Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: pitching matchups not in Mets favor tonight

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shaolin
    Posts
    6,538

    pitching matchups not in Mets favor tonight

    Meyers vs Reyes

    Ollie vs Zambrano

    Sabathia vs Maholm

    With Brewers walkoff last night this is a must win game and odds are not in our favor

    We need Ollie to outpitch zambrano and go atleast 7

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Zambrano got obliterated the last game he pitched. Hopefully the Mets can do the same.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shaolin
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Zambrano got obliterated the last game he pitched. Hopefully the Mets can do the same.
    That makes it even worse, what are the chances a guy of Zambranos calibur has 2 bad outings in a row

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    That makes it even worse, what are the chances a guy of Zambranos calibur has 2 bad outings in a row
    I think its a pitchers duel game going down to the wire, I could see a 3-2 win for either side. Somehow thought I just have a feeling that the Mets will take care of Zambrano tonight...don't know why.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Did i hear somewhere that Lou would only leave his starters in for 5 innings?

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Did i hear somewhere that Lou would only leave his starters in for 5 innings?
    Zambrano and Harden have something like 5 innings or 75 pitches.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Zambrano and Harden have something like 5 innings or 75 pitches.
    Sweet, i hope we work the count early in the game.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,141
    I love Ollie when he throws in these situations. Sure he is unpredictable and can just give up the game early but in his career as a Met who over that period of a little over 2 years has pitched better in big games?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shaolin
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I love Ollie when he throws in these situations. Sure he is unpredictable and can just give up the game early but in his career as a Met who over that period of a little over 2 years has pitched better in big games?
    Santana

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us