Biden is a funny guy...

This from today

McCain:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAmVs0cvY8[/url]

Biden:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7CRDSZ3Pl4[/url]

Veteran
    Classic.

Almost as good as Obama's line which went something like (not sure of the exact beginning of the quote).

"If you think that McCain and Palin are real reformers then I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska."

[QUOTE=bigalbarracuda;2753002]Classic.

Almost as good as Obama's line which went something like (not sure of the exact beginning of the quote).

"If you think that McCain and Palin are real reformers then I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska."[/QUOTE]

Was it as good as "Jesus was a Community Organizer, Pilate was a Governor"?

how 'bout "senator,can you stand up plz?"...

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2753021]how 'bout "senator,can you stand up plz?"...[/QUOTE]

That was actually hilarious, unfortunate, but hilarious. It reminds me of when I was a like 14-15 years old and was at a Nets game, right behind the net, and during half time they had guys playing basketball in wheelchairs, so this one guy had a break a way, and my ass hole friend yelled.... DUNK IT!

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2753029]That was actually hilarious, unfortunate, but hilarious. It reminds me of when I was a like 14-15 years old and was at a Nets game, right behind the net, and during half time they had guys playing basketball in wheelchairs, so this one guy had a break a way, and my ass hole friend yelled.... DUNK IT![/QUOTE]ouch....we all have those moments.once told a girl right before she told me she was adopted that adopted kids never feel loved.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2752991]This from today

McCain:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igAmVs0cvY8[/url]

Biden:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7CRDSZ3Pl4[/url][/QUOTE]

What stands out in those two clips is not necessarily how funny Biden is (and that was a pretty decent line and delivery), its how awful McCain sounds. He's just brutal.

In the coming weeks, he's going to have a tough decision to make. Does he keep Palin at his side at all times or does he risk going out on his own?

[quote=crasherino;2753069]What stands out in those two clips is not necessarily how funny Biden is (and that was a pretty decent line and delivery), its how awful McCain sounds. He's just brutal.

In the coming weeks, he's going to have a tough decision to make. Does he keep Palin at his side at all times or does he risk going out on his own?[/quote]

McCain is terrible at giving scripted speeches. Terrible. Get him unscripted, though, and he's actually pretty good (I thought he came off really well in his appearance on the View - the Zoroastrian line was actually pretty quick witted, and he tends to come off as very thoughtful).

Truthfully, probably the best thing the campaign could do is say "screw the teleprompter" and just give him outlines for his speeches, let him think on his feet. But that's a hell of a gamble to take, and given his momentum even with sounding like a bad animatronic version of himself on the stump, I doubt that's going to happen

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2753029]That was actually hilarious, unfortunate, but hilarious. It reminds me of when I was a like 14-15 years old and was at a Nets game, right behind the net, and during half time they had guys playing basketball in wheelchairs, so this one guy had a break a way, and my ass hole friend yelled.... DUNK IT![/QUOTE]
    Hilarious and irresponsible as a VP candidate.

Maybe Biden can tell McCain how to speak when he's in a 7-11?

Good speech from Biden today. Should have gave this speech at the convention.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ImuE0IVamk[/url]
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-15-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2753095]McCain is terrible at giving scripted speeches. Terrible. Get him unscripted, though, and he's actually pretty good (I thought he came off really well in his appearance on the View - the Zoroastrian line was actually pretty quick witted, and he tends to come off as very thoughtful).

Truthfully, probably the best thing the campaign could do is say "screw the teleprompter" and just give him outlines for his speeches, let him think on his feet. But that's a hell of a gamble to take, and given his momentum even with sounding like a bad animatronic version of himself on the stump, I doubt that's going to happen[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but that strategy didn't work for him. You're right about one thing - he'll continue down this road as long as his momentum is going strong. When they hit a bump in the road though, and Obama has a resurgence, he'll personally be in favor of his off the cuff responses. If nothing else, it'll make this election more interesting.

While I think polls are relatively worthless when elections are this close, the new Hotline Poll has Obama up 46%- 42%. Don't know if others will follow, but its probably the best news Obama has had in days/weeks.

I love how Obama is for change and yet he picks an old establishment/machine type Democrat.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2755229]I love how Obama is for change and yet he picks an old establishment/machine type Democrat.[/QUOTE]

I love how McCain was for experience and yet he picks a 1st term religious nut job from Alaska.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2755266]I love how McCain was for experience and yet he picks a 1st term religious nut job from Alaska.[/QUOTE]

I'm not voting for either. Neither are good candidates. Obama supporters who are worried about Palin's experience amuse me, though.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2755280]I'm not voting for, either. Both aren't good candidates. Obama supporters who are worried about Palin's experience amuse me, though.[/QUOTE]

Palin is yesterdays news. Bubble has burst.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2755283]Palin is yesterdays news. Bubble has burst.[/QUOTE]

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Wishful thinking from a demoralized electorate. New battleground Poll has Mccain/Palin up 4 on Obama/Biden

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/RCP_PDF/Battleground-36-charts.pdf[/url]

How's this for Classic Biden today:

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080916/pl_politico/13496[/url]

Republicans had fun giving out tire gauges after Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) suggested folks save energy by inflating their tires. Now, some toaster tomfoolery may be in the offing.

Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) said on NBC’s “Today” show: “Our tax plan would take that tax cut of another $130 billion that John [McCain] wants to give to people making over $250,000 next year, not let it go forward and give it to the middle class — the very people who desperately need it to stay in their homes, to buy food, to take care of the gas, to fill up their tank, [B]to be able to go out and buy a toaster[/B], to employ people.”

The McCain campaign’s Joe Pounder (“his real name,” as The New Yorker recently put it) crowed in his morning e-mail to reporters: “[D]id you catch Joe Biden saying this morning that their tax cut will allow Americans to buy a ‘toaster’? Nothing says a sound economic plan like ‘buying a toaster.’”

Republicans also posted a YouTube clip of an exchange between Biden and the “Today” host, Meredith Vieira, in which he disputed the idea that economists have questioned raising taxes in a recessionary economy.

VIEIRA: “Senator, you and Senator Obama are calling for tax increases on the wealthy. And there are many economists who say that that would hurt the economy even more.”

BIDEN: “I don't know any economists who are saying that.”

Expect to see a list by the end of the day.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2755266]I love how McCain was for experience and yet he picks a 1st term religious nut job from Alaska.[/QUOTE]

Who has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2755283]Palin is yesterdays news. Bubble has burst.[/QUOTE]

You brought up Palin. Try to stay with me here.

biden is invisible (empty suit)

[QUOTE=crasherino;2753069]In the coming weeks, he's going to have a tough decision to make. Does he keep Palin at his side at all times or does he risk going out on his own?[/QUOTE]
    You mean by challenging Obama to ten town-hall style debates with Obama? It was Obama who bailed on that idea. (After initally saying he'd love it). The debates will be McCain's coup d'gras. Obama has never had to defend himself against a non-liberal in his entire life. McCain has been debating in Washington since World War I. Obama agreed only to an established minimum.