Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Name one Obama accomplishment

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama did call for the UN Security Coucil to get Russia to stop its agression against Georgia.

[I]"Obama said that the U.N. must stand up for Georgia, “The United States, Europe and all other concerned countries must stand united in condemning this aggression, and seeking a peaceful resolution to this crisis. We should continue to push for a United Nations Security Council Resolution calling for an immediate end to the violence. This is a clear violation of the sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Georgia – the UN must stand up for the sovereignty of its members, and peace in the world.”[/I]

Oh, never mind, Russia has veto power on the UN Security Council. Lucky it was Obama who made this slip- if it was Palin we would have heard about it ad infinitum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2788789]Obama did call for the UN Security Coucil to get Russia to stop its agression against Georgia.

[I]"Obama said that the U.N. must stand up for Georgia, “The United States, Europe and all other concerned countries must stand united in condemning this aggression, and seeking a peaceful resolution to this crisis. We should continue to push for a United Nations Security Council Resolution calling for an immediate end to the violence. This is a clear violation of the sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Georgia – the UN must stand up for the sovereignty of its members, and peace in the world.”[/I]

Oh, never mind, Russia has veto power on the UN Security Council. Lucky it was Obama who made this slip- if it was Palin we would have heard about it ad infinitum.[/QUOTE]

The media pays ZERO attention to things like this. It's amazing!

The Democratic Presidential candidate can take a major foreign policy mistep like this and it's glanced over. The Republican VICE Presidential candidate gets hammered for anything similar. But that's just the way America is working these days I guess.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2788599]But being an average middle-class girl growing up to be a state Governor is. Got it.[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly comparing being the first black president of the Harvard Law Review to finally getting a BA after transferring to six different schools as accomplishment?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2788764]He didn't invent them, he 'supported' them. (with other peoples money)

Real historic stuff.[/QUOTE]

No he didnt support them. He wrote the actual bills.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2788768]Kenny - Seriously, thanks for posting Obama's accomplishments. But there's still a major problem with the 130 'Present' votes.

Additionally, you should see the stuff state legislators take credit for here in Albany when they really had not much to do with the actual bill at hand. It's called 'resume padding.'

:jets18[/QUOTE]

I agree there is a problem with the 130 present votes. But thanks for acknowledging that Obama did have accomplishments. You can poo poo a you want about what state legislators take credit for, but the bottom line is he authored/co-authored the bills i mentioned. And the credit wasnt given to Obama by Obama himself but by editorial boards in Illinois and the people who benefitted from these bills

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2780484]i couldn't resist about two cents worth. baracks accomplishments are meaningless mainly because he doesn't have any. as much as people want to make light of his harvard law review presidency and his good judgement the facts speak volumes. first off he was a law professor for 12 year at the n of chicago yet he didn't publish a single paper on anything. in spite of this lack of effort (academia is a publish or perish environment where you must publish things of nore relavent to your field to make tenure, etc) he was offered tenure. i'll let other do the math. on his display of judement, that is his stance on the iraq invasion, he was speaking as a state senator not as anyone in a high position of government. i am sure that millions of americans (even in the armed forces) had some serious misgivings before the invasion was launched. the resolution was not unanimous so there were people in power who were wiling to go against the popular vote. so what about this great judgement? did his opinion really count for anything? moreover, he made in a situation where he really didn't have any accontability for the consequences one way or another. judgement, good or bad, is made when someone takes a stance that has some material affect upon others. therefore he did not display any judgement, just an opinion. let's take this judgement a bit farther. did barack display any great judgement but allying himself with rev. wright for well over 20 years while this clown is going around spewing anti-american ideas? how about rezko. did barack display any great judgement by accepting sweetheart deals from tony rezko? or how abpout his not paying back his student loan until last spring? seems to me a guys who just made 4M or so writing a book should have been able to pay off his 47K student loan. i think the answers are fairly obvious. for all that is wrong with washington and the government in general, imo, barack is not the guy to get anything done. he is a shame and is just as dirty as other one.

never forget hire the vet.[/QUOTE]\

You were doing pretty well until that last line. Why? Does that mean James Stockdale would have made a good VP, even though he couldn't figure out why he had been chosen, except that he was a medal-toting POW (and one, I might add, who I admire even more than McCain). Just dumb. Sounds like affirmative action for veterans. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an amusing comparison. Name one accomplishment of Abraham Lincoln in his two years as a US Representative. Here's some background:

[I]Lincoln served one term (1847-49) as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, where he opposed the Mexican War--Whigs did everywhere--as unnecessary and unconstitutional. This opposition was not a function of internationalist sympathy for Mexico (Lincoln thought the war inevitable) but of feeling that the Democratic president, James Polk, had violated the Constitution. Lincoln had been indifferent about the annexation of Texas, already a slave territory, but he opposed any expansion that would allow slavery into new areas; hence, he supported the Wilmot Proviso, which would have barred slavery from any territory gained as a result of the Mexican War. He did not run for Congress again, returning instead to Springfield and the law. [/I]

Sounds about like Obama. Now of course Lincoln made a horrible president due to his lack of experience in passing largely empty legislation. I wish I hadn't voted for him. Breckinridge was my man... :eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2789311]Are you honestly comparing being the first black president of the Harvard Law Review to finally getting a BA after transferring to six different schools as accomplishment?[/QUOTE]

Do you even read the posts before you reply? You state his "accomplishments" are no joke. My exact response, word for word, is "[I]But being an average middle-class girl growing up to be a state Governor is. Got it.[/I]"

HowTF does your reply make any sense? I'll answer for you: It doesn't. It's knee-jerk blather.

