Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Clinton on Palin's daughter; "I like that little Down syndrome kid"

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2768385]Wow, you libs go to no ends to defend that idiot and his comments...can't wait until Bush says something dumb after his term is over with...after all, [B]as a former 2 term President he has earned that right. [/B][/QUOTE]

don't have to wait for the end of his term to hear something dumb

[QUOTE=bitonti;2768394]don't have to wait for the end of his term to hear something dumb[/QUOTE]

I knew as soon as I posted that, someone would come back with that...but, still the same, he's earned that right using your logic.

[QUOTE=NIGHT STALKER;2768432]I knew as soon as I posted that, someone would come back with that...but, still the same, he's earned that right using your logic.[/QUOTE]

i never said he didn't - i might disagree with the President but he's still the President.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2764633]fine...let me reask: I wonder what the reaction would be is GHB said of 0bama's daughter, "I like that little black kid"??

I don't think this is a big deal- in fact it's kind of humorous imagining clinton say it consdering his southern drawl....

but anyone honest with themselves would agree my point about the double standard is right on....[/QUOTE]

let me get your point here...

Clinton allegedly making this statement turns into a pretend what if using the race card that you're so against???

All Pro
    I saw nothing wrong with what he said.

Maybe people are a bit too sensitive?

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2764549]wonder what the reaction would be if Palin said about 0bama's daughter, "I like that little black kid".....

[url]http://www.amny.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--billclinton-palin0922sep22,0,468089.story[/url][/QUOTE]

Its 2008. Bill Clinton has been out of office for over 8 years.

He, nor his wife, are running in this election.

So no, it is not an equal analogy to compare something Bill Clinton said to a hypothetical Sarah Palin quote.

Stop posting.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2770289]Its 2008. Bill Clinton has been out of office for over 8 years.

He, nor his wife, are running in this election.

So no, it is not an equal analogy to compare something Bill Clinton said to a hypothetical Sarah Palin quote.

Stop posting.[/QUOTE]

your reasoning is pathetic considering people like Trent Lott and others who made off the cuff remarks were not running for election but were grilled for their statements....

you claimed in another post you are in college.... obviously they are not educating you- ask for a refund- you're wasting your money.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Mean Bro Green;2770123]let me get your point here...

Clinton allegedly making this statement turns into a pretend what if using the race card that you're so against???[/QUOTE]

you're as far off my point as many of those picks Farve threw Monday....

RE thread title

i can't believe i missed it the first time but Trig the boy has Down Syndrome not the daughter - unless CBNY is referring to the internet rumor that Palin's daughter is the real mother of Trig...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2770551]RE thread title

i can't believe i missed it the first time but Trig the boy has Down Syndrome not the daughter - unless CBNY is referring to the internet rumor that Palin's daughter is the real mother of Trig...[/QUOTE]

wow...you really got me on that one....and in doing so still fuqed up....

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2770449]your reasoning is pathetic considering people like Trent Lott and others who made off the cuff remarks were not running for election but were grilled for their statements....

you claimed in another post you are in college.... obviously they are not educating you- ask for a refund- you're wasting your money.....[/QUOTE]

Trent Lott was an elected official at the time, and essentially stated that if Strom Thurmond was President instead of Truman, there wouldn't be any racial tensions today.

Bill Clinton said that voters can relate to Sarah Palin because they believe she's one of them.

You're taking a quote out of context to attack Bill Clinton and defending Trent Lott because he thought a candidate who had run on a segregation platform would've been better for race relations.

And don't tell me I'm wasting my money on my education. I'm 22 and I've just defeated you, someone most likely twice my age, in a debate.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2770869]Trent Lott was an elected official at the time, and essentially stated that if Strom Thurmond was President instead of Truman, there wouldn't be any racial tensions today.

Bill Clinton said that voters can relate to Sarah Palin because they believe she's one of them.

You're taking a quote out of context to attack Bill Clinton and defending Trent Lott because he thought a candidate who had run on a segregation platform would've been better for race relations.

