Thread: Mets 2008 draft.

Hall Of Fame

Mets 2008 draft.

So i took a look at some of the guys we picked up last year playing for the cyclones and here is what i gather.

Holt is blowing people away, Ike Davis and Reese Heavens are doing so so....is that a fair assessment? I really hope Davis comes around and gives us that next great 1B we need.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    So i took a look at some of the guys we picked up last year playing for the cyclones and here is what i gather.

Holt is blowing people away, Ike Davis and Reese Heavens are doing so so....is that a fair assessment? I really hope Davis comes around and gives us that next great 1B we need.
    I'd wait for next year to see how these guys do with a full year of pro ball under their belt.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'd wait for next year to see how these guys do with a full year of pro ball under their belt.
    you are probably right, its encouraging to see Brad Holt strike out 96 in 70IP with a 1.7 era though

Hall Of Fame
    Crazy thing is that Wilmer Flores was considered the second best prospect in his league. The only guy who ranked above him was the #1 overall pick Beckham who he is younger then.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Crazy thing is that Wilmer Flores was considered the second best prospect in his league. The only guy who ranked above him was the #1 overall pick Beckham who he is younger then.
    i konw he is young, but flores is far from ripping it up. Actualy taking a look up and down the cyclones roster noone was really ripping it up

Hall Of Fame
    Havens played well, when he was healthy at least, his main issue was staying on the field, as he was constantly shifting between being on the field and off the field with some ailment. I don't think these injuries should be a long-term problem though.

Davis had a poor debut (Not uncommon to see players struggle to transition to Wood Bats), but was improving towards the end. Hit .310/.394/.379 after the ASB break in their league. Not a lot of power yet, but that'll come.

It's also noteworthy that Brooklyn is a bit of an pitchers park, you really have to crush the ball to hit a Home Run there, no cheapies.

But as Sean said, you really can't even begin to evaluate them until after next season.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i konw he is young, but flores is far from ripping it up. Actualy taking a look up and down the cyclones roster noone was really ripping it up
    Uhh...he was only in Brooklyn for a few games...
    he absolutely SHREDDED the Appalachian league this season

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/F...r-Flores.shtml

.310/.352/.490/.842, 245 ab, 12 2b, 4 3b, 8 hr, 41 rbi, 2 sb, 12 bb/28 k's
    at the age of 16

All Pro
    Holt was a stealllll