Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Electoral Map

The Electoral Map

How is the map going to play out on November 4th?

Here is a website to do the calculation for you.

[url]http://opinionjournal.com/ecc/calculator.htm[/url]

Here is how I can see it play out.

[B]Obama wins:[/B]
    Maine
    Vermont
    New Hampshire
    Massachusetts
    Connecticut
    Rhode Island
    New York
    New Jersey
    Pennsylvania
    Delaware
    Maryland
    Washington D.C.
    Illinois
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Wisconsin
    Washington
    Oregon
    Ohio
    California
    Colorado
    Hawaii
    New Mexico
    [COLOR="Blue"][B]293 Electoral Votes[/B][/COLOR]

[B]McCain wins:[/B]
    Indiana
    West Virginia
    Virginia
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Georgia
    Florida
    Alabama
    Tennessee
    Kentucky
    Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Arkansas
    Missouri
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Nebraska
    Kansas
    Montana
    Idaho
    Utah
    Wyoming
    Nevada
    Arizona
    Alaska
    [B][COLOR="Red"]245 Electoral Votes[/COLOR][/B]

McCain might pull out Ohio, but even if he does, Obama still wins 273-265.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-21-2008 at 05:34 PM.

I'm calling Virginia right now.

Obama wins in a very tight race. NoVA pushes him over McCain.

As Virginia goes, as will go the Nation.

Begun, the Obamunist Revolution, has....

Tyler/Obama voters - please read attached AP-Yahoo/Stanford University poll and tell me what you think. It's pretty recent.

[url]http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20080920/AP.Yahoo.Poll.Obama.Race/[/url]

There's also another poll showing only 44% of American voters saying that Barack Obama is prepared to be President of the USA. The same poll American voters give John McCain 64%. The poll was in USA Today this past week.

These are two very telling polls, IMHO.

Ohio and Pennsylvania are heavily unionized. As are many mid-western states. Unions are heavily involved in the 'get-out-the-vote' operations. Unions like McCain/Palin. I'll find that poll for you if you want but the findings there are similar to the linked poll here.

:jets18

[QUOTE=Warfish;2762608]I'm calling Virginia right now.

Obama wins in a very tight race. NoVA pushes him over McCain.

As Virginia goes, as will go the Nation.

[B]Begun, the Obamunist Revolution, has...[/B].[/QUOTE]

"I don't believe it!"

"That... is why you failed"

[U]Key States Barack Obama Lost To Hillary Clinton:[/U]

Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Nevada.

In Pennsylvania Obama outspent Hillary 3-1 but lost. He way outspent Hillary in other states and still managed to lose.

And the whole time I was watching the Democratic Primaries I'm thinking to myself "Why would anyone in these states ever vote for a carpet bagger, self-centered, say anything to get elected, hated by most members of her own political party, political w***e, Hillary Clinton?"

Yet she won them? Why?

[url]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/zito/s_589297.html[/url]

Last edited by AlbanyJet; 09-21-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Veteran
    lol... this couldn't have gone in the polls thread?:P

But seriously, I'll go out and say that Obama wins 273-265. McCain can't take Pennsylvania but holds on to Virginia, Florida, Ohio, etc. Barack wins by pulling Colorado, NM and Iowa away from the GOP.

The polls have shown this to be a likely scenario and I simply don't think McCain has a shot at grabbing any of the upper Midwest. Pennsylvania has just enough cities to keep it from going right and the election will hinge on Colorado... which has been moving left for years as the entire hippie/stoner population slowly migrates to the rockies.

And I base this on how things have looked to me in the last few months, not just the last week that has been favorable to the Dems or the week before that where things look peachy for the GOP. My personal belief is that McCain will make an impact at the debates and unless he royally screws up he will most definitely receive a bounce from them. That, however, will fade down the stretch and the question will quickly become whether or not he received enough of a boost to grab the presidency.

All League
    Republican wins = confederate states
    Democrat wins = union states

150 years later we're still fighting the Civil War.

Veteran
    It's going to suck if McCain wins Pennsylvania. For the last 7 years we've been teasing my brother who lives there about Bush winning Ohio twice. Payback is a *****.

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2763119]It's going to suck if McCain wins Pennsylvania. For the last 7 years we've been teasing my brother who lives there about Bush winning Ohio twice. Payback is a *****.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Michigan/Florida never had priamries.

Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana - all likely McCain/[U]PALIN[/U] states. Florida to McCain, too.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2763137]Edit: Michigan/Florida never had priamries.

Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana - all likely McCain/[U]PALIN[/U] states. Florida to McCain, too.

:jets18[/QUOTE]

the AA vote in Philly will carry PA. Michigan is also going Blue.

Indiana goes red, Ohio is a true toss up, likely red. Florida goes red.

[QUOTE=bitonti;2763184]the AA vote in Philly will carry PA. Michigan is also going Blue.

Indiana goes red, Ohio is a true toss up, likely red. Florida goes red.[/QUOTE]

I mostly agree, but I'm not so sure about Florida right now -- Palin is a disaster there (especially with older Jews) and when Obama starts running the ads about McCain's previous position on social security -- look out.

Also, AJ, there is no Union that is going to campaign for McCain Palin.

as of a couple of days ago, all indications were mccain is up in ohio, big, and up close in two or three other states.

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2764671]as of a couple of days ago, all indications were mccain is up in ohio, big, and up close in two or three other states.[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.maristpoll.marist.edu/[/url]

[QUOTE][B][SIZE="4"]SUMMARY OF MARIST POLL FINDINGS: [/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE][SIZE="3"][B]MICHIGAN:[/B][/SIZE]

[url]http://www.maristpoll.marist.edu/MIpolls/MI080919.htm[/url]

[B]BARACK OBAMA LEADS JOHN MCCAIN BY 9 PERCENTAGE POINTS IN THE WAKE OF NATION’S ECONOMIC CRISIS:
    [/B]
    In a survey conducted entirely after this week’s economic crisis hit, Senator Barack Obama leads Senator John McCain -- 50% to 41% -- among Michigan’s registered voters.
    [/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]OHIO:[/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://www.maristpoll.marist.edu/OHpolls/OH080919.htm[/url]

[B]IT’S A TOSSUP: [/B]

44% of Ohio’s registered voters say they support Senator Barack Obama -- the same proportion who backs Senator John McCain. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][B][SIZE="3"]PENNSYLVANIA:[/SIZE][/B]

[url]http://www.maristpoll.marist.edu/PApolls/PA080919.htm[/url]

[B]TIGHT RACE...EDGE TO OBAMA:[/B]

45% of Pennsylvania’s registered voters support Barack Obama for president while 42% are behind John McCain. Likely voters in the state give Obama the advantage over McCain -- 49% to 44%.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2764671]as of a couple of days ago, all indications were mccain is up in ohio, big, and up close in two or three other states.[/QUOTE]

the alien will just use polls which further his cause- as though any of this matters now....

[QUOTE=bitonti;2763184]the AA vote in Philly will carry PA. Michigan is also going Blue.

Indiana goes red, Ohio is a true toss up, likely red. Florida goes red.[/QUOTE]

agreed.

Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania will remain blue states...If Ohio and Florida remain red...the election becomes, in my opinion, about Colorado and New Hampshire.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=person;2764690]agreed.

Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania will remain blue states...If Ohio and Florida remain red...the election becomes, in my opinion, about Colorado and New Hampshire.[/QUOTE]

if Florida remains red, which it will, and Ohio remains red, then it comes down to Colorado with no need for NH....

If John McCain can refrain from being an over-aggressive jerk in the debate on Friday night, Obama will lose the debate & election and these polls can be discarded on the floor.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2764685]the alien will just use polls which further his cause- as though any of this matters now....[/QUOTE]

Your pathetic attempt to get under my skin has and will not work. I'm very proud of where I am from, and nothing will change that, and I'm sure you ancestors felt the same. I also grateful to live in this beautiful country and am in currently in the middle of the naturalization process. So piss off.

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2764707]If John McCain can refrain from being an over-aggressive jerk in the debate on Friday night, Obama will lose the debate & election and these polls can be discarded on the floor.

:jets18[/QUOTE]

LOL.. it will be that simple?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2764714]Your pathetic attempt to get under my skin has and will not work. I'm very proud of where I am from, and nothing will change that, and I'm sure you ancestors felt the same. I also grateful to live in this beautiful country and am in currently in the middle of the naturalization process. So piss off.[/QUOTE]

still doesn't answer the issue you use polls spoonfed to you by leftist sites to further your cause and dismiss the majority of other polls...never mind the fact this means jacksh!t at this point....

but please- go on with another meaningless rant...