Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin Announces Her Platform (finally)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Palin Announces Her Platform (finally)

[QUOTE]Palin spells out her role in McCain administration

By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent 19 minutes ago

GOLDEN, Colo. - Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin said Monday she would concentrate on energy, government reform and helping families with special needs children. i[/QUOTE]

Oh jeezus. What with war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the threat of international terrorism, the economy bombing, an Iranian nuclear threat, illegal immigrants taking out home loans, oil running out, US families swimming in debt, etc. etc. Palin comes up with this soccer mom dribbler of top issues.

Lets break this down...

1) Energy. OK, a huge issue. The US needs energy independence and needs it yesterday. But it's not going to get it from a governor from an oil state with a husband who works for British Petroleum. Palin's "energy policy" is a single note...drill in Anwar. Clueless. The chants of "Drill, baby' drill" at the RNC were an embarrassment. US energy policy under Bush was mostly set by the VP. I can't believe even Palin's biggest supporters share her naivete on the notion of Anwar drilling solving America's energy problems.

2) Government Reform. When a candidate doesn't have any experience in government and has no specific ideas of what to do, they babble about reforming Washington. LOL. Not that Washington couldn't use reform, but this is stupid on so many levels. For one, it's not high on voters list. For two, while I agree that under Bush the corruption in government has blossomed, is that a point a republican running for office really wants to make? And does anyone really think soccer mom Sarah Palin is going to be able to clean up DC? The corrupt politicians, lobbyists, and other power brokers will run rings around her. The much more likely scenario (given her past history of using her office for vendettas) is that she'll be as corrupt as any of them before the first cherry tree blooms in the spring.

3. Helping families with special needs children. Here's where it gets truly pathetic. Is this on any voters top 100 list of issues? It's a joke.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 09-15-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'd like to see the rest of that article. Or at least post the link too. Just for intellectual honesty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't have a link but someone told me today that the number of permits that the oil industry has received to drill in America has tripled since 2001... and that the price of gas also tripled in that time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2753633]Oh jeezus. What with war in Iraq and Afghanistan, the threat of international terrorism, the economy bombing, an Iranian nuclear threat, illegal immigrants taking out home loans, oil running out, US families swimming in debt, etc. etc. Palin comes up with this soccer mom dribbler of top issues.

Lets break this down...

1) Energy. OK, a huge issue. The US needs energy independence and needs it yesterday. But it's not going to get it from a governor from an oil state with a husband who works for British Petroleum. Palin's "energy policy" is a single note...drill in Anwar. Clueless. The chants of "Drill, baby' drill" at the RNC were an embarrassment.

2) Government Reform. When a candidate doesn't have any experience in government and has no specific ideas of what to do, they babble about reforming Washington. LOL. Not that Washington couldn't use reform, but this is stupid on so many levels. For one, it's not high on voters list. For two, while I agree that under Bush the corruption in government has blossomed, is that a point a republican running for office really wants to make? And does anyone really think soccer mom Sarah Palin is going to be able to clean up DC? The corrupt politicians, lobbyists, and other power brokers will run rings around her. The much more likely scenario (given her past history of using her office for vendettas) is that she'll be as corrupt as any of them before the first cherry tree blooms in the spring.

3. Helping families with special needs children. Here's where it gets truly pathetic. Is this on any voters top 100 list of issues? It's a joke.[/QUOTE]
    I love how the left treats Palin like a Presidential candidate who must be defeated at all costs. How scared are you guys, anyway?

McLandslide.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2753652]I love how the left treats Palin like a Presidential candidate who must be defeated at all costs. How scared are you guys, anyway?

McLandslide.[/QUOTE]

Apparently she's running as a First Lady(McCain is a horn dog, he might be the Repulicans version of Clinton, he needs 2 first ladies)

Helping families with special needs? Really? obviously there is some importance to this cause, but is this something the VP should focus on? What is she going to focus on if, God for bid, McCain dies.

By the way..can I get a link Bushy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2753641]I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'd like to see the rest of that article. Or at least post the link too. Just for intellectual honesty.[/QUOTE]

NP. My bad for not including one. Here you go...

