Thread: Barack

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Barack

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/obama_tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't that decision effect the new President a lot?

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2753271][url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/obama_tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm[/url][/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not buying this.

The NYP is wrong an awful lot --does it even have anyone in Iraq-- and this one doesn't pass the sniff test.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2753325]Not buying this.

The NYP is wrong an awful lot --does it even have anyone in Iraq-- and this one doesn't pass the sniff test.[/QUOTE]

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was true; Obama has changed his stance on a [B]ton[/B] of issues recently.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

The NYP is wrong an awful lot --does it even have anyone in Iraq-- and this one doesn't pass the sniff test.[/QUOTE]

NYSlimes in June....this could very well be in violation of the Logan Act if found to be true....

[QUOTE]FLINT, Mich. – Senator Barack Obama said today he intends to visit Iraq and Afghanistan before the November election.

Mr. Obama, who spoke to the Iraqi foreign minister by telephone this morning, said he was “encouraged” by the reductions in violence in Iraq. But he said the United States still must begin gradually withdrawing troops, at a pace of one to two brigades a month, with a goal of removing most combat troops in 16 months.

“We have no interest in permanent bases in Iraq,” Mr. Obama said. “I gave him an assurance that should we be elected, an Obama administration will make sure that we continue with the progress that’s been made in Iraq – that we won’t act precipitously, but that we will move to end U.S. combat forces in Iraq.”

As Mr. Obama arrived in Michigan for a campaign stop on the economy, he shared details of his morning telephone call with Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari. On Sunday, Mr. Zebari had a face-to-face meeting with Senator John McCain of Arizona, the presumptive Republican nominee.

[B]Among the issues being discussed with the two presidential candidates is the long-term security accord between Iraq and the United States. While the Bush administration would like to see an agreement reached before the summer’s political conventions, Mr. Obama said today that he opposed such a timetable.[/B]

“My concern is that the Bush administration, in a weakened state politically, ends up trying to rush an agreement that in some ways might be binding to the next administration, whether it’s my administration or Senator McCain’s administration,” Mr. Obama said. “The foreign minister agreed that the next administration should not be bound by an agreement that’s currently made.”

Mr. Obama, who has not been to Iraq for more than two years, told the New York Times last month that he intended to visit Iraq. His comments today after talking to Mr. Zebari underscored that desire, saying: “I told him that I look forward to seeing him in Baghdad.”

Late last month, Mr. McCain invited Mr. Obama to embark on a joint trip to Iraq, a gesture that Mr. Obama dismissed as a political stunt. The Republican National Committee started a clock, keeping track of the days it has been since Mr. Obama’s visit in January 2006.

“In the nearly 900 days since Barack Obama visited Iraq, the facts on the ground have changed dramatically – but his ideologically-driven position has not,” said Alex Conant, a Republican spokesman. “When Obama visits Iraq, he’ll see that he was wrong to oppose the surge, wrong to continue to ignore our commanders’ advice and wrong to demand premature withdrawal.”

Today, Mr. Obama did not say specifically when he intended to take his foreign trip.

“You know, we’ll make an announcement about that,” he said. “But as I said, I’m interested in visiting Iraq and Afghanistan before the election.”
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/16/obama-plans-trip-pre-election-day-visit-to-iraq-and-afghanistan/?scp=1&sq=My%20concern%20is%20that%20the%20Bush%20administration,%20in%20a%20weakened%20state%20politically,%20ends%20up%20trying%20to%20rush%20a[/url]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-15-2008 at 08:45 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2753283]Doesn't that decision effect the new President a lot?[/QUOTE]omg you will rationalize anything the left does.i will name you lefty and you will be mine....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The NYP is wrong an awful lot --does it even have anyone in Iraq-- and this one doesn't pass the sniff test.[/QUOTE]you and your brother cr7...go to your room!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    the more they give answers like this the more they open the pandora's box....