And don't tell me I'm wasting my money on my education. I'm 22 and I've just defeated you, someone most likely twice my age, in a debate.[/QUOTE]

I took nothing out of context.....it's just you can't comprehend the simple facts of the matter; if a Republican, in or out of office, made the comments Clinton did they would be grilled to the bone...(see the tepid response hillary clinton's comments about ghandi working at a 7-11 down the road for example)

and in doing so I'm pointing out what a piss-poor job the institution you are attending is doing educating you...when you demand a refund point them to this thread as proof...and in the mean time stop embarrassing yourself...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2770907]I tooknothing out of context, in fact I posted the entire article verbatim with it's source.....it's just you can't comprehend the simple facts of the matter; if a Republican, in or out of office, made the comments Clinton did they would be grilled to the bone...(see the tepid response hillary clinton's comments about ghandi working at a 7-11 down the road for example)

and in doing so I'm pointing out what a piss-poor job the institution you are attending is doing educating you...when you demand a refund point them to this thread as proof...and in the mean time try and stop embarrassing yourself...[/QUOTE]

The title of this thread is exactly taking something out of context for a nice juicy headline.

And your point in this whole thing is to cry "injustice" because your team gets criticized more on racial issues than the other side?

Do you contribute anything to the political forum (I respect your work in the Draft/Main forum) but attack Liberals and cry about how Republicans get a bad rap?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2770925]The title of this thread is exactly taking something out of context for a nice juicy headline.

And your point in this whole thing is to cry "injustice" because your team gets criticized more on racial issues than the other side?

Do you contribute anything to the political forum (I respect your work in the Draft/Main forum) but attack Liberals and cry about how Republicans get a bad rap?[/QUOTE]

wow...I mean how dense are you????

the title of the thread was an exact quote from bubba.....the racial issue was just one example I used of the zillions of double standards when comments are made by politicians...most reasonable and honest people will admit to this- it's understandable you don't (and btw- judging by the few football posts of yours I've read it doesn't get any better on those forums either)....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-24-2008 at 06:04 PM.

[QUOTE] wow...I mean how dense are you????
    the title of the thread was an exact quote from bubba.....[/QUOTE]

Yea, see, taking things out of context doesn't mean those things weren't said. That's called making sh*t up. Taking things out of context means, taking a fraction of a form of communication out of the the total idea in order to use it against that person.

So not only are you a partisan hack, you actually don't even understand what "taking things out of context" means.

[QUOTE]the racial issue was just one example I used of the zillions of double standards when comments are made by politicians...[/QUOTE]

Well you used a horrible example.

Bill Clinton in this instance, in context, was referring to why Americans like Sarah Palin.

Trent Lott in this instance, in context, said a candidate who ran on a segregation platform would have been better for race relations in this country rather than Harry Truman who favored desegregation.

[QUOTE]most reasonable and honest people will admit to this- it's understandable you don't (and btw- judging by the few football posts of yours I've read it isn't any better on those forums either)....[/QUOTE]

And finally, to top it all off, you're a petty a$$hole to boot.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

back for more....

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2770969]Yea, see, taking things out of context doesn't mean those things weren't said. That's called making sh*t up. Taking things out of context means, taking a fraction of a form of communication out of the the total idea in order to use it against that person.

So not only are you a partisan hack, you actually don't even understand what "taking things out of context" means.[/QUOTE]

you seem to like to accuse people of "taking things out of context"- I saw you do it to ham in another thread and it is obvious you have a reading deficiency as nothing was taken out of context in that thread as it isn't here.....

either through willful ignorance or the fact you are simply uniformed you cannot be honest with yourself and admit had a Republican made those off the cuff statements the press would've been jumped all over them for being insensitive, etc....simple fact...

[QUOTE]
    Well you used a horrible example.

Bill Clinton in this instance, in context, was referring to why Americans like Sarah Palin.

Trent Lott in this instance, in context, said a candidate who ran on a segregation platform would have been better for race relations in this country rather than Harry Truman who favored desegregation. [/QUOTE]

funny- you point the finger at me for "taking things out of context" yet in repeating what Lott said in jest you do the same exact thing....hysterical...

[QUOTE]]And finally, to top it all off, you're a petty a$$hole to boot.[/QUOTE]

yes- the child who likes to flame gets burned when the fire is thrown back in her direction....

[QUOTE]back for more....

you seem to like to accuse people of "taking things out of context"- I saw you do it to ham in another thread and it is obvious you have a reading deficiency as nothing was taken out of context in that thread as it isn't here.....[/QUOTE]

Prove it. Show the entire quote of what I said and explain exactly how I was taking what Ham said out of context.

