Thread: Mets marching out Yogi and Mays

Banned

Mets marching out Yogi and Mays

Interesting..
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-28-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, we should of been saluting Bobby Abreu and Richie Sexson.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Yeah, we should of been saluting Bobby Abreu and Richie Sexson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Lol
    ]

Why are you starting a Mets thread? Clearly you are obsessed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    ]

Why are you starting a Mets thread? Clearly you are obsessed.
    Clearly..

Hall Of Fame
    is this a Mets thread? Or a Giants and Yankees thread? I'm confused

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    is this a Mets thread? Or a Giants and Yankees thread? I'm confused
    I just found it a bit amusing for the Mets to march out a Yankee and Giant great, but hey atleast they where nice enough to show up. Yogi as we all know is probably the nicest guy in baseball, but I have heard Willie is a very angry man. I do not know why...

Hall Of Fame
    I just found it a bit amusing for the Mets to march out a Yankee and Giant great, but hey atleast they where nice enough to show up. Yogi as we all know is probably the nicest guy in baseball, but I have heard Willie is a very angry man. I do not know why...
    Yogi only managed the 1973 Mets to a World Series, he had every right to be there in a ceremony celebrating the Mets history, as he was a pretty significant piece to the Mets early history.

Mays also played with the Mets late in his career, but with him it was probably more of a figure that the fans identified with from his New York Giants days as well. Sort of like how the Mets have kinda adopted the family of Jackie Robinson as he was a Brooklyn Dodger, not a Los Angeles Dodger.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Yogi only managed the 1973 Mets to a World Series, he had every right to be there in a ceremony celebrating the Mets history, as he was a pretty significant piece to the Mets early history.

Mays also played with the Mets late in his career, but with him it was probably more of a figure that the fans identified with from his New York Giants days as well. Sort of like how the Mets have kinda adopted the family of Jackie Robinson as he was a Brooklyn Dodger, not a Los Angeles Dodger.
    and who beat the Yogi Berra managed Mets???

the Oakland A's of Catfish Hunter and Reggie Jackson- two players the Yankees trotted out the prior Sunday, along with Wade Boggs....

I am by no means a Yankee hater and enjoyed their ceremony to close the stadium a week ago but this thread is a joke- not unexpected considering the title's author.....

All League
    Interesting..
    You think the Mets should have snubbed a former manager just like the Yankees did with Joe Torre? Interesting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    and who beat the Yogi Berra managed Mets???

the Oakland A's of Catfish Hunter and Reggie Jackson- two players the Yankees trotted out the prior Sunday, along with Wade Boggs....

I am by no means a Yankee hater and enjoyed their ceremony to close the stadium a week ago but this thread is a joke- not unexpected considering the title's author.....
    Stupidity coming from this moron does does not surprise me the least bit. Don't like the thread? Than don't read it trailer park trash.

First off all I actually DO NOT believe Reggie Jackson should a) have his number retired, because he did only play in NY for 4 seasons b) be in the hall of fame as a Yankee, but the man won 2 World Series with the Yankees as a player for god sakes. He hit 3 home runs in a game (in Yankee Stadium) The Yankees had more than a right to invite him. Same can be said for Catfish, who also played 4 seasons with the Yankees winning 2 World Series as well. Same goes for Boggs (4 seasons with the Yankees) who was a key part of winning the 96 WS. Something the Yankees hadn't done since Reggie/Catfish days.

These guys won a combined 5 World Series with the Yankees... they shouldn't have invited them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    You think the Mets should have snubbed a former manager just like the Yankees did with Joe Torre? Interesting.

Joe Torre and Donnie Baseball had a team to manage and coach on the west coast.

Use your head..

Rookie
    Stupidity coming from this moron does does not surprise me the least bit. Don't like the thread? Than don't read it trailer park trash.

First off all I actually DO NOT believe Reggie Jackson should a) have his number retired, because he did only play in NY for 4 seasons b) be in the hall of fame as a Yankee, but the man won 2 World Series with the Yankees as a player for god sakes. He hit 3 home runs in a game (in Yankee Stadium) The Yankees had more than a right to invite him. Same can be said for Catfish, who also played 4 seasons with the Yankees winning 2 World Series as well. Same goes for Boggs (4 seasons with the Yankees) who was a key part of winning the 96 WS. Something the Yankees hadn't done since Reggie/Catfish days.

These guys won a combined 5 World Series with the Yankees... they shouldn't have invited them?

Another World Series you had to read about Junior.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxDan View Post
    Another World Series you had to read about Junior.

I've seen 4, how many have you seen old man?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

wow- you truly are a pathetic moron....but understandable as a foreign parasite who spews only what you see in front of your face...

you start a thread mocking the Mets for inviting Yogi Berra and Willie Mays to the closing of Shea Stadium then edit your answer when it is apparent you are getting b!tchslapped...

and when it is pointed out the Yankees did the same thing (invited players they acquired from other teams who impacted the franchise to the closing of YS) you go on some meaningless drunken rant which proves how ridiculous your entire thread was to begin with....(Yogi/Mets/WS)...

shame the bar is set so low for citizenship....

Use your head..
    oh that's right....they just mentioned Torre's name and showed him up on the big screen.....

stop thinking with your a$$.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-29-2008 at 10:42 PM.

All League

Use your head..
    They never even mentioned his name- he was snubbed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    wow- you truly are a pathetic moron....but understandable as a foreign parasite who spews only what you see in front of your face...

you start a thread mocking the Mets for inviting Yogi Berra and Willie Mays to the closing of Shea Stadium then edit your answer when it is apparent you are getting b!tchslapped...

and when it is pointed out the Yankees did the same thing (invited players they acquired from other teams who impacted the franchise to the closing of YS) you go on some meaningless drunken rant which proves how ridiculous your entire thread was to begin with....(Yogi/Mets/WS)...

shame the bar is set so low for citizenship....

oh that's right....they just mentioned Torre's name and showed him up on the big screen.....

stop thinking with your a$$.....
    If you don't see the different between the players mentioned, that I can't help you.

It's unfortunate that JI allows garbage like you post on its boards. See you in political forum b*tch.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 09-29-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

If you don't see the different between the players mentioned, that I can't help you.

It's unfortunate that JI allows garbage like you post on its boards. See you in political forum b*tch.
    what's the difference??? Yogi Berra was a coach on one Mets WS team and the manager for another.....Jackson/Hunter/Boggs were WS players for the Yankees....where's the difference????

it's hysterical watching people get b!tchslapped in their own threads- especially eurotrash....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-29-2008 at 11:52 PM.