Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mavs howard:i'm black.

Bewildered Beast
    WTF is so bad about running your camps, versus playing for USA Basketball? I can't blame him for feeling conflicted; that is, if he's not just another idiot running his mouth for effect.

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2758831]When was the last time we were invaded by a force threatening to take away our free speech? The national anthem isn't designed to say thank you to the troops, it's designed to foster conformity and nationalism. I'll take a pass, from the comfort of my suburban home (whatever that means).[/QUOTE]

Wow, another idiot. Do you guys all hang out together or what? How the **** do you begin to tell me what the flag or national anthem means to me? Tell me...how? I see faces on that flag...you wouldn't understand would you!

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2758834]WTF is so bad about running your camps, versus playing for USA Basketball? I can't blame him for feeling conflicted; that is, if he's not just another idiot running his mouth for effect.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he thought about youtube and all that stuff, he just blurted it out. It's easy for people to get outraged about that stuff but I guarantee that's how many African Americans feel. It's hard to feel overly patriotic when you haven't exactly benefited from your country. And before someone says, "hasn't benefited? he's a millionaire athlete!" I guarantee you that the vast majority of his friends and family are close to impoverished. So he's saying it from the "safety" of lower class America.

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2758839]Wow, another idiot. Do you guys all hang out together or what? How the **** do you begin to tell me what the flag or national anthem means to me? Tell me...how? I see faces on that flag...you wouldn't understand would you![/QUOTE]

I don't care what it means to you, I just said what it is designed for. Look at how quick you are to ostracize people who don't want to conform to that mold, you resort to name calling. And there's medication you can take to stop seeing those faces.

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2758846]I don't care what it means to you, I just said what it is designed for. Look at how quick you are to ostracize people who don't want to conform to that mold, you resort to name calling. And there's medication you can take to stop seeing those faces.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you're already heavily medicated...

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire (sort of)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Scoops;2758850]“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire (sort of)[/QUOTE]

Scoops!

Got any inside info for us? ;)

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2758848]Sounds to me like you're already heavily medicated...[/QUOTE]

Case in point.

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2758852]Case in point.[/QUOTE]

Yep...you are definitely ****ed up. The kind of medication I'm glad I don't need.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2758831]When was the last time we were invaded by a force threatening to take away our free speech? The national anthem isn't designed to say thank you to the troops, it's designed to foster conformity and nationalism. I'll take a pass, from the comfort of my suburban home (whatever that means).[/QUOTE]

And us Vets would fight to the death that you always have that right to sit in the comfort of your home...Too bad it's not a 2 way street..:(

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2758831]When was the last time we were invaded by a force threatening to take away our free speech? [/QUOTE]

9/11/01

Read much?

Jets Insider VIP
    NIGHT STALKER, I feel compelled to tell you that I stand up in my office and salute your signature every time I see it!

:D

[QUOTE=Gagoots;2758735]Screw thew national anthem.
    Doesn't mean anything.
    Its childish crap.[/QUOTE]

you're such a piece of ****. get the f... out of the US.

[QUOTE=Savage69;2758858]And us Vets would fight to the death that you always have that right to sit in the comfort of your home...Too bad it's not a 2 way street..:([/QUOTE]

I would fight to the death if I thought the right to sit in the comfort of my home was being threatened, but it hasn't. The danger in your mindset is that there can never be an unjust war because to call into question the justification for war is to call into question the troops. So I'm not going to be bullied into lying about these wars to make everyone feel rosey. War is a waste and every soldier's life that was lost in a war since WWII was wasted. If that offends you I apologize, but I'd rather offend you than play along with the politicians who exploit the respect people have towards the intentions of the troops.
    Last edited by JetsFan24; 09-18-2008 at 07:26 PM.

[QUOTE=32green;2758859]9/11/01

Read much?[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean when 12 civilians orchestrated a hideous crime on US civilians? The only time my freedoms were threatened because of that was when people like yourself chastised anyone who questioned the Bush administration and it's oppressive policies in the aftermath.
    Last edited by JetsFan24; 09-18-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;2758859]9/11/01

Read much?[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised he missed it.

It was in all the papers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2758872]Oh, you mean when 12 civilians orchestrated a hideous crime on US civilians? The only time my freedoms were threatened because of that was when people like yourself chastised anyone who questioned the Bush administration and it's oppressive policies.[/QUOTE]

Read up on the "civilians" that orchestrated that massacre, junior.

There's hundreds of thousands of them out there right now, plotting our demise.

I dont have time to build an adult from the ground up. Open a book or google it.

[QUOTE=32green;2758882]Read up on the "civilians" that orchestrated that massacre, junior.

There's hundreds of thousands of them out there right now, plotting our demise.[/quote]

I wonder why that is.

[quote]I dont have time to build an adult from the ground up. Open a book or google it.[/QUOTE]

Hollow condescension? I see the lynchmob is out in full force.

[QUOTE=stagman;2758864]you're such a piece of ****. get the f... out of the US.[/QUOTE]

Screw thew national anthem.
    Doesn't mean anything.
    Its childish crap.

[QUOTE=32green;2758798]Even if you detest the current administration, please consider that folks a lot less blessed than you spilled blood and gave their lives to ensure your right to vomit forth that pseudo-radical blather from behind the anonymity of a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Implicitly conditioned on his never actually exercising said right, of course.