[URL="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_el_pr/palin"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_el_pr/palin[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2753652]I love how the left treats Palin like a Presidential candidate who must be defeated at all costs. How scared are you guys, anyway?

McLandslide.[/QUOTE]

Sackdance, I'm not the left. But you're correct on the other counts...she does scare the **** out of me and I think she must be defeated. Believe me, while there's no shortage of democrats who are against her simply because she's a republican, there are also plenty of republicans who are aghast at the pick and the possibility of a Palin presidency.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 09-15-2008 at 10:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2753689]Sackdance, I'm not the left. But you're correct on the other counts...she does scare the **** out of me and I think she must be defeated. Believe me, while there's no shortage of democrats who are against her simply because she's a republican, there are also plenty of republicans who are aghast at the pick and the possibility of a Palin presidency.[/QUOTE]
    Tell me how Obama is more qualified or a better candidate? Moreover, Obama wishes he could generate the buzz she does. You think Republicans aren't aghast at the possibility of an Obama presidency?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2753782]Tell me how Obama is more qualified or a better candidate? Moreover, Obama wishes he could generate the buzz she does. You think Republicans aren't aghast at the possibility of an Obama presidency?[/QUOTE]

Talk to me when Palin has a song written for her by a major artist. :rolleyes:

(Seriously.. don't take this post seriously, how can we possibly judge who generates the most "buzz")

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2753782]Tell me how Obama is more qualified or a better candidate? [/QUOTE]

electing Obama instantly restores the USA's reputation on the world stage.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2753823]electing Obama instantly restores the USA's reputation on the world stage.[/QUOTE]

umm...modern day conservatives don't care about that and don't think it is important.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2753823]electing Obama instantly restores the USA's reputation on the world stage.[/QUOTE]

The governments of the world know the importance of working with and often under the United States. This will continue under whomever gets elected.

Really, it's the people of Europe who have fallen for him and after going abroad, I've seen that they have no idea of the way America works.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2753782]Tell me how Obama is more qualified or a better candidate? Moreover, Obama wishes he could generate the buzz she does. You think Republicans aren't aghast at the possibility of an Obama presidency?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sold on Obama either. One party's ability to create a buzz impresses me not at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy who wrote the story doesn't exactly have it right. From this video she said:

"My mission is going to be: Engery, security, and government reform."

[URL="http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=175063"]http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=175063[/URL]

Which certainly sounds a lot better than having your third big issue being special needs. So I don't really know what the Yahoo guy is talking about.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2753633]Oh jeezus.[/QUOTE]

She's the VP. I think the President would, you know, handle the whole War thing.

Or are you saying you want a VP that says they will handle the War a la Cheney (or what Libs say about Cheney)?

She doesn;t have a platform, she's the VP. She'll do what McCain says, and then muddle around in lots of things because she has nothing better to do.....just like every VP.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you figure?

Whats, specificly, about electing Obama will "restore" our reputation "Instantly"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2754094]She's the VP. I think the President would, you know, handle the whole War thing.

Or are you saying you want a VP that says they will handle the War a la Cheney (or what Libs say about Cheney)?

She doesn;t have a platform, she's the VP. She'll do what McCain says, and then muddle around in lots of things because she has nothing better to do.....just like every VP.[/quote]

exactly. I'm no fan of Palin's politics, but to complain that she's not talking foreign policy when that's McCain's strength is just silly, IMO

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2754095]How do you figure?

Whats, specificly, about electing Obama will "restore" our reputation "Instantly"?[/QUOTE]

it tells the world we are not a country dominated by ignorance, at least not anymore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2754122]it tells the world we are not a country dominated by ignorance, at least not anymore.[/QUOTE]
    So Obama is a better candidate than Palin because he can vaguely tell the world (outside of the US) that we're not so ignorant anymore. Got it.

I'm thinking Obama better cancel the debates.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2754131]So Obama is a better candidate than Palin because he can vaguely tell the world (outside of the US) that we're not so ignorant anymore. Got it.[/QUOTE]

Obama went to Harvard Law, Palin went to U Idaho and 5 other schools

there are about a 1000 reasons why Obama is better than Palin. the world issue is just one of them