Thread: Hughes and Price called up

Banned

Hughes and Price called up

per LoHud

Hughes struck out 12 in five innings last night to win the International League title.

All Pro
    Good. Yanks are done. I want to see as many young players as possible for the last couple weeks.

Gardner too, he should be in the lineup EVERY DAY from here on out. Let's see what he can do.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Good. Yanks are done. I want to see as many young players as possible for the last couple weeks.

Gardner too, he should be in the lineup EVERY DAY from here on out. Let's see what he can do.
    Good to see Hughes finally called up. And I completely agree about Gardner. I don't understand why he hasn't been seeing any time.

Banned
    I think Gardner will play once officially eliminated.

I am curious to see if the Yanks give Hughes a start. I am not sure they want another media hit should he pitch horribly again while Johan and the Mets are clicking. I'd love to see him get 2 or 3 starts but I think the Yanks stick him in the pen.

Banned
    If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it really make a sound?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    I think Gardner will play once officially eliminated.

I am curious to see if the Yanks give Hughes a start. I am not sure they want another media hit should he pitch horribly again while Johan and the Mets are clicking. I'd love to see him get 2 or 3 starts but I think the Yanks stick him in the pen.
    Yea, I highly doubt he gets any starts for the remainder of this season. I'm sure he'll just come out of the pen and I don't really disagree with that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea, I highly doubt he gets any starts for the remainder of this season. I'm sure he'll just come out of the pen and I don't really disagree with that.
    Starting Wednesday