Thread: I didn't see the end of the Mets game

Hall Of Fame

I didn't see the end of the Mets game

But how do you get that many hits and walks and not score? Must have been a lot of strikeouts with men on third. That's just hard to do.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 09-25-2008 at 09:45 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    But how do you get that many hits and walks and not score? Must have been a lot of strikeouts with men on third. That's just hard to do.
    They left 7 men on between the 7th and 9th inning alone

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y View Post
    Man on first and third and 1 out....twice in the late innings = result 1 stinkin bases loaded walk

Murphy leads off the botton of the 9th with a tripple = result...no ****ing runs

****ing disgusting.

Veteran
    Its apparant no one on this team can hit a fly ball with a runner on 3rd and less tahn two outs.
    Wright has a runner on 3rd with no outs and a 3-0 count and f'n strikes out, and Ryan Church is just brutal at the plate.
    I saw that Wright is just batting .243 this year with RISP. On the radio this morning they were calling him D-Rod.

Trying to look at the bright side we have 4 games left and two of them are pitched by Santana and Pelfrey. If D-Rod can come through in a big spot and they get production from both Carlos' and Reyes, I still like our chances.

Practice Squad
    consider you self lucky if you missed the end of this game

All League
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Mets are learning how to perfect the choke. The only thing keeping them from tanking the season right now is the Brewers are choke artists as well.

For me though, the season ended last night. The Cubs tried to give that game away and the lowly Mets couldn't even take the donation. Time to start preparing for next season, hope they let Ollie and Pedro walk but I like Manuel he has done what he could with spare parts.