And as for the "first black" anything, I'll give that an ounce of respect when hypocrites like yourself hold conservative blacks in the same high esteem as they reach new positions of power...instead of portraying them in despicable and horribly racist mammy-type cartoons, as you did with Condi Rice, eliciting nary a whimper from the NAACP or the worthless "mainstream" media.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2788833]The media pays ZERO attention to things like this. It's amazing!

The Democratic Presidential candidate can take a major foreign policy mistep like this and it's glanced over. The Republican VICE Presidential candidate gets hammered for anything similar. But that's just the way America is working these days I guess.[/QUOTE]
    So true. Even Obama's usual defenders don't want to touch this one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2789493]Do you even read the posts before you reply? You state his "accomplishments" are no joke. My exact response, word for word, is "[I]But being an average middle-class girl growing up to be a state Governor is. Got it.[/I]"

HowTF does your reply make any sense? I'll answer for you: It doesn't. It's knee-jerk blather.

And as for the "first black" anything, I'll give that an ounce of respect when hypocrites like yourself hold conservative blacks in the same high esteem as they reach new positions of power...instead of portraying them in despicable and horribly racist mammy-type cartoons, as you did with Condi Rice, eliciting nary a whimper from the NAACP or the worthless "mainstream" media.[/QUOTE]

My response was completely appropriate. You completely ignored the list of accomplishments I listed and focused on that last line regarding him being Harvard Law Review President. Then you bring up Palin being an average middle class girl going on to be Governor. What that has to do with the dozen or so accomplishments God only knows. So i addressed what you focused on. The only thing thats "knee jerk" is you ignoring all the accomplishments i listed and still stating "What has Obama ever done?"

I do respect black Republicans like Condi , i simply disagree with her. And no i never made any racist comments/listed cartoons as you say. Nice try though

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]We've seen this show before....[/B]

[CENTER]

[SIZE="7"][B]All talk, no plan.[/B][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.truthwinsout.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/obama.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2006/0109/photo/a_edwards_195.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-05-2008 at 10:30 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an accomplishment: BO has managed to hide everything about his years at Colombia in contrast to everything that surfaced about W's education.

[QUOTE]He Graduated Without Honors
    By ROSS GOLDBERG, Special to the Sun | September 2, 2008

Senator Obama's life story, from his humble roots, to his rise to Harvard Law School, to his passion as a community organizer in Chicago, has been at the center of his presidential campaign. But one chapter of the tale remains a blank — his education at Columbia College, a place he rarely speaks about and where few people seem to remember him.

Contributing to the mystery is the fact that nobody knows just how well Mr. Obama, unlike Senator McCain and most other major candidates for the past two elections, performed as a student.

The Obama campaign has refused to release his college transcript, despite an academic career that led him to Harvard Law School and, later, to a lecturing position at the University of Chicago. The shroud surrounding his experience at Columbia contrasts with that of other major party nominees since 2000, all whom have eventually released information about their college performance or seen it leaked to the public.

For better or worse, voters have taken an interest in candidates' grades since 1999, when the New Yorker published President Bush's transcript at Yale and disclosed that he was a C student. Mr. Bush had never portrayed himself as a brain, but many were surprised to learn the next year that his opponent, Vice President Gore, did not do much better at Harvard despite his intellectual image. When Senator Kerry's transcript surfaced, reporters found that he actually had a slightly lower average at Yale than Mr. Bush did.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is endorsed by Oprah, George Clooney, and Hamas

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2780079]Can someone name one Obama accomplishment in government that's NOT defeating Hillary in a primary?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

He defeated Hillary, ohh sorry.. He said the war sucked early!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=exit9JetsFan;2790649]He defeated Hillary, ohh sorry.. He said the war sucked early![/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the posting above where at least a dozen or so of some of Obama's accomplishments were listed. Ooooops I forgot.. those dont count. If the Right Wingers on this board dont approve of those accomplishments, then they are not accomplishments. Lets just move on pretend Obama hasnt done anything. Lets continue to make up stupid threads asking people to name one accomplishment and then when they name a dozen, lets just discount them and laugh that he hasnt done anything.

Then lets question if he was a good student and question if he deserved to be President of the Harvard Law Review.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    THe 44th President of the United States of America:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;2842609]THe 44th President of the United States of America:yes:[/QUOTE]

So George Bush is more accomplished because he's been elected twice?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the slowest typist on the planet so I've
    pasted my response to Xingdaorong's thread
    and it applies here as well:

"Astounding, really.

