Thread: Large Amount Of Credit For The Surge Goes To Stephen Hadley- Woodward

Large Amount Of Credit For The Surge Goes To Stephen Hadley- Woodward

I was one of those working in the NSC at the time lobbying in favor of the surge. National Security Advisor Hadley has always been noted as someone who prefers to work in the background to create the conditions for policies.

[QUOTE]But Woodward's fourth volume on decision making inside the administration, "The War Within," also confirms that Bush never would have been in position to make the hard but correct call had it not been for his national security adviser, Stephen J. Hadley.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he's finally getting some recognition. Those times when all of Washington was on the Administration like a pack of wild dogs and most everyone else was trying to hedge against their earlier policies and cover their failures required a lot of personal and professional courage.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/14/AR2008091401639.html?wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter[/url]

Any links to the articles by Kagan mentioned in this article? I'd like to read them if they're available.

Congrats to him, but what a great working environment. The uniter!!!

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;2752441]I was one of those working in the NSC at the time lobbying in favor of the surge. National Security Advisor Hadley has always been noted as someone who prefers to work in the background to create the conditions for policies.

I'm glad he's finally getting some recognition. Those times when all of Washington was on the Administration like a pack of wild dogs and most everyone else was trying to hedge against their earlier policies and cover their failures required a lot of personal and professional courage.

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/14/AR2008091401639.html?wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter[/url][/QUOTE]