[QUOTE]either through willful ignorance or the fact you are simply uniformed you cannot be honest with yourself and admit had a Republican made those off the cuff statements the press would've been jumped all over them for being insensitive, etc....simple fact...

funny- you point the finger at me for "taking things out of context" yet in repeating what Lott said in jest you do the same exact thing....hysterical...

[/QUOTE]

Here is why Trent Lott's words were criticized:

[QUOTE]Tremendous political controversy ensued following remarks Lott made on December 5, 2002 at the 100th birthday party of Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. Thurmond ran for President of the United States in 1948 on the Dixiecrat (or States' Rights) ticket. Lott said: "When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We’re proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either."

Thurmond had based his presidential campaign largely on an explicit racial segregation platform. Lott had attracted controversy before in issues relating to civil rights. As a Congressman, he voted against renewal of the Voting Rights Act, voted against the continuation of the Civil Rights Act and opposed the Martin Luther King Holiday.[citation needed] The Washington Post reported that Lott had made similar comments about Thurmond's candidacy in a 1980 rally.[12] Lott gave an interview with Black Entertainment Television explaining himself and repudiating Thurmond's former views.[13]
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Lott[/url]

[QUOTE]
    yes- the child who likes to flame gets burned when the fire is thrown back in her direction....
    [/QUOTE]

Child huh? Alright.

Seriously you're going to call me a child after I said I respect your football knowledge and you said the above and this:

[QUOTE]
    most reasonable and honest people will admit to this- it's understandable you don't (and btw- judging by the few football posts of yours I've read it isn't any better on those forums either)[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2771025]Prove it. Show the entire quote of what I said and explain exactly how I was taking what Ham said out of context.[/QUOTE]

#114- in fact you were called out specifically for taking his words out of context...

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2770910#post2770910[/url]

[QUOTE]Here is why Trent Lott's words were criticized:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Lott[/url]

:[/QUOTE]

so all you can come up with on the Trent Lott statement is a wiki reference???? did you ever see the "context" of Lott's statement??? are you aware of how the entire event became a controversy??? (which only adds to reasoning behind my initial post- the double standard of the press)....

I'll assume the answer to both questions is a flat out NO....

[QUOTE]Child huh? Alright.

Seriously you're going to call me a child after I said I respect your football knowledge and you said the above and this[/QUOTE]

no different then the tone of every single one of your posts towards me in this thread now, is it??? amazing how the libs get their panty's in a bunch when treated the same way they subject others...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-24-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Veteran
    Is it just me, or is this thread completely worthless? As usual.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2771144]#114- in fact you were called out specifically for taking his words out of context...

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2770910#post2770910[/url]

so all you can come up with on the Trent Lott statement is a wiki reference???? did you ever see the "context" of Lott's statement??? are you aware of how the entire event became a controversy??? (which only adds to reasoning behind my initial post- the double standard of the press)....

I'll assume the answer to both questions is a flat out NO....

no different then the tone of every single one of your posts towards me in this thread now, is it??? amazing how the libs get their panty's in a bunch when treated the same way they subject others...[/QUOTE]

Here is what I said:

[QUOTE]Yes, and I said if Obama is lying, I will no longer support him.

But you haven't offered any proof of that. The only thing you have offered is his middle name and his absentee father.

If he was proven to be a Muslim and feigning Christianity for political office, than yes, that would be a deal breaker for most Americans.

But to insinuate that he's too dangerous to be elected because he might be a Muslim without offering any evidence is downright wrong.

[B]Now I'm not saying that's your intention here, I give you the benefit of the doubt. You are an intelligent, reasonable poster. But you cannot fault many of us in this thread for thinking that after seeing your posts in this thread.[/B][/QUOTE]

Here is what Ham said:

[QUOTE][B]Well if that's what people are reading into it then they are either not listening to what I'm saying or intentionally taking it out of context, because I've said over and over that I am not making any accusations here[/B], therefore I have nothing to prove, I said I take the man at his word, I'm just asking "WHAT IF", as in what can we do about it {if anything} should this situation unfold?

That's all its been from the very beginning, that simple hypotehetical question[/QUOTE]

I didn't take anything out of context. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but told him, reasonably I might add, that it's not illogical from his initial post to believe that he's worried Obama is a secret jihadist Muslim.

And I'm not a "liberal" for your information. I'm a registered independent. My problem with you is not your political beliefs, we probably agree on many of them. But your tactics are disingenuous. Rarely, if ever, have I seen you actually debate an issue. Instead you attack people who think differently than you and blame anyone but your own party for every problem.