming department.)
    Aren't you and JIF at B-Dubs for every game?

  7. #7
    He's an assclown because he works for a station in Florida that wants to show the Miami Dolphins? Wow, he should be shot.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Not on in tampa either. Goin to the bar - rather watch the look on the pats fans faces.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,962
    A guy from New York living in Florida calling a Florida media outlet and demanding that the Florida teams game be taken off and the New York team's (the team that just beat them) game be put on?

    And he hung up?

    Am I getting this right?

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,254

  11. #11
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,962
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Sounds like it would be easier to go to a restaurant/bar that's showing the game. Is that possible Kleck?
    It sounds like he really wants it on HIS TV, NOW!

    lol, kleck...too funny

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,709
    gotta spring for direct tv

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,254
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    A guy from New York living in Florida calling a Florida media outlet and demanding that the Florida teams game be taken off and the New York team's (the team that just beat them) game be put on?

    And he hung up?

    Am I getting this right?
    LMAOooooooooooooooooooooooo

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    A guy from New York living in Florida calling a Florida media outlet and demanding that the Florida teams game be taken off and the New York team's (the team that just beat them) game be put on?

    And he hung up?

    Am I getting this right?
    makes perfect sense to this board!

  15. #15
    Don't have DirectTV.

    Not going to BW's with JiF because he's gonna be down south for his mom' birthday and he was planning on TIVOing the game, which he can't do now and I just don't feel like going to a bar this Sunday, you got a problem with that?

    Just help a brother out here people.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    A guy from New York living in Florida calling a Florida media outlet and demanding that the Florida teams game be taken off and the New York team's (the team that just beat them) game be put on?

    And he hung up?

    Am I getting this right?
    I fail to see the problem.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL - by way of Staten Island, NY.
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Not on in tampa either. Goin to the bar - rather watch the look on the pats fans faces.
    Yeah, game is not on here in Tampa due to the Bucs being at home and also playing at 4. Headed to a bar myself.....hopefully I will be celebrating in front of Pats fans!

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Not on in tampa either. Goin to the bar - rather watch the look on the pats fans faces.
    It's on in sarasota how could it not be on in tampa

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumps View Post
    Yeah, game is not on here in Tampa due to the Bucs being at home and also playing at 4. Headed to a bar myself.....hopefully I will be celebrating in front on Pats fans!
    nfc fox cbs afc jets game is on in tampa bay

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    Don't have DirectTV.

    Not going to BW's with JiF because he's gonna be down south for his mom' birthday and he was planning on TIVOing the game, which he can't do now and I just don't feel like going to a bar this Sunday, you got a problem with that?

    Just help a brother out here people.
    I'm pretty sure grassroots campaigns and petitioning isn't meant to alter TV schedules...just go to the bar, ya slacker....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us