Thread: why this isn't an Obama campaign ad, I will never know..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

why this isn't an Obama campaign ad, I will never know..

Can the Dems please get some balls and attack McCain the right way...

people don't talk about a lobbyist running the transition phase over dinner, they will talk about this....

ugh.....Democrats...the Jets of politics...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa20q2s2BRs&feature=related[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    0bama; "the change we need doesn't come from Washington....it comes to Washington"...

how true hussien...how true....

[IMG]http://livingalaska.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sarah_palin2.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753873]0bama; "the change we need doesn't come from Washington....it comes to Washington"...

how true hussien...how true....

[IMG]http://livingalaska.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sarah_palin2.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

come on....now I know you are a party guy, but really..you know and I know that Palin is a purely political move on the chess board.

I mean, I know you can't say it out loud or the followers might hear you, but this Palin pick is so empty and the idea she is a reformer who will march into Washington and change things is just laughable.

I mean, give me a sign if you know this is a lousy pick for the long term of the country but a good political strategy for the race.

How about say something insulting to me, so I know you know...like a wink and a nod...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753890]come on....now I know you are a party guy, but really..you know and I know that Palin is a purely political move on the chess board.

I mean, I know you can't say it out loud or the followers might hear you, but this Palin pick is so empty and the idea she is a reformer who will march into Washington and change things is just laughable.

I mean, give me a sign if you know this is a lousy pick for the long term of the country but a good political strategy for the race.

How about say something insulting to me, so I know you know...like a wink and a nod...[/QUOTE]

funny sh!t coming from an obama groupie who actually thinks hussien is qualified for the Presidency of the United States and that somehow that zero is good for the long term of the country....and really believes this crap....:shakehead

can't help but laugh at the obamanists who claim Palin is an empty pick but think their candidate is the real deal....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-15-2008 at 11:43 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753899]funny sh!t coming from an obama groupie who actually thinks hussien is qualified for the Presidency of the United States and that somehow that zero is good for the longterm of the country....

and really believes this crap....:shakehead[/QUOTE]

that's what I thought...

you know it is a bad pick..even though it is working in McCain's favor right now..

just wanted to make sure

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753906]that's what I thought...

you know it is a bad pick..even though it is working in McCain's favor right now..

just wanted to make sure[/QUOTE]

and if you think that I believe Palin was a bad pick then by extension and similar presumption, you've just admitted hussien has no qualifications to be President!! good move!! :thumbup:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753899]funny sh!t coming from an obama groupie who actually thinks hussien is qualified for the Presidency of the United States and that somehow that zero is good for the long term of the country....and really believes this crap....:shakehead

can't help but laugh at the obamanists who claim Palin is an empty pick but think their candidate is the real deal....[/QUOTE]

now I never said that Obama was the real deal...

here is my true thoughts on Obama...

I am more against the status quo than I am against Obama..I think McCain will be a status quo president.

What I mean by that is that right now we have a Dem congress who can't seem to get anything done, and when they do get something pushed through, Bush rejects it. I feel McCain will be more of the same in that regard.

Basically we will have a standoff until the next mid-term elections....which could further the standoff if the Dems win again.

At least Obama will probably go along with congress more than McCain right now...and I have no problem seeing what a Dem congress and President can do.
    I also think that an Obama presidency means that most likely the Republicans will win back the house next time around.

To me, that is the best of both worlds....in my short voting history it seems that the Dem Pres. will bend more than a Republican Pres.

I also like what Obama says he wants to do in regards to his tax proposals, I don't know if he can or will go through with them, but I like his over McCain's.

I have no problem with his change of stance on some issues, (FISA, Iraq, etc) and I don't see them as horrifying flips, and if anything, I would rather he govern from the center rather than the left, which I think a republican congress would force him to do....I feel that is what happened to Clinton.

And, if I am wrong, then the Republicans will win the house and then win the next election....and I doubt if Obama messes things up that they will be irrevocable for this country....nothing ever really is......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753918]and if you think that I believe Palin was a bad pick then by extension and similar presumption, you've just admitted hussien has no qualifications to be President!! good move!! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I have no problem admitting that he is probably not exactly qualified to be president, but I am still willing to give him a shot...I do think, in the long run, a Democratic president will be better for this country...only due to how things will change for the landscape of the government, whcih I tried to explain in a previous post.

But for sake of continuity of this post:

A Dem pres and Dem congress will get a lot done. It remains to be seen if any of that is actually good for us or not. If not...what are the chances of it happening again? In a decent time-frame.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    CB, honestly, are you rooting FOR the Republicans or AGAINST the Dems?

I ask, because a lot of the Republican principles have been taking a beating thanks to the absolute corruption the Republican party allowed to infiltrate their ranks, from top to bottom.

Do you still believe in them? Or are you so opposed to Obama that anyone is better than him? Or, is it that the Palin pick has energized you?

I'm honestly curious. You seem like a smart guy and you're so virulently opposed to Obama and the left of American politics to the point that you sometimes come across as a little insane.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753944]I have no problem admitting that he is probably not exactly qualified to be president[/QUOTE]

LOL

How [I]objective[/I] of you. :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2753950]LOL

How [I]objective[/I] of you. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't get it...is that sarcastic?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Strickland;2753948]CB, honestly, are you rooting FOR the Republicans or AGAINST the Dems?

I ask, because a lot of the Republican principles have been taking a beating thanks to the absolute corruption the Republican party allowed to infiltrate their ranks, from top to bottom. Do you still believe in them? [/QUOTE]

what you've said is true[I] in part[/I] but:

1- McCain has always been against earmarks, unneccessary spending, he will be much stronger on national defense and more open to immediate domestic energy production- the last two going hand-in-hand....

2- the dem controlled congress the past two years has been a horror- it started off well but it quickly fizzeled...

