Thread: Joe Torre vs the other Joe guy ummm whats his name?

Banned

Joe Torre vs the other Joe guy ummm whats his name?

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

Not a bad job by Joe Torre in LA. His first and looking strong. Has his team going into the playoffs. And looking really good.

The other Joe has his team missing the playoffs for the first time in more then a decade. The other Joe has alot more talent then JT.

Was it a good idea to let go of JT?

wrong board

Veteran
    very thankful to have Girardi, as manager. Appointing him manager was the right move then, and remains the right move.

Torre has a ton of talent in LA. And the team is in a joke of a division.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vin777b View Post
    very thankful to have Girardi, as manager. Appointing him manager was the right move then, and remains the right move.

Torre has a ton of talent in LA. And the team is in a joke of a division.
    And is a GREAT manager, you forgot that.

I miss Torre and personally was hoping for Donnie as the choice.

Veteran
    wrong board...and whats the dodgers record?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    And is a GREAT manager, you forgot that.

I miss Torre and personally was hoping for Donnie as the choice.

no. He didn't do a 'great' job. However, i believe he will be a very sucessful manager. Girardi is the least of my concerns, regarding that franchise.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    wrong board...and whats the dodgers record?

who cares.

Veteran
    83-75 point being...lets not make them out to be some great team...Joe is doing a fine job there...but they play in a terrible division and have a mediocre record...

joe was great for us...but it was time to move on..

All Pro
    Amazing how the Yankees before the let Torre go said that if he had stayed that he had to win the OWrld Series to keep his job. They said this despite they said any and all injuires "because we have to big of a salary" to fail. Now the Yankeess don't even make the playoffs with that huge salary and people are saying Toree was and is NO GOOD!!!!! GOOD GRIEF

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsin1999 View Post
    http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

Not a bad job by Joe Torre in LA. His first and looking strong. Has his team going into the playoffs. And looking really good.

The other Joe has his team missing the playoffs for the first time in more then a decade. The other Joe has alot more talent then JT.

Was it a good idea to let go of JT?
    Torre is a very good manager. No argument. His stregnth is not bringing in young talent, especially in the pen. Also, after a while, a coach can get stale in a given city/ball club and just need to go somewhere else. I think that was the case here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Dodgers clinch 1st with Arizona losing today I almost had them dead and buried back in August, so I'm really happy today to know we're in the postseason.

Manny for NL MVP???

And for the people saying wrong board, this is a Jets site, and this is the baseball forum

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Dodgers clinch 1st with Arizona losing today I almost had them dead and buried back in August, so I'm really happy today to know we're in the postseason.

Manny for NL MVP???

And for the people saying wrong board, this is a Jets site, and this is the baseball forum
    Manny almost single-handedly saved that sinking ship...

What did the Dodger give up for Manny again? a ballpark frank?

Yes, it was definitely a good idea to let Torre go. Had Torre been the manager on this team, we would be in the exact same position if not worse. We also would most likely not have seen the development of many of the relievers.

The Dodgers going to the playoffs in that division, with the talent that that team has is kind of a must. How could they not have made the playoffs? Well, besides playing Juan Pierre for and Blake DeWitt for a ton of games.

Anyways, the reason this Yankee team did not make the playoffs is because of the injuries to Posada and Wang. Had that not happened, despite all the other injuries and bad seasons that this team has had, we would have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Amazing how the Yankees before the let Torre go said that if he had stayed that he had to win the OWrld Series to keep his job. They said this despite they said any and all injuires "because we have to big of a salary" to fail. Now the Yankeess don't even make the playoffs with that huge salary and people are saying Toree was and is NO GOOD!!!!! GOOD GRIEF
    That's not what they said at all. Why do you put quotes around something that was never said by the way?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The only factual thing in this statement is that the Yankees did not make the playoffs.

Talk about revisionist hisory.