Thread: Obama's new strategy: Attack McCain's POW wounds...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Obama's new strategy: Attack McCain's POW wounds...

good to see...Mr "phoney outrage" was all p!ssed off about the lipstick incident and counters with a "serious issue" like e-mail....and in the end fuqs himself....

desperate times for hussien....desperate times indeed....:yes:

[QUOTE][B]Oops, Obama ad mocks McCain's inability to send e-mail. Trouble is, he can't due to tortured fingers[/B]

As part of its effort to show the 72-year-old Republican Sen. John McCain as old and out of touch, the Democratic Party's hip campaign of Sen. Barack Obama, which frequently says it honors the former POW's military service to his country, Friday released a new ad.

As noted Friday by our blogging colleagues over at the Technology blog here, the ad says, among other things: "1982, John McCain goes to Washington. Things have changed in the last 26 years, but McCain hasn't.

"He admits he doesn't know how to use a computer, can't send an e-mail."

Here's the ad. Listen for yourself.

Like many of his generation, McCain does not like to talk details a lot about his wartime experiences, certainly not about any lingering physical symptoms. To be honest, it could sound like complaining and, as he's ruefully noted, unlike many others, McCain did come home.

The former pilot does joke sometimes about flying his plane into a telephone-pole-sized North Vietnamese missile.

Last week in his speech to the Republican National Convention, McCain opened up more than usual, mentioning his two broken arms and broken leg from ejecting over Hanoi, and his 66 months of imprisonment and torture, calling it simply working him over.

But something he did not go into in that speech were....

...some of the lingering results of his poor medical treatment and brutal beatings.

Here's a passage from a lengthy [URL="http://graphics.boston.com/news/politics/campaign2000/news/McCain_character_loyal_to_a_fault+.shtml"]Boston Globe [/URL]profile on McCain that was published the last time he ran for president. It was headlined "McCain character loyal to a fault." It was written by Mary Leonard.

And it was printed more than eight years ago, on March 4, 2000.

It is available online, where Jonah Goldberg of The Corner blog at the National Review found it.

[I]"McCain gets emotional at the mention of military families needing food stamps or veterans lacking health care. The outrage comes from inside: McCain's severe war injuries prevent him from combing his hair, typing on a keyboard, or tying his shoes. Friends marvel at McCain's encyclopedic knowledge of sports. He's an avid fan -- Ted Williams is his hero -- but he can't raise his arm above his shoulder to throw a baseball."[/I]

Obama spokesman Dan Pfeiffer denied the freshman Illinois senator's ad was making an issue of McCain's age. "It's extraordinary," he said, "that someone who wants to be our president and commander in chief doesn't know how to send an e-mail."

The Obama campaign has seen some significant and disturbing poll shifts since its convention in Denver, including a broad movement of white women toward the GOP ticket after that party named Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin its vice presidential nominee. And some local and congressional Democrats have begun to fret and grumble over a perceived softness in the Obama-Biden ticket.

According to the Associated Press, Obama campaign manager David Pfouffle issued a stern campaign strategy memo Friday that said, in part:

"Today is the first day of the rest of the campaign. We will respond with speed and ferocity to John McCain's attacks and we will take the fight to him, but we will do it on the big issues that matter to the American people."

[B]The "big issues."

Like fractured fingers?[/B]

--Andrew Malcolm

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/obama-ad-email.html[/url]

I'm sure the rat-wingers on this forum who expressed outrage at the "lipstick" comments will do as much in this thread....:D
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-13-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oops

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My next-door-neighboor has Lou Gehrig's disease. He's confined to a wheelchair, has no control over his limbs, and cannot speak. And he uses a computer.

That said, I think the commercial is lame. In fact, all of the commercials I've seen lately from both candidates are lame. They're long on personal attacks, short on truth, and silent on real issues. We've entered the ugly phase of the campaign.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00441/news-graphics-2007-_441537a.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to think Obama was a typical hack politician. But now that he's aired an ad talking about his opponent's email abilities I realized something - this guy is Different. He's The One. He's Change. My God, in all of my years I never thought I'd live to see the day where a totally post-partisan candidate would emerge. Take a bow, Barack...you've earned it. You can't even pull ahead of the Grim Reaper who's own party hates him and a chick from Alaska nobody had ever heard of a month ago. Bravo, Barack...Brav-o.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Desperate times for Huessein huh? That kind of fear mongering and race baiting have no place in this world

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadistheMan25;2747896]Desperate times for Huessein huh? That kind of fear mongering and race baiting have no place in this world[/QUOTE]

Uh huh, like the ads the Dems ran against Goldwater, like Gore calling Bush's cabinet a bunch of Nazi's? Like people on the left calling Condi a traitor to her race?

I agree 100% that the "hussein" stuff with Obama is stupid and toxic, but spare me the selective outrage, it insults everybody's intelligence.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChadistheMan25;2747896]Desperate times for Huessein huh? That kind of fear mongering and race baiting have no place in this world[/QUOTE]

race baiting???

you mean like constantly telling people; "they'll scare you and- oh, btw- did they tell you I'm BLACK!!"????

and

"I don't look like those other presidents on the dollar bills"??

is that the sort of fear mongering and race baiting which you were refering to that have no place in this world???

because I really see no other in this thread considering hussien is part of his name...or is this just another pathetic one sided excuse from an obamanist???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-13-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he can't throw a baseball, how the **** is he going to throw out the first pitch?
    Last edited by Sharrow; 09-14-2008 at 03:22 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF Cares!