Thread: Dan Murphy has to Start!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Dan Murphy has to Start!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up Jerry this kid can hit lefties

LETS GO METS!

We Need More offense with Pedro pitching today!

If over the winter this kid learns to play 2B, at a level thats not completely awful, that would be amazing for our future. He automatically becomes a top 10 hitter at 2B if he's moved there.

His OBP is currently 460 and SLG is 560. Obviously he's not going to keep up those stats, that would probably make him the best hitting 2B of all time, but i dont think 390 and 480 is that unreasonable. That puts him right between guys like Pedroia and Kinsler, making him a top 5 hitting 2B.

Ofcourse this is all moot if he cant turn the double play.

eLOT

All Pro

having this disussion in the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    i said it very early this season but Murphy looks like Robin Ventura at the plate and if he keeps progressing the way he is, i can easly see him being a force in the lineup, he actually looks like he has the makings of a great 3 hitter
    I put murphy at 2nd, pick up delgados option, and evans, Fmart, Carp,tatis and maybe another washed up veteran battle it out for left field.

Reyes
    Church
    Wright
    Beltran/Delgado
    Murphy
    Startin LF
    Schnieder/Castro platoon but when castro plays bat him 7th
    pitcher

if Wright RISP hitting doesnt turn around beltran 3 wright 5

who knows there are so many possibilties with this lineup
    It a relativly young lineup the future of it looks great

The bullpen, resigning Ollie and replacing Martinez should be our only concerns this offseason
    and resign Jerry Manual, after what he has done this year he deserves it

Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard JETfan View Post
    Wake up Jerry this kid can hit lefties

LETS GO METS!

We Need More offense with Pedro pitching today!
    He probably can hit Lefties.....but....

A) Nick Evans is just as good, if not better, then what we would expect of Murphy vs Lefties. Evans, of course, is also Right Handed.
    B) Neither Murphy or Evans can probably handle Right Field to give Church a game off. They still make many routine fly balls into an adventure.
    C) Delgado has been hitting Lefties alot better recently.
    D) Are you going to be bold enough to give David Wright a game off with a week left in the season?

Like it or not, Murphy is probably the odd man out against Lefties for the remainder of this season. And that's fine, I love having his bat come off the bench in the crucial moments of the game, like last night.

But luckily for you, the next 5 SP's we face are all Righty, meaning you'll see plenty of Murphy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    He probably can hit Lefties.....but....

A) Nick Evans is just as good, if not better, then what we would expect of Murphy vs Lefties. Evans, of course, is also Right Handed.
    B) Neither Murphy or Evans can probably handle Right Field to give Church a game off. They still make many routine fly balls into an adventure.
    C) Delgado has been hitting Lefties alot better recently.
    D) Are you going to be bold enough to give David Wright a game off with a week left in the season?

Like it or not, Murphy is probably the odd man out against Lefties for the remainder of this season. And that's fine, I love having his bat come off the bench in the crucial moments of the game, like last night.

But luckily for you, the next 5 SP's we face are all Righty, meaning you'll see plenty of Murphy.
    what happened to Matt Wise? is he signed for next year?

Hall Of Fame
    matt wise signed a 1 year deal. he's done as a met.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    matt wise signed a 1 year deal. he's done as a met.
    would of liked to keep register