Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racial/Ethnic voting

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Racial/Ethnic voting

I'm voting for McCain. He's Irish, I'm part Irish, so I have to vote for him. He' s also white, and I'm white.

Am I racist, or proud of my ethnicity/race?

If I don't vote for him because his family probably comes from Northern Ireland and I"m a big republican (pun intended), does that make me racist?

Discuss.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2770475]I'm voting for McCain. He's Irish, I'm part Irish, so I have to vote for him. He' s also white, and I'm white.

If I don't vote for him because his family probably comes from Northern Ireland and I"m a big republican (pun intended), does that make me racist?

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who does in fact call you racist, just forward them a copy of this article:

[url]http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid48314.asp[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have a large johnson so im voting Obama ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't say you are. If you say I hate blacks and that's why I'm voting for McCain then you'd be a racist. If there were ever a Chilean up for the American presidency damn straight I'd vote for him :)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2770475]I'm voting for McCain. He's Irish, I'm part Irish, so I have to vote for him. He' s also white, and I'm white.

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

According to Queens Jets Fan, it's not racist at all.

[QUOTE]Does that make this vote racist? I argue not. Pride in voting for one's ethnic group is not the same as voting against somebody because of their ethnic or racial identity.[/QUOTE]

So as long as you are voting because he is of your ethnic group and skin tone, then you're golden in the QJF world.

The QJF Stamp of Approval is Granted!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2770494]i am a large johnson so im voting Obama ;)[/QUOTE]

fixed.....

face it...if you hate everyone of 0bama's positions yet still vote against him you are racist because it comes down to the color of his skin....

if you voted against Michael Steele, or Lynn Swann, because you were against their positions that's democracy......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2770512]fixed.....
    [/QUOTE]

Damn you and your speed posting! :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2770508]According to Queens Jets Fan, it's not racist at all.

So as long as you are voting because he is of your ethnic group and skin tone, then you're golden in the QJF world.

The QJF Stamp of Approval is Granted![/QUOTE]

And your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [/QUOTE]

jeez, the level of bile in this forum has risen so high i can't even make jokes without someone taking a crap

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

face it...if you hate everyone of 0bama's positions yet still vote against him you are racist because it comes down to the color of his skin....[/QUOTE]

Huh? If you hate every position a candidate has why wouldn't you vote against him? :huh:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2770526]And your thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Why do I need to have thoughts?:huh:

My Big Government Liberal Friends like QJF will think for me. After all, they are generally more intelligent, and more informed, than I am.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2770676]Why do I need to have thoughts?:huh:

My Big Government Liberal Friends like QJF will think for me. After all, they are generally more intelligent, and more informed, than I am.[/QUOTE]

Are you feeling inferior about your choice of college? If you vote Obama, you can be in the cool (and smart) club too! ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2771134]Are you feeling inferior about your choice of college? If you vote Obama, you can be in the cool (and smart) club too! ;)[/QUOTE]

Nothing to "feel" Inferior about. It simple WAS Inferior. No doubts or feelings about it.

If voting Obama is what makes one cool, then I will remain the uncool I have always been, but thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

face it...if you hate everyone of 0bama's positions yet still vote against him you are racist because it comes down to the color of his skin....

if you voted against Michael Steele, or Lynn Swann, because you were against their positions that's democracy......[/QUOTE]
    obama on an ace of spades playing card.

[B]veeeeeery[/B] subtle...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what the big deal is over all the black voters flocking to Obama, do they not heavily vote Democratic anyway? Clinton was the 1st black president, wasn't he?

Obviously Obama gives some blacks more of a reason to vote than if it was a white Democratic candidate, but I don't see how you can complain about voter turnout.

Oh and I'm an Irish Catholic from Belfast, and John McCain sucks.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-24-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2771372]I don't see what the big deal is over all the black voters flocking to Obama, do they not heavily vote Democratic anyway? Clinton was the 1st black president, wasn't he?[/QUOTE]

They're bitter. They're bitter, cranky, menstrual, etc.

Their POW, ultra-fantastic, patrio-tastic war candidate is going to lose to some black dude with a muslim name whose only accomplishment is giving a good speech and saying "change" alot. It just goes to show what a pathetic, sad, feeble candidate Senator McGeritol was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2771372]I don't see what the big deal is over all the black voters flocking to Obama, do they not heavily vote Democratic anyway? Clinton was the 1st black president, wasn't he?

Obviously Obama gives some blacks more of a reason to vote than if it was a white Democratic candidate, but I don't see how you can complain about voter turnout.

Oh and I'm an Irish Catholic from Belfast, and John McCain sucks.[/QUOTE]

You quoted me and then didn't answer. This thread is about ME. Read it again and answer. Thank you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2771695]They're bitter. They're bitter, cranky, menstrual, etc.

Their POW, ultra-fantastic, patrio-tastic war candidate is going to lose to some black dude with a muslim name whose only accomplishment is giving a good speech and saying "change" alot. It just goes to show what a pathetic, sad, feeble candidate Senator McGeritol was.[/QUOTE]

Don't be schmucky in my thread. Reply to the original questions or go play somewhere else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2770508]According to Queens Jets Fan, it's not racist at all.

The QJF Stamp of Approval is Granted![/QUOTE]
    Well stated. You can give my seal of approval anytime on this issue. Ethnic pride is not racism. Now if I said I hate the Irish and I'm not voting for McCain because he has Irish blood that would be.

Seriously this is an easy issue. It's all logical.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2771873]Well stated. You can give my seal of approval anytime on this issue. Ethnic pride is not racism. Now if I said I hate the Irish and I'm not voting for McCain because he has Irish blood that would be.

Seriously this is an easy issue. It's all logical.[/QUOTE]

So if I said:

"Wow, I was undecided before. But since I have racial and ethnic pride, I will vote for the candidate that shares my race and ethnicity, John McCain!"

You agree 100% with that as "logical".

Great! Thanks for the seal of approval.;)