Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: mavs howard:i'm black.

[QUOTE=Illinois Jets Fan;2759176]How about this one? (chorus in italics)

That's the French National Anthem, La Marseillaise. Here's the translation:

Yes, the terribly war-hawkish nation of France has a national anthem that is 1000% more bloody and propagandizing than ours.[/QUOTE]

Do they make everyone stand up and sing it at every sporting and political event? (here's a hint: the answer is no)

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2759180]And you're able to live free because of why again? Of course not by the sacrifices of our military...no, not that. So tell me, why are you able to live free in these United States?[/QUOTE]

As I said before, the last time our freedom was actually threatened was WWII. Why are the Swedish free? How about the Canadians? (here's where you resort to telling me to go live there). Like I said, with your mentality every war is automatically justified because we 'wouldn't have freedom' without them. And if we question our foreign policy, it's the same as spitting on the troops. Yep, no problems with that logic:rolleyes:

If you don't like getting off your fat, lazy ass during the national anthem, fine; I think the bigger issue here is the inherent racism in what he said. "I'm black, the anthem doesn't apply to me." Wtf does that even mean?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2759190]If you don't like getting off your fat, lazy ass during the national anthem, fine; I think the bigger issue here is the inherent racism in what he said. "I'm black, the anthem doesn't apply to me." Wtf does that even mean?[/QUOTE]

It means he doesn't feel patriotic as a black man because this country hasn't done jack **** for blacks. I don't see where fat and lazy comes into it but if it helps you undermine the point, go for it.

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2759190]If you don't like getting off your fat, lazy ass during the national anthem, fine; I think the bigger issue here is the inherent racism in what he said. "I'm black, the anthem doesn't apply to me." [B]Wtf does that even mean?[/B][/QUOTE]
    you sir are [B]clearly[/B] not a black man...

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2759188]As I said before, the last time our freedom was actually threatened was WWII. Why are the Swedish free? How about the Canadians? (here's where you resort to telling me to go live there). Like I said, with your mentality every war is automatically justified because we 'wouldn't have freedom' without them. And if we question our foreign policy, it's the same as spitting on the troops. Yep, no problems with that logic:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You show your ignorance with every post. It doesn't make a difference if our military is fighting wars you don't agree with...it doesn't make a difference if we're fighting wars or not. Just the mere fact that we have a military to protect your sorry ass is the reason why you get to enjoy your life.

Thank god I've raised my two children to understand what the price of freedom is all about...how long do you think this country would exist without a military?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;2759183]Do they make everyone stand up and sing it at every sporting and political event? (here's a hint: the answer is no)[/QUOTE]

It's played at most official events, not to mention the Olympics whenever a Frenchman wins a medal. Besides, which statute requires that the national anthem be played in American events?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2759183]Do they make everyone stand up and sing it at every sporting and political event? (here's a hint: the answer is no)[/QUOTE]

Where do they "[I]Make everyone stand up[/I]"? You choose how you handle it on your own, and then bathe in the "freedom of speech" of those who observe it.

If you sit, you can hear my "freedom of speech".

You guys are comical.

[QUOTE=32green;2759093]You can couch your disagreement in in all the flowery rhetoric you want, but this is the reality of Whahabism, who's followers believe that enforcing the belief in their "relative merits of ideas" means the death of Western Civilization.[/QUOTE]

It's not rhetoric, and I'm not couching my disagreement in anything. You are just completely wrong. Free expression isn't implicated every time we go to war with somebody who doesn't believe in it. That we have McDonald's and the Taliban doesn't doesn't mean that the war is being fought over cheeseburgers. We're not at war because they hate our freedom; we're at war because we were violently attacked. The simple fact of the matter is that no American soldier has ever died over anybody's right to say unpopular things, and the way that you guys like to say otherwise every time somebody (in this particular instance, somebody who maybe is not so bright) doesn't want to genuflect to the flag is hilarious.

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;2759200]you sir are [B]clearly[/B] not a black man...[/QUOTE]

I'm not a black man either...so WTF does that mean? How many white folks are lying dead in civil war cemeteries to free the black man? That doesn't count I guess.

All League
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2759202]You show your ignorance with every post. It doesn't make a difference if our military is fighting wars you don't agree with...it doesn't make a difference if we're fighting wars or not. Just the mere fact that we have a military to protect your sorry ass is the reason why you get to enjoy your life.

Thank god I've raised my two children to understand what the price of freedom is all about...how long do you think this country would exist without a military?[/QUOTE]
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="black"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]money[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] rules this country & the world for that matter...

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2759202]You show your ignorance with every post. It doesn't make a difference if our military is fighting wars you don't agree with...it doesn't make a difference if we're fighting wars or not. Just the mere fact that we have a military to protect your sorry ass is the reason why you get to enjoy your life.

Thank god I've raised my two children to understand what the price of freedom is all about...how long do you think this country would exist without a military?[/QUOTE]

When did I say anything about having or not having a military?

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2759212]I'm not a black man either...so WTF does that mean? How many white folks are lying dead in civil war cemeteries to free the black man? That doesn't count I guess.[/QUOTE]

Who were they freeing them from again? So the best thing white america has done for blacks is to not enslave them, those unappreciative bastards!

[QUOTE=32green;2759209]Where do they "[I]Make everyone stand up[/I]"? You choose how you handle it on your own, and then bathe in the "freedom of speech" of those who observe it.

If you sit, you can hear my "freedom of speech".

You guys are comical.[/QUOTE]

I dare you to sit down during the national anthem at the next Jets game and see what those like yourself who are so proud of our freedoms do to you.

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2759216]When did I say anything about having or not having a military?[/QUOTE]

Now, I get it. You're only for a military as long as it keeps your yap and freedom going. You're just not for it when they're in a war you don't agree with...is that about it?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2759190]If you don't like getting off your fat, lazy ass during the national anthem, fine; I think the bigger issue here is the inherent racism in what he said. "I'm black, the anthem doesn't apply to me." Wtf does that even mean?[/QUOTE]

Francis Scott Key owned slaves like everybody else. But isn't it so exasperating that they can't just get over it?

All League
    [QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2759212]I'm not a black man either...so WTF does that mean? How many white folks are lying dead in civil war cemeteries to free the black man? That doesn't count I guess.[/QUOTE]
    the real issue here is we go to war [B]when those who rule over us tell us when to...[/B]

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2759222]Now, I get it. You're only for a military as long as it keeps your yap and freedom going. You're just not for it when they're in a war you don't agree with...is that about it?[/QUOTE]

5 pages later and you finally get it......almost. I'm not against the military when it goes into war, I'm against the war. You can't separate those two things, and that's not a mistake.

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;2759219]Who were they freeing them from again? So the best thing white america has done for blacks is to not enslave them, those unappreciative bastards![/QUOTE]

Yeah bud, white america all had slaves back then. And the poor southern bastards who fought, 98% of them didn't have slaves.

What should "white America" as you call it should be doing for blacks now?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Aten;2759210]The simple fact of the matter is that no American soldier has ever died over anybody's right to say unpopular things[/QUOTE]

I'll leave that statement to hang in the air....re-read your early American History. Its part and parcel of our break from mother England.

This country is unique in the annals of history, whether you hand wringers want to admit it or not.

I feel sorry for you, because warts and all, love of this country [I]and its history [/I]is a gift.

The world is a horrible, violent, tribal mess and we're about as good as its ever going to get, but you guys will be crying until the inevitable end comes, welcoming your captors and becoming shocked, [I][B]shocked[/B][/I], when they pull your hair back for the throat slice, like any other infidel.

lol.