Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Please download or otherwise listen to this song...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Please download or otherwise listen to this song...

It's called "Else" by Built to Spill. You should be able to download it on iTunes or Rhapsody or whatever. Anyway, if you listen...I mean if you REALLY listen to this song and don't think it is the most beautiful piece of pop music ever recorded, I will faint. Please, give me some feeedback. Listen to this song, close your eyes...listeen to it thrree times. First time, just pay attention to the bass. Then, the guitar. Then, on the third time, the lyrics.

Please give me feedback!!

I am sorry everyone, my wife lost another pregnancy recently.. I am emotional, I am sorry. We lost Matthew Joseph...(yes, we gave it/him a name, three years ago, we are naming this baby Caroll, since we don't know the sex)...anyway, we are very upset. I do not want to start a debate on abortion. It has no relevance to people who will keep their baby no matter what, like us. Anyway, it doesn't help or hurt. I have a brother who is severely handicapped, we lost a pregnancy at six months, now we lost another and our youngest has problems. It sometimes doesn't seem fair. Anyway, Georgie has cancer and we've been in the pediatric ward. It is so sad an experience, I almost can't relate the details. I am sorry that I have been rude lately and I am not (NOT!) looking for sympathy. At all. I am just trying to figure out how a young boy cn be so sick. But they tell us he has a great chancr. I am not one for speeches, but I think I am done for a while. I honestly love being on this board, as gay as that sounds. please pray for me and my family...I ask you.

Good luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good god, I'm so unbelievably sorry to hear that. Your family will be in my prayers. Its nowhere near the same, but with my mother-in-law's cancer I have some idea of how hard the treatments are. Can't imagine what that would be like if it was one of my kids. You deserve better, and I can only hope better days are coming. And if you ever need someone to talk to, vent to, whatever - I'm around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say some prayers, 5, and my condolences on your loss. :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2748473]Good god, I'm so unbelievably sorry to hear that. Your family will be in my prayers. Its nowhere near the same, but with my mother-in-law's cancer I have some idea of how hard the treatments are. Can't imagine what that would be like if it was one of my kids. You deserve better, and I can only hope better days are coming. And if you ever need someone to talk to, vent to, whatever - I'm around.[/QUOTE]

Akiva, thank you.

I think I am done for a while. I truly love JI. Stupid f*ng Pats!

Pleaae pray for us....
    Last edited by jets5ever; 09-13-2008 at 11:11 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry for your loss, Jets5ever. Same thing just happened to my best friend.
    Last edited by SanAntonio_JetFan; 09-14-2008 at 11:06 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    J5 I'm so sorry you and your wife are going through this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with you J5. I mean that with the utmost sincerity.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2748461]It's called "Else" by Built to Spill. You should be able to download it on iTunes or Rhapsody or whatever. Anyway, if you listen...I mean if you REALLY listen to this song and don't think it is the most beautiful piece of pop music ever recorded, I will faint. Please, give me some feeedback. Listen to this song, close your eyes...listeen to it thrree times. First time, just pay attention to the bass. Then, the guitar. Then, on the third time, the lyrics.

I am sorry everyone, my wife lost another pregnancy recently.. I am emotional, I am sorry. We lost Matthew Joseph...(yes, we gave it/him a name, three years ago, we are naming this baby Caroll, since we don't know the sex)...anyway, we are very upset. I do not want to start a debate on abortion. It has no relevance to people who will keep their baby no matter what, like us. Anyway, it doesn't help or hurt. I have a brother who is severely handicapped, we lost a pregnancy at six months, now we lost another and our youngest has problems. It sometimes doesn't seem fair. Anyway, Georgie has cancer and we've been in the pediatric ward. It is so sad an experience, I almost can't relate the details. I am sorry that I have been rude lately and I am not (NOT!) looking for sympathy. At all. I am just trying to figure out how a young boy cn be so sick. But they tell us he has a great chancr. I am not one for speeches, but I think I am done for a while. I honestly love being on this board, as gay as that sounds. please pray for me and my family...I ask you.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine the feeling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for your loss.

At 23, I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through.

My prayers are with you. You are welcome to vent to my PM box if you think it will help.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever;2748461]It's called "Else" by Built to Spill. You should be able to download it on iTunes or Rhapsody or whatever. Anyway, if you listen...I mean if you REALLY listen to this song and don't think it is the most beautiful piece of pop music ever recorded, I will faint. Please, give me some feeedback. Listen to this song, close your eyes...listeen to it thrree times. First time, just pay attention to the bass. Then, the guitar. Then, on the third time, the lyrics.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

J5, I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Keep your head up my friend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for what you're going though and for your son. I have little ones too. I can't imagine what you're going through. God speed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear God. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and your child's illness.
    I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dearest George,

My heart goes out to you and your wife. I don't think that anybody here can imagine what it is like to be in your shoes right now. As tough as things are now please know that this will pass and there is much brightness on the horizon for you and your lovely family.

I can assure you that you are in my prayers and may Hash'm look down upon you and your lovely family and grant your son a speedy and full recovery.

Mark my words George one day soon you will take your son down to NJ for a Jets game, and in a time that will go all too fast you will have the joy and pleasure to dance at his wedding.

May your family's sorrow quickly dissipate and may you only know of happy occasions from now on.

Peace my friend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless to you, your wife & son, J5E.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Oh man. Prayers for you and your's. I spent a lot of time NICU/PICU with my daughter, such a horrible place to be, but their pretty resilient and saw a lot of good stories in my time there. I'll pray for another.

God Bless

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    George,
    I am sorry my friend. Words cannot express my deepest heartfelt feelings for you and your family. Georgie will fight and win this battle!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you and I'll give the song an intent listen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Hope and pray for the best, and I and everyone else here will do the same....do not hesitate to PM me and (I can presume here) anyone if there is ANYTHING that can be done.

My wife's cousin (my cousin in-law I guess) first child had cancer....perhaps they could offer some assistance?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    George, I am truly sorry for your loss. Godspeed to your little guy, too... that must be so difficult for you and your wife.

Life has a way sometimes of piling **** on top of other **** all at once. It's not fair at all. Try to be strong, if not for your own well being, but for your wife's.

I listened to that song, btw. It is very good. Thanks for the recommendation.

I don't pray very often -- or as often as I should, I suppose -- but you will be in my prayers tonight. Hang in there, pally.