Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: mavs howard:i'm black.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;2759435]wow!! the balls to call what we are talking about in this thread comedy??

to call me out on the internet about my race & not even having the balls to respond to your BS???

must be nice..no must feel nice to be you.[/QUOTE]
    got a little to hot in here huh 32??

i'm going to bed too.

sheep...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2759446]I think that is a double edged sword in many cases.

what do you specifically cite that the US has done for black people....[/QUOTE]

Well, JFK really spearheaded the entire Civil Rights movement, for one. And since then strides have been made in all avenues to "equal the playing field," so to speak.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2759461][B][SIZE="4"]Well, JFK really spearheaded the entire Civil Rights movement[/SIZE][/B], for one. And since then strides have been made in all avenues to "equal the playing field," so to speak.[/QUOTE]
    [B]WTF are you talking about!!![/B]

[B]what world do you live in???[/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2759461]Well, JFK really spearheaded the entire Civil Rights movement, for one. And since then strides have been made in all avenues to "equal the playing field," so to speak.[/QUOTE]

right, but this is where the double edge comes in...

Should a Black man truly feel grateful because 150 years after "all men are created equal" the American Government finally addressed the inequality of the African-American?

I don't know if I could acknowledge that as something I should count as what my country has done for me if I was in their shoes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jebus Chrift. Anyone who has a major issue with this needs their head examined. I can't believe 184 (OK, 185) posts have been devoted to this. OK, actually I can believe it. It's just sad, that's all. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got to love Mark Cuban:

He posted some of the e-mails received regarding Josh Howard

[url]http://blogmaverick.com/2008/09/18/thanks-for-the-advice-on-josh/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never sang along with the national anthem. That song is ghey. I prefer Slayer, Pantera or Metallica. I don't have to sing along because I pay for my patriotism. Freedom isn't free. The charges are itemized on my pay stub every week. I usually take a piss during the Star Spangled Banner.

Gotta love the feigned outrage...probably from a bunch of people that don't even know all the words.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahah!

I would stand for THIS -

[IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIr-S6mwFk&feature=related[/IMG]

flushingjet
    [quote=JetsFan24;2758872]Oh, you mean when 12 civilians orchestrated a hideous crime on US civilians? The only time my freedoms were threatened because of that was when people like yourself chastised anyone who questioned the Bush administration and it's oppressive policies in the aftermath.[/quote]

If those people were "civilians" or "civil" you're a "patriot".

Why not let's roll back all the unconstitutional privileges and benefits bestowed on folks by government purely due to their gender race creed etc. and see how much this country doesn't do for any group of society's "victims" then.

flushingjet
    [quote=JetsFan24;2758942]Amazing that it took them until 1994 to start attacking us then. Maybe you should read a few yourself.[/quote]

[URL]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/barbary.htm[/URL]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2759520]I've never sang along with the national anthem. That song is ghey. I prefer Slayer, Pantera or Metallica. I don't have to sing along because I pay for my patriotism. Freedom isn't free. The charges are itemized on my pay stub every week. I usually take a piss during the Star Spangled Banner.

Gotta love the feigned outrage...probably from a bunch of people that don't even know all the words.[/QUOTE]

So the anthem and Metallica have something in common.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;2759451]what are your feelings on ali's political stance that stripped him of his belt "frank."[/QUOTE]

As a Nam combat vet, I can honestly say I don't feel sorry for the shape he's in. You do realize that some poor slob out of Louisville, KY had to take his place in the draft...more than likely some black kid from the ghetto. Maybe that kid that took his place in the draft is on the famous "Wall" in Washington...Ali can go **** himself. Next.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2759461]Well, JFK really spearheaded the entire Civil Rights movement, for one. And since then strides have been made in all avenues to "equal the playing field," so to speak.[/QUOTE]

I believe RFK is who you are referring to.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2760395]I believe RFK is who you are referring to.[/QUOTE]

You're right. How embarrassing. :O

Thanks for the correction.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/spiritofweeb/obamafans.png[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb;2760456][IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/spiritofweeb/obamafans.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Your signature speaks volumes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really you were in Nam? Wow, I never knew that, were you drafted or did you volunteer?

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2760049]As a Nam combat vet, I can honestly say I don't feel sorry for the shape he's in. You do realize that some poor slob out of Louisville, KY had to take his place in the draft...more than likely some black kid from the ghetto. Maybe that kid that took his place in the draft is on the famous "Wall" in Washington...Ali can go **** himself. Next.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2760049]As a Nam combat vet, I can honestly say I don't feel sorry for the shape he's in. You do realize that some poor slob out of Louisville, KY had to take his place in the draft...more than likely some black kid from the ghetto. Maybe that kid that took his place in the draft is on the famous "Wall" in Washington...Ali can go **** himself. Next.[/QUOTE]

Can't imagine what combat must be like.
    WOuldn't it be great if the real owners of the country
    had to go and fight instead of the subjects?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2760536]Really you were in Nam? Wow, I never knew that, were you drafted or did you volunteer?[/QUOTE]

You know damn well I was in Nam...if this is your attempt on some backside humor, I don't find it funny at all. Drafted if you must know and I came from an upper middle class family in Westcherster NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lighten up Francis. I volunteered.
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2760655]You know damn well I was in Nam...if this is your attempt on some backside humor, I don't find it funny at all. Drafted if you must know and I came from an upper middle class family in Westcherster NY.[/QUOTE]