Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin'

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Palin'

Palin's interview. What do you think?

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSmWVCRJWOw[/URL]
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-11-2008 at 06:55 PM. Reason: screwed up

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2745099]Palin's interview. What do you think?

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSmWVCRJWOw[/URL][/QUOTE]

When can we see the whole thing?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to say the least.

While I do not like politics mixed with religion, and the religious right is my most despised group, I don't know if I necessarily am appalled or repulsed by this comment. I certainly do not believe she thinks this is a Holy War, and honestly, I don't have an issue with her believing that there is good and bad in the world, and trying to spread good to others.

Good, tough questioning though. Not really any good way for her to answer, so I'd say she did mediocre there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barack: "Hello, Hillary? Yeah, it's me - Barack Obama. Listen, I was wondering if you could help me out with a problem. See, Joe Biden, the guy I picked to be my VP over you, well, he's kind of an idiot. He actually asked some guy in a wheelchair to stand up. And then Joe even told a crowd of people that YOU may have been a better VP selection. Is it possible that if I dump Joe, that you, you know, you might be my VP. My wife Michelle completely hates you but a lot of people completely hate you. So, what do you say, Hillary?"

Hillary: "First of all, Barack, it's kind of illegal at this point to change VPs, I think. And I have a lot of campaign debt because I don't know how to manage money. And I understand you have some possible campaign financial problems, too, if the New York Times is correct. And finally, I plan on running for President in 2012 against John McCain."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for pretending you weren't just calling me out. I will do better next time I swear.

What did you think about Palin's answers? She def. has handlers now and she is not very comfortable being directly questioned. She will get better with time.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2745108]I'm getting tired of fixing these youtube videos for you clowns! :clown:

When are you people finally going to get it .. when you post these videos you need to use the URL tags, not the IMG's .. the IMG's distorts the placement of the video while the URL's line the video up nicely

Now that's it, I'm not editing anymore videos if you clowns still can't get it right!! :shakehead

:)[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2745189]Hillary: Sorry to cut you short Barack, but I have to go. Bill is opening a bottle of champagne.[/QUOTE]

Barack: "Interesting. My wife Michelle is taking anti-depressants. I ask her 'why' and she says a lot of democrats are taking them since Sarah Palin arrived on the political scene."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting.

[QUOTE][B]GIBSON:[/B] But this is not just reforming a government. This is also running a government on the huge international stage in a very dangerous world. When I asked John McCain about your national security credentials, he cited the fact that you have commanded the Alaskan National Guard and that Alaska is close to Russia. Are those sufficient credentials? [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][B]PALIN: [/B]But it is about reform of government and it's about putting government back on the side of the people, and that has much to do with foreign policy and national security issues Let me speak specifically about a credential that I do bring to this table, Charlie, and that's with the energy independence that I've been working on for these years as the governor of this state that produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy, that I worked on as chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, overseeing the oil and gas development in our state to produce more for the United States.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][B]GIBSON:[/B] I know. I'm just saying that national security is a whole lot more than energy. [/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally Posted by chicadeel
    Hillary: Sorry to cut you short Barack, but I have to go. Bill is opening a bottle of champagne[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745203]Barack: "Interesting. My wife Michelle is taking anti-depressants. I ask her 'why' and she says a lot of democrats are taking them since Sarah Palin arrived on the political scene."[/QUOTE]

Hey I deleted that quote to put up another one. You beat me to it. Damn it!:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are Barack Obama's national security/foreign policy experience? Anyone know? :eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745203]Barack: "Interesting. My wife Michelle is taking anti-depressants. I ask her 'why' and she says a lot of democrats are taking them since Sarah Palin arrived on the political scene."[/QUOTE]

Hillary: Oh Barack, I'm so sorry to hea............wait what was that Bill. Yes Bill,I ordered several more cases of champagne and they said it would be delivered before November 4th.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    She seems pretty nervous, hunched forward, twisting her hands, and her speech is rushed. Didn't say anything of substance but I'll wait for the full interview.

As far as her statement that she'd never presume to know God's will....

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_VduCWhzM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS_VduCWhzM[/URL]
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 09-11-2008 at 08:05 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745215]What are Barack Obama's national security/foreign policy experience? Anyone know? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Well, come on now. His old man was born in Kenya...I'm sure he must know a lot about that foreign country one would think.:rolleyes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745215]What are Barack Obama's national security/foreign policy experience? Anyone know? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[url]http://foreign.senate.gov/about.html[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2745232]Well, come on now. His old man was born in Kenya...I'm sure he must know a lot about that foreign country one would think.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Obama: "I have a brother in....well, somewhere in Kenya."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745234]Anyone?[/QUOTE]

He has a bachelor of science in political science with a concentration in international relations from Columbia University. He's been a US senator for four years and serves on the Senate Foriegn Relatrions committee. His experience is not as deep as Biden's (which is why Biden is on the ticket) but it's a lot more than Bush had when he took office.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2745237][url]http://foreign.senate.gov/about.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Junior member of a Washington, DC Senate committee? That's it? Just how long has Barack Obama been on this august committee? What committee accomplishments does he have? :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745244]Junior member of a Washington, DC Senate committee? That's it? Just how long has Barack Obama been on this august committee? What committee accomplishments does he have? :eek:[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of other threads that discuss that. This one is about Palin's interview. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting no one(Righties) comments about Palin's interview, yet bring up everything but the interview.

Palin still has to talk to a lot of other media outlets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Palin know where Kenya is located? No snowmachine races there.

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2745232]Well, come on now. His old man was born in Kenya...I'm sure he must know a lot about that foreign country one would think.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]