Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin actually thinking about war with Russia???

Palin actually thinking about war with Russia???

Wow! Honestly thats really all I can say. If Georgia joins Nato and Russia continues to attack we would have no choice but to defend them???
    Ok well I guess I know who I am voting for. I for one have never been a big Earth Guy but I would really like it to be around. At least for my kid to have a decent life.
    She is a nutty dingy broad.

That's what people said in 1939: "go to war with Germany, no way. Forget POland, Czechoslovakia, belgium, France, NOrway, England, etc". Sometimes you just need to fight, and some wars are just.
    However, this is just a politician saying the right things. All options should be on the table, including war. It's better to be feared than loved.
    As Teddy Roosevelt said ".. carry a big stick." Palin has one, Osama Hussein would rather have tea with the dictators, and when they $%^ him all he'll be able to say is "I thought we were friends."

This war is nothing like WW2 and WW2 was over already.

[QUOTE=dermlord;2745332]That's what people said in 1939: "go to war with Germany, no way. Forget POland, Czechoslovakia, belgium, France, NOrway, England, etc". Sometimes you just need to fight, and some wars are just.
    However, this is just a politician saying the right things. All options should be on the table, including war. It's better to be feared than loved.
    As Teddy Roosevelt said ".. carry a big stick." Palin has one, Osama Hussein would rather have tea with the dictators, and when they $%^ him all he'll be able to say is "I thought we were friends."[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;2745314]
    She is a nutty dingy broad.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. But dangerously unqualified, yes.

Yup if something like a war between us and Russia ever broke out the world would be soo much better off. Makes a lot of sense.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=dermlord;2745332]That's what people said in 1939: "go to war with Germany, no way. Forget POland, Czechoslovakia, belgium, France, NOrway, England, etc". Sometimes you just need to fight, and some wars are just.
    As Teddy Roosevelt said ".. carry a big stick." Palin has one, Osama Hussein would rather have tea with the dictators, and when they $%^ him all he'll be able to say is "I thought we were friends."[/QUOTE]

Like when President Bush looked into Putin's eyes "...and got a sense of his soul"

[QUOTE=Buster;2745473]Like when President Bush looked into Putin's eyes [/QUOTE]

I think I was wrong, maybe Palin will be useful in a cabinet position. Todd or Trevor or whatever wont mind, she's serving her country (and Putin)

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;2745314]If Georgia joins Nato and Russia continues to attack we would have no choice but to defend them???[/QUOTE]

That is the position of NATO and the European Union, I believe. What is Obama's position? And he can't vote 'Present'! :P

Hey Genius look into what a vote of present actually means before you knock it.
    Funny how people talk about things like they actually know what they mean.

did anyone else see when Charlie asked her about the Bush Doctrine and she didn't know what it was? Scary.

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;2745913]Hey Genius look into what a vote of present actually means before you knock it.
    Funny how people talk about things like they actually know what they mean.[/QUOTE]

It means you were there, but didn't have the balls to vote Yes or No!

Is there a Bush Doctrine?

[QUOTE=bitonti;2745999]did anyone else see when Charlie asked her about the Bush Doctrine and she didn't know what it was? Scary.[/QUOTE]
    Yea she has no clue what the Bush Doctrine is and was basically throwing **** on the wall hoping something sticks...

It was eerily similar to Mrs South Carolina's speech...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZACz2LzVt8[/url]

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2745793]That is the position of NATO and the European Union, I believe. What is Obama's position? And he can't vote 'Present'! :P[/QUOTE]

Obama's position on this is pretty clear.

He has not supported admitting Georgia into NATO, hence sparing us any treaty obligations to go to war with Russia on behalf of the reckless goof running Georgia.

(A quick clarification: Russia's response to Georgia's attack on South Ossetia was obviously massively disproportionate and uncalled for, but it was also entirely predictable and Georgia went ahead with it anyhow. )

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2746782]Is there a Bush Doctrine?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as outlined in a famous 2002 speech on our right to wage pre-emptive war. It was the subject of the biggest foreign policy argument in the U.S. since the end of the Cold War, and last night was apparently the first Palin had heard of it.

people talk about her lack of knowledge about foreign policy... and fair enough

but i don't think she even knows America.

She's lived in Idaho, Alaska and... that's it?

[QUOTE=bitonti;2746821]people talk about her lack of knowledge about foreign policy... and fair enough

but i don't think she even knows America.

She's lived in Idaho, Alaska and... that's it?[/QUOTE]

She also referred to Russia's invasion of Georgia as "unprovoked," which is not a claim even the most pro-Georgia analysis would make.

But, hey, as she tells it, you can see Russia from Alaska, so she's an expert.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2746778]It means you were there, but didn't have the balls to vote Yes or No![/QUOTE]

No McFly you are wrong. Look it up.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think she did very well. Plus you have to check the non-ABC-edited interview because some of her answers were chopped up to make her look bad. Not unexpected, though.

All League
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;2746801]Yea she has no clue what the Bush Doctrine is and was basically throwing **** on the wall hoping something sticks...

It was eerily similar to Mrs South Carolina's speech...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZACz2LzVt8[/url][/QUOTE]

And they call Californians Dizzy Blonds ! :rolleyes: