Thread: Don't want to see

All Pro

Don't want to see

One thing I don't want to see on this board is people b*tching that Bush didn't act fast enough to prevent all the loss of life from Hurricane Ike...

These people were warned, so now that any kind of rescue will take awhile, their should be NO complaints...

The coverage we are getting seems to be emphasizing the fact that rescue teams are "refusing" to going out right now because of the danger, and I can see how this is going to be played out....

As a Texan, I can tell you that we don't even want the fed's help. We take care of our own. Hell, we even take care of people from neighboring states that are too ignorant to help themselves.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2747960]As a Texan, I can tell you that we don't even want the fed's help. We take care of our own. Hell, we even take care of people from neighboring states that are too ignorant to help themselves.[/QUOTE]

my apologies:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama asked his supporters to help with recovery from Hurricane Ike and cancelled his plans to crack jokes on the TV comedy show Saturday Night Live in the aftermath of the storm.
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-13-2008 at 03:26 PM.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2747960]As a Texan, I can tell you that we don't even want the fed's help. We take care of our own. Hell, we even take care of people from neighboring states that are too ignorant to help themselves.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...& blaming Katrina on the feds/Bush was pure BS...those dumba$$es in NO were told to get out, but didn't...those left behind had mayor Ray Nagin to turn to...oh, & that governor, whatever her name was.

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2747965]Exactly...& blaming Katrina on the feds/Bush was pure BS...those dumba$$es in NO were told to get out, but didn't...those left behind had mayor Ray Nagin to turn to...oh, & that governor, whatever her name was.[/QUOTE]

you're right...those dead people and thier families can go F themselves..

stupid dead Americans...what a bunch of jerks...serves 'em right, dying...hope it was painful, so they learn their lesson

Jets Insider VIP

Phoenix Fire/Rescue is in Galveston helping Texans. It works both ways.

[QUOTE=piney;2747978]you're right...those dead people and thier families can go F themselves..

stupid dead Americans...what a bunch of jerks...serves 'em right, dying...hope it was painful, so they learn their lesson[/QUOTE]

exactly... as if they should have ALL known to simply jump in their Lexus SUVs and zip up to their plush "summer homes" in Arkansas to ride the storm out...

ah, the rationale of the Con man...

Must be all that cheap labor.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2748011]exactly... as if they should have ALL known to simply jump in their Lexus SUVs and zip up to their plush "summer homes" in Arkansas to ride the storm out...

ah, the rationale of the Con man...[/QUOTE]

These are the exact assinnine comments I was eluding to....

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2747965]Exactly...& blaming Katrina on the feds/Bush was pure BS...those dumba$$es in NO were told to get out, but didn't...those left behind had mayor Ray Nagin to turn to...oh, & that governor, whatever her name was.[/QUOTE]

Racism is obviously still a problem in this country, that and ignorance.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2748068]These are the exact assinnine comments I was eluding to....[/QUOTE]

C'mon, Steve...if you're gonna say those comments were asinine then you would agree that calling the dead and victims "dumba$$es" and "ignorant" is also asinine, right?

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26444326/[/url]

[QUOTE]As New Orleans residents warily track another threatening storm, a new report presents the clearest picture yet of deaths from Katrina in Louisiana. Of the nearly 1,000 who died, almost half were 75 or older, according to researchers.

Most died on the day of the storm — August 29, 2005 — and drowning was the leading cause of death. More than one-third died in homes.

The results present a tragic portrait of elderly residents who may have thought the warnings were a false alarm, who feared that abandoning their homes would lead to looting, or who simply didn't want to leave their familiar surroundings for the unknown.

The high death toll in the elderly was likely due to those factors along with older people being more vulnerable and frail and unable to fight the catastrophic storm, the report said. [/QUOTE]

WWJD?

Ironically, the city of NO buried 85 unidentified bodies from Hurricane Katrina just two days before Hurricane Gustov happened.

How can there be 85 unidentified dead people? Didn't these 85 people have families looking for them? The city of NO did everything possible to identify them but after three years they had to give up.

Sad.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2748288]Ironically, the city of NO buried 85 unidentified bodies from Hurricane Katrina just two days before Hurricane Gustov happened.

How can there be 85 unidentified dead people? Didn't these 85 people have families looking for them? The city of NO did everything possible to identify them but after three years they had to give up.

Sad.[/QUOTE]

homeless people?

All League
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2747954]One thing I don't want to see on this board is people b*tching that Bush didn't act fast enough to prevent all the loss of life from Hurricane Ike...

These people were warned, so now that any kind of rescue will take awhile, their should be NO complaints...

The coverage we are getting seems to be emphasizing the fact that rescue teams are "refusing" to going out right now because of the danger, and I can see how this is going to be played out....[/QUOTE]

no. the chimp did act fast. its now declared a national disaster. why did that take days with katrina? years too late for all the dead people in L.A.

and will the imbeciles stop comparing this situation to Katrina. lightyears apart

the chimp should learn from a true leader who always knew....

[B]THE BUCK STOPS HERE!![/B]

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2747954]One thing I don't want to see on this board is people b*tching that Bush didn't act fast enough to prevent all the loss of life from Hurricane Ike...

The coverage we are getting seems to be emphasizing the fact that rescue teams are "refusing" to going out right now because of the danger, and I can see how this is going to be played out....[/QUOTE]

Very Christian of you

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;2748308]no. the chimp did act fast. its now declared a national disaster. why did that take days with katrina? years too late for all the dead people in L.A.

and will the imbeciles stop comparing this situation to Katrina. lightyears apart

the chimp should learn from a true leader who always knew....

[B]THE BUCK STOPS HERE!![/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, George Bush offered former Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco (D) the assistance of federal troops to help before Hurricane Katrina made landfall. Blanco declined the offer. Bush asked if she was sure. She said yes.

What Governor Blanco (D) did manage to do, however, was to issue a formal (and verbal) Shoot-To-Kill order and sent the Louisiana National Guard into African-American areas of New Orleans to stop crime.

Which is part of the reason that Louisiana has a new Governor, Bobby Jindal (R).

All League
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2748319]Actually, George Bush offered former Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco (D) the assistance of federal troops to help before Hurricane Katrina made landfall. Blanco declined the offer. Bush asked if she was sure. She said yes.

What Governor Blanco (D) did manage to do, however, was to issue a formal (and verbal) Shoot-To-Kill order and sent the Louisiana National Guard into African-American areas of New Orleans to stop crime.

Which is part of the reason that Louisiana has a new Governor, Bobby Jindal (R).[/QUOTE]

Once this was clearly a catastrophe like NEVER before it was time to step up. and the chimp did not. once again [B]THE BUCK STOPS HERE!![/B]

And the problem with so many people in this country is they worry about D and R way too much. I myself am completely open to voting for Mccain or Obama. whoever proves to me they deserve the job over the next two months. I consider myself too prudent to vote based on a letter next to ones name. epsecially when the candidates are so close in policy. and guess what. they are!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2748074]Racism is obviously still a problem in this country, that and ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Then why don't you get the f-ck out and go back to yours?

Veteran
    The fact is that FEMA had a job to do pertaining to hurricane relief. Under Bush, they didn't do it after Katrina and he didn't make sure they were doing it. Whether they should be doing that job or not is irrelevant to the argument.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Buster;2748312]Very Christian of you[/QUOTE]

Can always count on this typical statement.

Let's see, you say something truthful, and you get accused of not being Christian.

Well Buster, lets look at the statement. There were THOUSANDS of people in New Orleans that CHOSE not to leave...not ones that couldn't leave, CHOSE....

Now, a hurricane that is even bigger goes through an area not too far from where Katrina hit, and 30-40 percent of the people CHOSE to stay. They didn't have to, they CHOSE to.

My point was, if you CHOSE to say, I hope not to hear any whining and complaining that it was somebody else's fault that a person didn't get rescued in time. Actually, that is quite Christian, because in Christianity, there actually is cause and affect, not like the fantasy-world where some people live that hope to one day erase consequences from actions.

And that is how I said it is sounding in the media up here as of right now...they are making it sound like rescue attempts are moving along slowly in similar fashion to what happened in Katrina.