Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question and Thoughts on The Bank Collapse and The Bush Administration

Question and Thoughts on The Bank Collapse and The Bush Administration

Now, to start off, I want everyone to know that I am not a blame Bush guy.

I do not think that the financial crisis we are in is the fault of George W. Bush alone, but I do think that the lack of action or foresight is the fault Bush administrations way of doing business.

Let me explain that:

To me, this administration has a policy of talking points, and these talking points trickle down to whoever supports the administration publicly and privately, from right wing pundits and journalists to the blogger at home and the staunch Republican voter.

To me, that policy of talking points was to never ever acknowledge a negative. Never tell the American public anything that could cause them to lose faith in this administration. Tell them the war is fine. Tell them the economy is strong. Tell them there will be no recession.

I refuse to believe that this is an administration of idiots who can't get anything done, but rather an administration of nationalist sycophants mainly concerned with the party war between left and right. Where every action and word spoken was to ensure that the Americans knew who was on their side and who wasn't. With the intent of making the Democrats the boogyman.

Think of this, in March Henry Paulson was extolling the virtues of our economy and how resilient our banks were, now, for all intents and purposes, he is orchestrating the bailout.

Was this something that no one could really foresee? Did we learn nothing from the 90's? Don't all markets die down eventually or cycle down and new ones rise up?

Is he stupid? Or was he towing the party line and philosophy? I tend to think the latter.

On the flip side, anyone who during the last few months spoke about our economy in a negative way was blasted as being a fear-monger, or distorting the facts, or not knowing the facts, or being opportunistic, or simply having "Bush Derangement Syndrome". It came that anyone who talked about the economy or the war in a serious and factual manner was attacked personally and diminished as a credible source.

I am not talking about the leftists or people who only wanted to disenfranchise the country from the Republicans. I am talking about serious and experienced people in these fields.

I feel as though, the answer from the right, on everything, from the war to energy to the economy was sort of, "Everythings fine, move along, nothing to see here..."

Why is that? Why is this administration so guarded? Why do most conservative TV, radio, and newspaper personalities play along? Why do they feel the need to pacify the American public?

I just feel that, if the Bush administration was honest from day one about everything, there would not be such a backlash against George W. Bush.

I think, anyone who is even the most ardent Bush detractor would know that while his administration takes a part of the blame, you can not possibly lie everything in his lap. Even if they won't admit it, they know it.

Even McCain got caught up in this, because I refuse to believe he doesn't know what the fundamentals of the economy are, but I do believe that his campaign follows the thought pattern of the Bush administration...which to me is, the American public does not need to know anything. Economy strong, we must fight evil.

Why dumb down serious topics such as a global offensive against terrorists and the real dangers and pratfalls of taking on such an arduous task? Why this "good and evil" BS? Why can't you tell us when things look grim? Be honest that we are in for a tough fight that is unlike any other we have ever faced?

A disclaimer:

I know that the Democrats and the Far-Left play their own propaganda war, and I know they tow a party line themselves...so please don't waste my time ducating me on how bad the Dems and Libs are...I get it. The thing is, they haven't been in charge for eight years.

Please, if you have issue with my perception, tell me why concerning the Bush administration, not because of Pelosi or Reid or the Daily KOS. Ok?

This thread is about my perception of the Bush Administration and how I feel they are responsible to a degree due to their way of pacifying the nation. Also how this form of politics seems to have spread to McCain's campaign, because I feel when he and Palin say something stupid, it isn't because they are dumb, but because they are micromanaged and over coached with the same political philosophy.

I would love some serious debate on this issue, because this is one of the reasons I find myself leaning left lately, my disgust with the right's stubborn inability to recognize serious issues within our country.

sycophants??? what does that mean?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2770880]sycophants??? what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

Distant cousin to elephants I think. But I forget my biology classifications from grade school.

I used to be a pretty conservative kid, but Bush killed that in me. I'm 25. I would have voted for GWB in his first term, and voted for Kerry in 2004.

Bush is going to "kill" a whole generation of conservative people. Mush like Carter ruined the Democrats for a generation, Bush is doing the same.

The sad thing is, that I think my generation was a pretty conservative generation prior to this. We're not out there burning bras or other radical things. But we're fighting two wars for our country, we're being asked to shoulder an enormous debt responsibility with no possible hope of repayment and we're pissed off.