[QUOTE]Obama camp hits back at Iraq double-talk claim
    55 minutes ago

PUEBLO, Colorado (AFP) — Barack Obama's White House campaign angrily denied Monday a report that he had secretly urged the Iraqis to postpone a deal to withdraw US troops until after November's election.

In the New York Post, conservative Iranian-born columnist Amir Taheri quoted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari as saying the Democrat made the demand when he visited Baghdad in July, while publicly demanding an early withdrawal.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview, according to Taheri.

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open," Zebari reportedly said.

The Republican campaign of John McCain seized on the report to accuse Obama of double-speak on Iraq, calling it an "egregious act of political interference by a presidential candidate seeking political advantage overseas."

But Obama's national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said Taheri's article bore "as much resemblance to the truth as a McCain campaign commercial."

[B]In fact, Obama had told the Iraqis that they should not rush through a "Strategic Framework Agreement" governing the future of US forces until after President George W. Bush leaves office, she said.[/B]

In the face of resistance from Bush, the Democrat has long said that any such agreement must be reviewed by the US Congress as it would tie a future administration's hands on Iraq.

"Barack Obama has never urged a delay in negotiations, nor has he urged a delay in immediately beginning a responsible drawdown of our combat brigades," Morigi said.

"These outright distortions will not changes the facts -- Senator Obama is the only candidate who will safely and responsibly end the war in Iraq and refocus our attention on the real threat: a resurgent Al-Qaeda and Taliban along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border."

Last Tuesday, Bush announced plans to remove 8,000 US troops from Iraq in the coming months and send 4,500 to Afghanistan by January.

Obama said the president was belatedly coming round to his own way of thinking, but also accused Bush of "tinkering around the edges" and "kicking the can down the road to the next president."
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hi9TDNHvuBZpFsO8ZbiFYsnbIl3A[/url]

from the NYPost article listed above....

[QUOTE]WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence. [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said new President, that means either one. You really want me that bad?

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2753338]omg you will rationalize anything the left does.i will name you lefty and you will be mine....[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753596]the more they give answers like this the more they open the pandora's box....

[url]http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hi9TDNHvuBZpFsO8ZbiFYsnbIl3A[/url]

from the NYPost article listed above....[/QUOTE]

I think you highlighted the wrong part..

the Post writer is exaggerating Obama's statement...

of course you know this...but you like to play the game...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753626]I think you highlighted the wrong part..

the Post writer is exaggerating Obama's statement...

of course you know this...but you like to play the game...[/QUOTE]

and you know he exaggerated hussien's statement because hussien said so????

all signs, including those from 0bama and his aides, point to him wanting no agreement and no troop draw down....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753660]and you know he exaggerated hussien's statement because hussien said so????

all signs, including those from 0bama and his aides, point to him wanting no agreement and no troop draw down....[/QUOTE]

first thing first....I hate your sign in name...I have no way to make a nickname out of it... "come backy?" "NY"..."Yorkie?"..it kills me...because to type out CBTNY is not a quickie solution....

second, all signs don't point to him wanting no agreement, signs point to him not wanting whoever the next administration is to be held to an agreement made with the Bush administration....

There is probably a bit of gamesmanship in this, no agreement helps Obama, which is probably why the current administration has been tooting its horn about withdrawals and Afgahnistan...to hinder Obama's wheelhouse.....but it also seems like SOP for someone who may become Pres. to think that they should be tied down to an agreement made in the waning days of the previous administration....not really a stretch...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama is a lowlife! Nothing he does or says surprises me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2753716]Obama is a lowlife! Nothing he does or says surprises me.[/QUOTE]

a lowlife....

really?

are you sure you are allowed to vote?

can we look into this...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753692]first thing first....I hate your sign in name...I have no way to make a nickname out of it... "come backy?" "NY"..."Yorkie?"..it kills me...because to type out CBTNY is not a quickie solution....[/QUOTE]

Somebody came up with "Come Back to Earth" a while ago. It fit's like a glove. Not a bloody glove, a regular glove.