Thread: Palin says Obama regrets bypassing Clinton

Palin says Obama regrets bypassing Clinton

[SIZE="5"][B]Palin says Obama regrets bypassing Clinton[/B][/SIZE]
    [B]Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin said Friday she thinks Barack Obama regrets not making Hillary Rodham Clinton his running mate.[/B]

Palin praised Clinton's "determination, and grit and even grace" during the Democratic primaries, sounding an altogether different note than when she suggested earlier this year that the New York senator was whining about negative press coverage and campaigning in a way that was not advancing the cause of women in politics.

"I think he's regretting not picking her now," Palin told ABC News.

Her comment brought a sharp rejoinder from Democratic Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, on behalf of the Obama campaign: "Sarah Palin should spare us the phony sentiment and respect. Governor Palin accused Senator Clinton of whining."

Palin's entry in the race has drawn support from many white women, and the McCain campaign hopes in particular that she can pull Clinton's supporters away from Obama. It was in that spirit that she heaped praise on Obama's defeated rival in the face of her earlier criticisms.

"What determination, and grit, and even grace through some tough shots that were fired her way she handled those well," Palin said.

In March, Palin was asked about coverage of Clinton at a Newsweek forum, and said: "Fair or unfair, I think she does herself a disservice to even mention it, really. I mean, you gotta plow through that. You have to know what you're getting into ... when I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism, or you know maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think, 'That doesn't do us any good women in politics."

Delaware Sen. Joe Biden, the man Obama picked for his ticket, defended Clinton this week when a voter told him it was best that he was chosen over the New York senator. Biden said Clinton "might've been a better pick than me."

McCain appeared to back off a bit from his claim that Palin was the best vice presidential pick in U.S. history when he joked, "We politicians are never given to exaggeration or hyperbole."

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_republicans[/url]

[U]Source[/U]: [I]Associated Press[/I]

All League
    So Palin thinks Obama should have picked Clinton as his running mate. Why, exactly? Personally, if Obama had picked Clinton I probably would have voted for McCain. Now that McCain's picked Palin, I'm voting for Obama.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2748545]So Palin thinks Obama should have picked Clinton as his running mate. Why, exactly? Personally, if Obama had picked Clinton I probably would have voted for McCain. Now that McCain's picked Palin, I'm voting for Obama.[/QUOTE]

More proof that nothing matters more than the VP selection in 2008.

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2748547]More proof that nothing matters more than the VP selection in 2008.[/QUOTE]

For some voters, you may be right. But should it (be the most important thing)?

IMHO, two things make the VP choice more important in this election than in the past: 1) is McCain's age--his choice is much more important than Obama's; 2) is the vastly increased power of the VP during Cheney's tenure.

If McCain is elected, I'd guess the odds are about 25% that Sarah Palin will be president before the end of the term.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2748552]For some voters, you may be right. But should it (be the most important thing)?

IMHO, two things make the VP choice more important in this election than in the past: 1) is McCain's age--his choice is much more important than Obama's; 2) is the vastly increased power of the VP during Cheney's tenure.

[B]If McCain is elected, I'd guess the odds are about 25% that Sarah Palin will be president before the end of the term.[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm tired of you guys saying McCain won't finish his term(s)...odds are greater that if Obama is elected, some whack job will take out Obama and you have Joe "no change" Biden as your prez.

Didn't Barack Obama's VP running mate Senator Joe Biden say the same thing? :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2748552]; 2) is the vastly increased power of the VP during Cheney's tenure.

If McCain is elected, [B]I'd guess the odds are about 25%[/B] that Sarah Palin will be president before the end of the term.[/QUOTE]Are you Nostradamus or C. Everett Koop? How did you reach this "conclusion"? Just curious.

Here are some actual odds, since you are so interested.
    [url]http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html#fn1[/url]

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2748545]So Palin thinks Obama should have picked Clinton as his running mate. Why, exactly? Personally, if Obama had picked Clinton I probably would have voted for McCain. Now that McCain's picked Palin, I'm voting for Obama.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty confident that if Obama picked Clinton this thing would of been over before it started. Obama/Clinton would be winning in a landslide.

Obama's arrogance changed the dynamics completely. He left the door open for McCain.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2748552]For some voters, you may be right. But should it (be the most important thing)?[/quote]
    I don't think so, but I'll admit to being really turned on by McCain's pick. She has stirred both the loins and the masses. McCain is no fool.

It's interesting how the Israelis view Obama. He receives much support
    both from Jewish liberals and arguably the right-wing AIPAC, but his
    middle name bothers Israelis a lot. Also, there are doubts whether he is
    really a Muslim apostate. Here is an article which analyzes Obama's
    similarity to early Zionists:
    [url]http://samsonblinded.org/blog/obama-against-jewishness.htm[/url] What do you think of the parallels?

Are you keeping the odds for a Presidential Assassination?

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2748627]I'm tired of you guys saying McCain won't finish his term(s)...odds are greater that if Obama is elected, some whack job will take out Obama and you have Joe "no change" Biden as your prez.[/QUOTE]

flushingjet
    i never regret passing your posts by, dumbmarine

Jets Insider VIP
    BO should have picked Charlie "No Hablo Espanol" Rangel - then he could have gotten some free time at the villa. :cool:

unreal the joke the republicans are playing on their conservative base.....

Palin is a carrot on a stick......

they are still going to get McCain, which they would have gotten anyway, but now they are happy about it...

kind of funny

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=piney;2752718]unreal the joke the republicans are playing on their conservative base.....

Palin is a carrot on a stick......

they are still going to get McCain, which they would have gotten anyway, but now they are happy about it...

kind of funny[/QUOTE]

Ya mean like a vegetarian corndog?

[QUOTE=quantum;2752723]Ya mean like a vegetarian corndog?[/QUOTE]

or non-alcoholic beer