Thread: Loudmouth idiot, er Curt Schilling at it again...

Banned

Loudmouth idiot, er Curt Schilling at it again...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,108796

Quote Originally Posted by Moronic dip**** Curt Schilling
    With the Dodgers apparently en route to the NL West title and the postseason, everything seems hunky-dory in Los Angeles with Manny Ramirez, his teammates and the Chavez Ravine faithful dressed in blue.

But leave it to Curt Schilling to insert himself into the situation by issuing a warning that there will be a price to pay once "Manny being Manny" becomes not a Dodger Stadium marketing tool but a hindrance in the clubhouse.

Apparently not content to let things lie, Schilling took a break from holding hands with Cindy McCain on the campaign trail to call into a Boston sports talk station from his car and then bash Man-Ram six ways from Santa Monica, saying that Ramirez's disrespect for teammates was "unfathomable." (Listen here)

A sampling of Schilling's comments, via the Providence Journal:

"I'm totally convinced [Ramirez was going to claim he was injured and] play half the games the rest of the year. And he made it clear he didn't want to play. We've all seen what Manny does when Manny doesn't want to play. "

"The day he realized that they were not going to sign him to an extension was the day he said, 'Uncle. I'm done.'"

"Nothing makes a guy that respects the game and respects human beings like Terry Francona feel worse than looking at a guy and saying, 'Go ahead, [mess] with me, [mess] with your teammates, I'll put you in the lineup,' and then turn around to a guy who's there every day early working his [butt] off who gets 110 at-bats a year and saying, 'You know what? Yeah, I can't put you in there tonight,'"

"There were times when you had players who were on like fire duty, 'Show up tomorrow, I'm not sure if you're playing or not, we've gotta find out what [Manny] wants to do.' That's not fair to anybody."

"It's the life that we lived every day, and even if we told people the truth, they still wouldn't believe it. What [the public hears and sees] is 10 to 20 percent of what went on."

"The fact of the matter was, you looked at a guy who, at the end of the day, when you look back on the history, never, ever cared about any of us."

While Schilling has some very salient points and is absolutely right that no teammate should ever treat another in that fashion, I still can't stop thinking that his airing of these feelings now with Manny all the way on the other side of the country redefines the word petty.

After all, as best I can remember, Schilling never said a word about Manny when he backing up Schilling with run support and helping the Red Sox to two World Series titles in four years. And, really, why break the "clubhouse code" that Schilling mentioned at the beginning of the interview when the problem has been excised and everyone else, Manny included, are busying themselves by moving on?

I guess that's just Curt being Curt.

Veteran
    this guy ATE his way out of philly...then stole 8 mill from the sox this year...and he is calling out manny...do us favor fatboy and just go away..

Hall Of Fame
    How come you're just realizing this now Curt? The thing everyone outside of New England has been saying for years? I thought he was just "being Manny"?

These Boston apologists are amazingly hypocritical.

I don't give a rats a$$ what Pillsbury Dough boy thinks about Manny. I just hope that he sees Manny face to face some late night when it's just the two of them after some drinks. I wanna see him try to explain his way outta' gettin' punched in that big fat mouth of his. That's when I'll get interested in this story. lol I'm not condoning Manny's behavior because honestly he could use a little brushing up on his professionalism as it applies to conduct but this a$$wipe I've never liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    How come you're just realizing this now Curt? The thing everyone outside of New England has been saying for years? I thought he was just "being Manny"?

These Boston apologists are amazingly hypocritical.
    As a Sox fan (yeah I know) I don't know what the hell you are talking about. People have been saying this about Manny in Boston for years but his production outweighed his antics. Now it reached a tipping point and he made it clear he was gonna make it miserable for the Sox unless they gave him an extension or traded him. Scott Boras pretty much admitted it. The "Boston apologist" comment makes no sense.

As far as what Curt said, he's right, but he should still just shut up.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    did he say anything that was untrue?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    did he say anything that was untrue?
    Every Point was 100% true.

The fact that he basically stole 8 million this year, and hasn't pitched since day 1 kind of makes me wonder why he's talking.

All Pro
    Whether you like Schilling or not, he nailed it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFan24 View Post
    As a Sox fan (yeah I know) I don't know what the hell you are talking about. People have been saying this about Manny in Boston for years but his production outweighed his antics. Now it reached a tipping point and he made it clear he was gonna make it miserable for the Sox unless they gave him an extension or traded him. Scott Boras pretty much admitted it. The "Boston apologist" comment makes no sense.
    This made me LOL.

All Pro

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Kleck, would you say you are more obsessed with Belichick or Schilling at this point?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Kleck, would you say you are more obsessed with Belichick or Schilling at this point?
    I'm not nearly as obsessed with them as you are with me.

You sick freak.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod View Post
    I'm not nearly as obsessed with them as you are with me.

You sick freak.
    Is that a personal attack?