Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin won't meet with 'Troopergate' investigator

Banned

Palin won't meet with 'Troopergate' investigator

JetsFan2012
    So, first she's being "sequestered" by the McCain campaign, and now that she's out on the campaign trail you want her to interrupt her schedule and meet with some investigator?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    So, first she's being "sequestered" by the McCain campaign, and now that she's out on the campaign trail you want her to interrupt her schedule and meet with some investigator?
    So you think they should wait till after the election?

I don't know what Palin did, but we need to know what she did or didn't do before the election, for obvious reasons.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    So you think they should wait till after the election?

I don't know what Palin did, but we need to know what she did or didn't do before the election, for obvious reasons.
    Don't halt the investigation, but you can't expect her to drop everything at once to meet with this guy, either.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It is all part of being a reformer.

All League
    Don't halt the investigation, but you can't expect her to drop everything at once to meet with this guy, either.
    The federal Prison system is filled with people who feel that way.

All League
    man, you would be all over Obama if the roles were reversed....

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Thanks for telling me what I would and would not be doing.

Wouldn't you think that her schedule is a little hectic right now?

Hall Of Fame
    She is a reformer why wouldn't she fully cooperate and make sure that her name is cleared? Does she think the investigators will lie just to get her? No one is paying attention to this right?

All League

right, I was way out of line huh? yeesh....how did a young guy like you get so sensitive!

I have no problem with a delay....but if this waits until after the election then it smells funny..

wouldn't she want to clear this up if there is nothing to it..

I don't know myself, having heard different things from both sides and learning not to trust either over the years..but if she is truly in the clear I would imagine it could only help the McCain campaign for her to face up to this and show it as an empty charge....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

and if the roles were reversed and the leader of the "non-partisan" group looking into the allegations was a McCain supporter and making the accusations and comments about the investigation ala Hollis French, you'd pee in your pants from screaming out loud about it.....

Veteran
    Some investigator? Its not like this is some small scale, unimportant, baseless private investigator. We are talking about a major investigation into unethical, abuse of power violations by a Governor and candidate for Vice President for the United States.

So yeah, I think she should "interrupt her schedule" to meet with "some investigator." If she has nothing to hide, it takes half a day and done. On the other hand, she can continue to act like the Bush administration and simply refuse to comply, further reinforcing just how much they are running as Bush III

All League
    There is NOTHING to investigate, she tried to get a trooper fired for using a taser on a 19 year old! Doesn't Obama have anything else to do like check out what the real issues are in this country. Like Fanny Mae, Merrill Lynch our energy woes. But then again he knows he would have to investigate his own
    party on that! Dodd/Obama 1 and 2 in fanny Mae political contributions! Change we dont need!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    There is NOTHING to investigate, she tried to get a trooper fired for using a taser on a 19 year old! Doesn't Obama have anything else to do like check out what the real issues are in this country. Like Fanny Mae, Merrill Lynch our energy woes. But then again he knows he would have to investigate his own
    party on that! Dodd/Obama 1 and 2 in fanny Mae political contributions! Change we dont need!
    LOL... Coming from the guy who posts threads about Obama being sued because "he wasn't being born in the US"

Which one of these issues makes the nightly news and papers in the morning? This investigation has been going on way before Palin was considered for VP, let alone announced as the candidate. This has been big news in Alaska for some time, now that she "matters" this has become a national story. Get use to it buddy.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-15-2008 at 10:46 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    and if the roles were reversed and the leader of the "non-partisan" group looking into the allegations was a McCain supporter and making the accusations and comments about the investigation ala Hollis French, you'd pee in your pants from screaming out loud about it.....
    nah, I could care less myself....these thing don't bother me as much as the righties who think there are liberal conspiracies all over the nation.....

why should it matter who it was....if the dog won't hunt, there is nothing to fear...

All League
    well...the taser thing is a bit overblown it seems to me, from all accounts..

just being foolish and playing around with a taser shouldn't be a fireable offense..I thought there was more on this guy anyway..

because if it is just the taser thing,....then that is a weak reason to be let go

Veteran
    Wait, I thought the economy is fundamentally sound. Or at least, so says McSame...

All League
    ....There is NOTHING to investigate...
    Keep telling yourself that.

make it your mantra

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

well...the taser thing is a bit overblown it seems to me, from all accounts..

just being foolish and playing around with a taser shouldn't be a fireable offense..I thought there was more on this guy anyway..

because if it is just the taser thing,....then that is a weak reason to be let go
    but as most informed people understand-it's not just the "taser thing".....but you'll just play the game....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    but as most informed people understand-it's not just the "taser thing".....but you'll just play the game....
    you didn't see the part in my post where I said "I thought there was more on this guy than just that..."

do you have reading comprehension skills at all?

MN (a guy on your side) said it was the taser incident that got him fired, I said that shouldn't be enough and he had more issues than just that, off the top of my head, I really don't remember, but it sounded like a laundry list of issues.

way to go, though, attack me when I was making your point....