Thread: The Official Eric Mangini is on the HOTSEAT thread

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

The Official Eric Mangini is on the HOTSEAT thread

If I am Woody Johnson, I am making calls to Bill Cowher right now.

An onsides kick after a great special teams run back?
    No pressure last week on Cassel?
    Bending to the pressure of the NY media to open up the playbook when your QB and WRs still aren't on the same page?

It is amatuer hour out there folks, it is time has almost come to an end.

Bring in Cowher - he is a 3-4 coach and will get this team on the right track next year. Mangini is in over his head, simple as that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Panic.

Dump!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that's why no one puts you in charge of an NFL team.

Give it up people. Mangini is not getting fired, no matter how hard you want it. Its just the facts.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    38-14

Way to start the half.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    And that's why no one puts you in charge of an NFL team.

Give it up people. Mangini is not getting fired, no matter how hard you want it. Its just the facts.
    And it is that type of thinking that keeps the Jets franchise at 40 years and counting...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree While the Jets will keep Mangini I believe that he should be on the hot seat lets look at the facts. first his refusal to switch back to the 4-3 defense its obvious the 3-4 isnt working the Jets do not have the depth or personel to play the 3-4 look at what happen once Jenkins left the game. Manginis inability to have this team prepared to play and a horrible game plan. With this said the Jets spent 175 million on good players only to look like this on national TV is an embarrassment. if the Jets miss the playoffs I feel Mangini must go he had 3 years to rebuild this team got everything he needed this year to field a decent team that is better than this. I would wait of course to the end of the year before making a decision Mangini does deserve to finish this year out before being thrown into the fire. Maybe he can turn it around but if he cant then he should be held accountable.