I'm 25. I have no chance in hell of seeing a Social Security check. Every year, when I get my little statement shoeing how much I've paid into the SSA, I laugh. That's money I'm never going to see. In 20 years, I'm going to be taxed out the @$$ paying off every mistake in this ****ed up administration. So you'll excuse me if I don't have pity for those who have had a low tax rate for 8 years and STILL found a way to double the debt on this country. Great job, Baby Boomers. If your parents were, "The Greatest Generation", you've got to be the worst.

Bush accelerated the [U]inevitable [/U]collapse of the US economy. It has been coming since 1971 when we began the Bretton Woods II monetary system which made the Dollar the world's reserve currency.
    Since then we have been buying goods from foreign nations and giving them paper dollars in return which have no backing. We produce nothing of real value, just paper.
    Throughout the 90s banks and insurance companies began making fraudulent derivatives and the Federal Reserve looked the other way despite warnings from intelligent people. Now the $60 trillion derivatives market has blown up (as the pyramid of credit always collapses inward) and all the fraud has been exposed. In 2001 the Fed lowered interest rates to 1% and Congress passed laws that gave a mortgage to just about anyone. This caused a massive increased in the money supply and created the most malinvestment in human history.

Talk about a perfect storm of disaster...THIS IS IT

Now nations will diversify out of the dollar and it will spawn a new world economic order. The excess dollars around the world will make their way back in the US and cause pretty serious inflation.

Sadly, there will probably be no middle class in America in 20 years maximum, as inflation is the most stratifying economic force.

All paper currencies will be issued in massive amounts to keep the world economy propped up and there will be a race to the bottom for these paper currencies. Buy gold.

Years down the road the globalists who invited this crisis with their ignorance will try to convince us that a North American currency (US, Canada, Mexico) is the solution.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 09-24-2008 at 06:00 PM.

People have forseen this coming for some time.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2770937]People have forseen this coming for some time.[/QUOTE]

did the people in charge?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2770909]Distant cousin to elephants I think. But I forget my biology classifications from grade school.[/QUOTE]ah ha....

[QUOTE=piney;2770943]did the people in charge?[/QUOTE]

The Rockefellers and Bushes knew, no doubt. Their long-term goal is to let the dollar collapse, not save it, and have international currencies.

Those who understand free-market economics (Austrian school of economics) knew it was coming for years also.

[QUOTE=piney;2770943]did the people in charge?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Who's the current chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs?

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2770947]Their long-term goal is to let the dollar collapse, not save it, and have international currencies.[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh, what?

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2770950]Uhhhh, what?[/QUOTE]

New World Order, my friend

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2770948]I don't know. Who's the current chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs?[/QUOTE]

I don't know.....

will have to look it up and check it out..

again, I just feel anyone who did say, "uh-oh" was called a "cheerleader for American failure"

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2770952]New World Order, my friend[/QUOTE]

Oh, brother. You've been watching too many bad movies.

[QUOTE=piney;2770955]I don't know.....

will have to look it up and check it out..

again, I just feel anyone who did say, "uh-oh" was called a "cheerleader for American failure"[/QUOTE]

I'll save you some time -- Christopher Dodd, D.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2770957]Oh, brother. You've been watching too many bad movies.[/QUOTE]

You just have not woken up to the truth. Inflating the dollar into oblivion furthers their long-term goals tremendously.

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2770952]New World Order, my friend[/QUOTE]i agree about the dollar my sycophantic friend,but remember the so called "asia crisis" of a few years ago was cause by a strong dollar.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;2770963]i agree about the dollar my sycophantic friend,but remember the so called "asia crisis" of a few years ago was cause by a strong dollar.[/QUOTE]

And yet, the dollar is no longer strong. A strong dollar served its purpose then, and it serves its purpose now.
    Japan's bubble was burst by the New World Order crowd because Japan was becoming a threat.
    China poses a serious threat to the NWO because they are independent of the NWO. They were kicked out with Mao. The next major war will be China vs. US/Europe

[QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2770968]And yet, the dollar is no longer strong. A strong dollar served its purpose then, and it serves its purpose now.
    Japan's bubble was burst by the New World Order crowd because Japan was becoming a threat.
    China poses a serious threat to the NWO because they are independent of the NWO. They were kicked out with Mao. The next major war will be China vs. US/Europe[/QUOTE]they maxed out pegging to our currency...but i agree with you about the dollar.i think that we should start there.fcuk this bailout.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2770960]I'll save you some time -- Christopher Dodd, D.[/QUOTE]

yeesh..I guess it is all Dodd's fault..

string him up...no one else is to blame..just Dodd...

ugh, this is exactly what my thread was about....

push the message my friend, push the message