Xing:

Your rant is kind of pathetic, vitriolic and confusing. You want Obama
    supporters to state their reasons for supporting the candidate albeit
    one with limited political experience. The thread goes on for 9 pages
    where we discover that your elected president, GW Bush, after 8 years in
    office, will go down in History as the President who will be most remembered
    for giving the most financial aid to Africa.

Here's one reason I support Obama: He voted against invading Iraq.

Spare me the revisionist spew. There are reams of documents proving
    without a shadow of a doubt that Bush, pushed by America's Biggest
    Dick- Cheney -and his neocon imbeciles, manufactured reasons to
    invade Iraq. No plan for managing the invasion, no exit strategy-"I don't
    do quagmires" said Dumsfeld (Along with "shock and awe", "we'll be greeted
    as liberators"....on and on...) This as just ONE example of a President with
    no vision, restraint, diplomatic capabilities, or concern for his own country.

Read the interview with Brent Scowcroft who went on record as being a
    very vocal opponent of GW Bush's hubris and the ensuing mess which
    has ensued. This, again, as just one small example of what I consider to be the tragedy
    of the last 8 years for this country and my fellow citizens.

You come off as a whining puke-about 26 years old-who knows little
    or nothing about the consequences of political missteps. Have any friends
    who served in Vietnam? Old enough to know anything about Korea?

My grandfather served as a pilot trainer in WWI. My Uncle was wounded
    in the Battle of the Bulge (that's WWII if you don't know), My father served
    in the Counter Intelligence Corp during Korea. My Great x10 Grandfather
    served in the militia and was wounded during King Philips War(also called
    Metacom's Rebellion). Here's a little quote or two about that war which few,
    if any, know about "King Philip’s War resulted in the destruction of families and communities, Native and colonist alike, throughout New England. It took decades for the colonists to recover from the loss of life, the property damage and the huge military expenditures.

The war was devastating for Native Peoples. Entire families were sold into slavery abroad; others were forced to become servants locally. The Wampanoag had to adapt aspects of their culture to survive; their political independence ended. Nevertheless, Native Peoples continued to live in Plymouth Colony. Many maintained tribal ties and a strong sense of community."

I have numerous ancestors on both my father's and mother's side who fought
    in the American Revolution and the Civil War. There is a road near my home
    that utilizes our surname because it was there "The Nineteenth Regiment assembled on August 19 at Camp Dutton, on Chestnut Hill, east of Litchfield. The camp was named in honor of Lt. Henry M. Dutton of the Fifth Connecticut Volunteers who had fallen at Cedar Mountain only ten days before...."

If there is ONE THING my family has shared with me, ONE THING
    it is military service and engagemant is an honor and not to be taken lightly.
    I personally find the fact that neither Bush, Cheney or Rumsfeld or Rove or
    Feith or Wolfowitz EVER served their country. NEVER. Yet, they engaged our Country, it's resources and it's young men and women, in a senseless crusade. Geogr HW Bush, the Senior, did not attack Iraq. Colin Powell split
    from GW Bush's regime when he knew where they were headed and who was leading the charge.

You want to rant about winning an election and think your guy has led this
    country honorably for 8 years? You need to wake up and realize that the
    current administration has been a disaster for this country and it's people
    (not to mention the people of Iraq). Get over yourself and your pathetic,
    puny partisan bickering and be human enough to admit that George Bush
    and his cronies have been gutless cowards in their inability to separate
    right from wrong, fact from fiction, leadership from ineptitude.

The smart people have distanced themselves long ago from these idiots-
    look at the long list of seasoned high ranking military officials who have
    publicly denounced Bush/Cheney (which is akin to career suicide yet the
    morally correct thing to do).

You wanted a reason to support Obama, I gave you one and my own
    personal reasons for believing that that one vote was enough for me to
    want him as our President.

What you gave us was a few paragraphs of whining spew about the least
    qualified President. I'd argue that A) he may not be qualified but at least he's
    not an idiot and that B) it takes a real man with a real heart and mind to
    know when he's unqualified and to seek the wise counsel of those with more
    experience. You might try the same."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2780825][B]Great Point.[/B]

And this is what drives me nuts about many of the republicans who drivel on about a lack of experience. If it was such an issue then they would have voted for Al Gore, the two term vice president of the United States of America, instead of George Bush (who was trading Sammy Sosa a few years earlier).

Its a complete lack of intellectual honesty.[/QUOTE]

Bush owned 1% of the Texas Rangers. He was stratigicly put in that position and his next logical step was to run for governor of a state loaded with clueless Idiots.

After that the next step was to run for President Smearing McCain to get the nomination. His ascent to the presidency was calculated and very well thought out by Daddy and his huge connections. George W Bush had absolutely nothing going on in his life that warranted him getting elected Governor no less president, yet you question Obamas Credentials ? A man who came from nothing to get where he is with NO wheres near the political backing of a farce like GWB or even John McCain for that matter. I sure as hell respect Obamas drive to the white house more than GWB's . That in and of itself is a huge accomplishemnt of epic proportions compared to Bush and McCain who had everything they accomplished politically handed to them on a silver spoon. If McCain does not have his Family he does not even Sniff the Naval academy and GWB does not get to go AWOL with no punishment.