Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin Interview #3:

Palin Interview #3:

[QUOTE]COURIC: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

PALIN: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie--that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

COURIC: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

PALIN: He's also known as the maverick though. Taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about--the need to reform government.

[B]COURIC: I'm just going to ask you one more time, not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation?

PALIN: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.[/B][/QUOTE]

It becomes clearer and clearer why she doesn't take questions more often.

I mean, off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure he voted for Sarbanes-Oxley, right?
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 09-24-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What's your point? That Palin should know John McCain's every endeavor in his 26 years in Congress? Hell, Obama was a Senator for a measly 150 days and he and Biden can't seem to get on the same page about anything.

And you wonder "why does the McCain/Palin ticket disdain the press?" Your ridiculous post says it all.

And if it was "off the top of your head," why didn't it appear before your edit? Just sayin'....

[QUOTE=shakin318;2771090]What's your point? That Palin should know John McCain's every endeavor in his 26 years in Congress? Hell, Obama was a Senator for a measly 150 days and he and Biden can't seem to get on the same page about anything.

And you wonder "why does the McCain/Palin ticket disdain the press?" Your ridiculous post says it all.

And if it was "off the top of your head," why didn't it appear before your edit? Just sayin'....[/QUOTE]

Thought of it as soon as I posted and added it.

I am not sure he did vote for it, btw. I assume he did.

[QUOTE=shakin318;2771090]What's your point? That Palin should know John McCain's every endeavor in his 26 years in Congress? Hell, Obama was a Senator for a measly 150 days and he and Biden can't seem to get on the same page about anything.

And if it was "off the top of your head," why didn't it appear before your edit? Just sayin'....[/QUOTE]

As for your first question.

She doesn't have to know his whole record. She has to be able to substantiate claims she makes. She says, over and over, that McCain is going to reform Wall Street. If you rae going to make the claim, you ought to be able to back it up.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2771102]As for your first question.

She doesn't have to know his whole record. She has to be able to substantiate claims she makes. She says, over and over, that McCain is going to reform Wall Street. If you rae going to make the claim, you ought to be able to back it up.[/QUOTE]

Dude,

She used the words "maverick" and "reform" in the same answer. Do you really want more than that?

[QUOTE]And if it was "off the top of your head," why didn't it appear before your edit? Just sayin'....[/QUOTE]

I SWEAR - I was going to say the exact same thing!

:jets18

Jets Insider VIP
    Nuu - loved the bolded parts. Gotta be the first time Couric ever played hardball. I'll be impressed when she does that to a Dem...

[QUOTE]She doesn't have to know his whole record. She has to be able to substantiate claims she makes. She says, over and over, that McCain is going to reform Wall Street. If you are going to make the claim, you ought to be able to back it up.[/QUOTE]

You do have a very good point, though. :cool:

:jets18

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I wonder if they will show the entire interview or just cherry pick specific sequences ala the gibson interview....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum;2771114]Nuu - loved the bolded parts. Gotta be the first time Couric ever played hardball. I'll be impressed when she does that to a Dem...[/QUOTE]

it's funny you say that...

I wish there was a longer version of the following video [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178827[/url]

I'm wondering if katie the commie ever challenged brainless joe...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2771155]it's funny you say that...

I wish there was a longer version of the following video [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178827[/url]

I'm wondering if katie the commie ever challenged brainless joe...[/QUOTE]

It's incredibly comical with these two threads one after another.

Sarah Palin is an idiot; the clock is running out on her 15 minutes.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpb7z_PjbAs[/url]

Do you remember what you did 26 years ago let alone 26 minutes ago!

Just so you know, every campaign, down to the State legislative level has a one page bio on the candidate that is given to press and and surrogates or anyone who will introduce the candidate to an audience. Just to make sure that everybody is on the same page, saying the same things etc. Even these short briefs would have allowed Palin to answer the question Couric put to her -- it is clear that she hasn't read it or is unable to retain it. Now I'm sure there is a much more detailed bio on McCain for these purposes, but the woman has had three weeks.

Palin is an increasing embarrassment to McCain and to everyone who went public about how great they thought she was.
    Last edited by fukushimajin; 09-25-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: fixed and error

All League

She should be able to come up with something, anything.

"why does the McCain/Palin ticket disdain the press?" - I'm guessing it's because she can't handle the press, unless it's Hannity lobbing softballs at her.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Golferjet;2771206]Sarah Palin is an idiot; the clock is running out on her 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Glass houses.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=adb280z;2771831]She should be able to come up with something, anything.

"why does the McCain/Palin ticket disdain the press?" - I'm guessing it's because she can't handle the press, unless it's Hannity lobbing softballs at her.[/QUOTE]

Or it could be the full-court-press smear campaign since she was named. :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2771081]It becomes clearer and clearer why she doesn't take questions more often.

I mean, off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure he voted for Sarbanes-Oxley, right?[/QUOTE]

Newsflash: She's not running for President....Get over her already.

This sort of reminds me of Couric's interview with Joe Biden when she asked him, "Seantor, Obama has made "change" the focal point of his campaign. What specifics from his career would lead one to believe Obama will be a different type of politician"?

oh wait a minute....