3- the corruption from the rats (Rangel, Sptizer, etc) is starting to come off the charts...

[QUOTE] Or are you so opposed to Obama that anyone is better than him? Or, is it that the Palin pick has energized you? I'm honestly curious. You seem like a smart guy and you're so virulently opposed to Obama and the left of American politics to the point that you sometimes come across as a little insane. [/QUOTE]

A little of both- McCain has his warts but there were always aspects of his politics I liked and admired- Palin is a great compliment to the ticket plus she talks the talk and walks the walk....

0bama can talk about change all he wants but his voting record and actions speak far left- abortion has never been a major voting issue for me- (I've never gone into a voting booth and said, "A is pro-abortion, B is anti-abortion, I pulling the lever for B")....0bama takes pro-abortion to new heights (just one example).....I would not trust him to be in charge of the crossing guards at my local school never mind the American Armed Forces...his tax policy is insane.....his spending plan is even worse...

and while people want to worry about Palin being "one heart beat away from the Presidency" I and other Republicans can shut down this board from over use picking apart Biden's record and why he is unqualified....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-16-2008 at 12:16 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2753957]what you've said is true[I] in part[/I] but:

1- McCain has always been against earmarks, unneccessary spending, he will be much stronger on national defense and more open to immediate domestic energy production- the last two going hand-in-hand....

2- the dem controlled congress the past two years has been a horror- it started off well but it quickly fizzeled...

3- the corruption from the rats (Rangel, Sptizer, etc) is starting to come off the charts...

A little of both- McCain has his warts but there were always aspects of his politics I liked and admired- Palin is a great compliment to the ticket plus she talks the talk and walks the walk....

0bama can talk about change all he wants but his voting record and actions speak far left- abortion has never been a major voting issue for me- (I've never gone into a voting booth and said, "A is pro-abortion, B is anti-abortion, I pulling the lever for B")....0bama takes pro-abortion to new heights (just one example).....I would not trust him to be in charge of the crossing guards at my local school never mind the American Armed Forces...his tax policy is insane.....his spending plan is even worse...

and while people want to worry about Palin being "one heart beat away from the Presidency" I and other Republicans can shut down this board from over use picking apart Biden's record and why he is unqualified....[/QUOTE]

wow....when the beast dies you can actually hold a conversation and make a real live point..

this CBTNY is much more useful than the other guy who posts here all the time

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753951]I don't get it...is that sarcastic?[/QUOTE]

It just made me laugh the way I read it in my head.

"I have no problem admitting (good, ok, that sounds like a definite, firm opinion) that he is probably (huh?) not exactly (what?) qualified (you sure?)."

Like your best attempt to remain unbiased or something.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2753969]It just made me laugh the way I read it in my head.

"I have no problem admitting (good, ok, that sounds like a definite, firm opinion) that he is probably (huh?) not exactly (what?) qualified (you sure?)."

Like your best attempt to remain unbiased or something.[/QUOTE]

well..I don't buy the line that he is totally unqualified....I mean...come on....then we should just call into play almost everyone who ran..because what really, truly qualifies you for the presidency?

I can admit, that out of most of the players on both sides he was probably the least qualified, at least how I quantify "qualified" anyway.

sometimes I post things just like I would say them if talking off the cuff, rather than making sure I have a rehearsed post....if that makes sense.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2753973]well..I don't buy the line that he is totally unqualified....I mean...come on....then we should just call into play almost everyone who ran..because what really, truly qualifies you for the presidency?

I can admit, that out of most of the players on both sides he was probably the least qualified, at least how I quantify "qualified" anyway.

sometimes I post things just like I would say them if talking off the cuff, rather than making sure I have a rehearsed post....if that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

I gotcha, I'm just giving you a hard time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I checked Obama is running for President, Palin for Vice President. Obama is the least qualified person to run for president in the last 100 years! He is running for President even though 2 years ago he said I am not qualified yet! He is the Presidential nominee simply because the Democrats didn't want another Clinton! PURE AND SIMPLE!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=piney;2753936]now I never said that Obama was the real deal...

here is my true thoughts on Obama...

I am more against the status quo than I am against Obama..I think McCain will be a status quo president.

What I mean by that is that right now we have a Dem congress who can't seem to get anything done, and when they do get something pushed through, Bush rejects it. I feel McCain will be more of the same in that regard.

Basically we will have a standoff until the next mid-term elections....which could further the standoff if the Dems win again.

At least Obama will probably go along with congress more than McCain right now...and I have no problem seeing what a Dem congress and President can do.
    I also think that an Obama presidency means that most likely the Republicans will win back the house next time around.

To me, that is the best of both worlds....in my short voting history it seems that the Dem Pres. will bend more than a Republican Pres.

I also like what Obama says he wants to do in regards to his tax proposals, I don't know if he can or will go through with them, but I like his over McCain's.

I have no problem with his change of stance on some issues, (FISA, Iraq, etc) and I don't see them as horrifying flips, and if anything, I would rather he govern from the center rather than the left, which I think a republican congress would force him to do....I feel that is what happened to Clinton.

And, if I am wrong, then the Republicans will win the house and then win the next election....and I doubt if Obama messes things up that they will be irrevocable for this country....nothing ever really is......[/quote]

Its funny, that's almost exactly why I like McCain. I think he's far more likely to govern from the center - he's already shown that inclination on a number of issues, and its the reason the conservative base wasn't overly enthusiastic about a McCain presidency. Add in a democratic congress that will give him the political cover - "hey, I have no choice if I want to get anything done I need to compromise" - and it gets more likely.

Give Obama a democratic congress and odds are you'll see the guy who ran left in the primary and not the one drifting to the center in the general. No, you won't have gridlock - but you'll have half the electorate furious at the other half.

Again.