Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Favre stating he could have been on the Pats if he had been more patient.

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dorchester Ma.
    Posts
    1,951

    Favre stating he could have been on the Pats if he had been more patient.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebo...t&lid=tab8pos3


    "On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss."

  2. #2
    This is B.S, anybody could write this crap, let me try:

    Brady admits most men in Boston are ghey:


    "Tom Brady admitted that men from Boston, known as "m*******s", often shield their homosexuality with thick accents and are often ghey."

    see?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dorchester Ma.
    Posts
    1,951
    Don't shoot the messenger.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,086
    Obviously, he could of been on the Pats, what's the point here?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Lol, you really are MACPAC Part Deux.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL by way of Freehold, NJ
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Obviously, he could of been on the Pats, what's the point here?
    +1

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,566
    Shoot the messenger?

    Shoot the fool who thinks there is a point to that quote.

    What's next, Favre admits he wouldn't be a Jet today if he had stayed in retirement?

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    Too late


  9. #9
    And they could have blocked Pollard, but they didn't.

    Could've would've.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebo...t&lid=tab8pos3


    "On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss."
    please note the whole quote...

    "On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss. But Favre told me that one of the reasons he chose not to pursue that option was that there were teams the Packers would not trade him to under any circumstances -- such as the Minnesota Vikings -- and he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other contending teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots."

    reading is fundamental

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,945
    Sorry, you can't have him.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dorchester Ma.
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Shoot the messenger?

    Shoot the fool who thinks there is a point to that quote.

    What's next, Favre admits he wouldn't be a Jet today if he had stayed in retirement?
    This is the "POINT" right here..........


    "he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other CONTENDING teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots."

    Does Favre himself also really believe the New Jersey jets are contenders or is it he came because he had no other choice?

    When you look at him on the Jets sidelines he sure as hell looks like he doesn't want to be there.
    Last edited by Wiggy; 09-19-2008 at 11:22 AM.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dorchester Ma.
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    Sorry, you can't have him.

    Don't want him don't need him and just beat him.

  14. #14
    Isn't this thread against the trolling rules?

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Thats a stupid story. What was he going to go home and wait for a QB on a good AFC team to get injured?

    Seriously think about it. If Eli, Romo, Brees, or any other good NFC QB got hurt the Packers wouldn't have traded him there.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Don't want him don't need him and just beat him.
    Than why obsessed? he's not a free agent and your boy started ok...by his 3rd week, when the league starts to pinpoint what he does weel and what he doesn't do well...we'll see.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    This is the "POINT" right here..........


    "he did not trust that the Green Bay front office would send him to other CONTENDING teams that might lose their starting quarterback to injury such as the Patriots."

    Does Favre himself also really believe the New Jersey jets are contenders or is it he came because he had no other choice?

    When you look at him on the Jets sidelines he sure as hell looks like he doesn't want to be there.
    No, that's your own gas causing your senses to degenerate, which then deters any level of rational thinking forcing you to spin what you should believe with what you want to believe.

    Pats are F#####, and Favre is a Jet.

    Sucks to be you.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebo...t&lid=tab8pos3


    "On another subject, Favre admitted that he realized after Tom Brady's season-ending knee injury that had he followed NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's advice and remained patient instead of forcing the Packers into a preseason trade, he could have been signed to replace Brady and throw touchdown passes to Randy Moss."
    Wrong. He couldn't be signed. He had to be traded.

    Could he also have been signed by the Vikings now that they benched Tavaris Jackson?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-19-2008 at 11:34 AM.

  19. #19
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger.
    He is agreeing in hindsight. Roger Goodell knew nothing about Bernard Pollard before Sept 7th. Someone else made the statement.


    Hit and run troll bastid.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL by way of Freehold, NJ
    Posts
    3,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    When you look at him on the Jets sidelines he sure as hell looks like he doesn't want to be there.
    Did you and WILL_22 get your psychology PhDs at the same place?

    http://jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177071

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us