Thread: o/t-NY MEt 2008 Chokerino

All League

o/t-NY MEt 2008 Chokerino

The 2008 Mets will not make the playoffs (Duh!). They will collapse again as they did last year. They remind me of a car that had been in a head on collision and is driven home and barely makes it before all of the parts come falling off.

Can anyone recall a team that gave up 2 grand slam HR's to opposing pitchers in one season? That be the 2008 NY Mets.

Mets=Must End the Suffering

Hall Of Fame
    We are choking, sure are but we still have a lead in the WC. We control our destiny.

Hall Of Fame
    Either way...win or not...this team needs to get re-evaluated....2 collapses like this 2 years in a row is just crazy....heads must roll.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Either way...win or not...this team needs to get re-evaluated....2 collapses like this 2 years in a row is just crazy....heads must roll.
    This time is not the team not playing hard.

They have a tremendous run differential in the first 3 innings and the worst in the league after that.

The bullpen is atrocious obviously. I heard a stat in the car today that if games ended after 6 innings, the Mets would be 11 games better than the Phillies and 5 if they ended after 8 innings. Thats unfathomable.

That being said, last year I knew if they snuck it in it would be over quick. But if Maine helps the pen and they do get in I wouldn't want to face them.

All League
    I hope this kid isn't a Yankee fan.

All League
    LETS GO METS !!

I hope they bring back Manuel regardless of the outcome.

If we miss the playoffs, Minaya needs to be fired. Even if we make it, I'd like to see him get fired. He completely wrecked the bullpen which was iffy last year and turned it into the atrocity it is this year.

I don't want to see us go after 1 positional player in the off season, we better get all pitchers starting w/ K-Rod.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    The 2008 Mets will not make the playoffs (Duh!). They will collapse again as they did last year. They remind me of a car that had been in a head on collision and is driven home and barely makes it before all of the parts come falling off.

Can anyone recall a team that gave up 2 grand slam HR's to opposing pitchers in one season? That be the 2008 NY Mets.

Mets=Must End the Suffering
    Does Jets = Just End the Suffering ??

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I don't understand why people call this year a collapse...?
    It wasn't a collapse at all, in fact we were DOWN most of the season, roared back in late july-early september, and hit a rough patch for a couple weeks here in mid-september, it happens, its baseball. It wasn't a collapse, losing a 3 game lead is not a collapse and I don't understand why the idiots in the media keep calling it that.