Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Name one Obama accomplishment

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2780079]Can someone name one Obama accomplishment in government that's NOT defeating Hillary in a primary?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

He is destroying McCain tactically in this election. For a guy with a lifetime of experience and facing an economic crisis McCain has completely screwed the pouch while Obama has sat on the sidelines watching him self destruct. You have to give him props on his tactical dismanteling of McCain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2781537]He is destroying McCain tactically in this election. For a guy with a lifetime of experience and facing an economic crisis McCain has completely screwed the [B]pouch[/B] while Obama has sat on the sidelines watching him self destruct. You have to give him props on his tactical dismanteling of McCain.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I disagree with is your spelling of pooch.

Obama's best move has been staying somewhat quiet as McCain has made all sorts of news, 80% of it not positive, over the past 2 weeks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2780114]But to answer your question....the creation of an internet database for government spending. Similar to the one that Sarah Palin is proposing and doesn't realize that it already exists
    [/QUOTE]
    Sounds like it's made quite an impact, accomplishing a plan like this. Got a URL for the government google?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2781539]The only thing I disagree with is your spelling of pooch.
    [/QUOTE]

Maybe he meant pouch, as in kangaroo?

Meh - this is just another tit-for-tat thread. Not too much gets discussed anymore, just political skeet shooting. :mad:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAJF don't expect any meaningful resume of accomplishments in this topic, because there are none. What Obama posters are citing is a load of trivial bs that would hardly qualify someone in a race for governor, never mind president. The first black president of the Harvard Law Review? A community organizer who increased the budget? What's next did he convince the town council to reduce the cost of school lunches? Did he vote down that expensive new sports complex in town? Who gives a flying f*ck except Obama supporters? Nobody. Him being the nominee is a testament to how much voters hate George Bush, not to how decent a candidate he is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2780114]
    I applaud my colleagues for [b]unanimously supporting a bill[/b] that will aid the American people in that effort," Dr. Coburn said.
    [/QUOTE]

Yup, Obama really stuck his neck out and took on Washington on this one..
    :rofl:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2781695]Him being the nominee is a testament to how much voters hate George Bush, not to how decent a candidate he is.[/QUOTE]

truth

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's African-American (only half) and he's running for President of the United States of America. That's about ALL I can think of?

~ Though NO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES has been, or will be without-flaw, we shouldn't vote for the candidate with the "least wrong with him"! It would be revolutionary and historical to elect a minority candidate to the most powerful position in the world, but in the times that this country is in we should elect the man best suited to help this country regardless of their skin tone........

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2780114]Forty-three Senators co-sponsored S. 2590 including Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN), Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Tom Carper (D-DE), Susan Collins (R-ME), Joe Lieberman (D-CT), [B]John McCain (R-AZ)[/B], [B]Hillary Clinton (D-NY)[/B], [B]John Kerry (D-MA)[/B], John Cornyn (R-TX) and others[/QUOTE]

So this was the FIRST/BEST THING that you could think of when asked about Senator Obama's accomplishments? I do see McCain's name listed as a co-sponsor of this bill. McCain's campaign is about not solely being a divided bipartisan government, but to work will ALL who can help get us out of this MESS that GWB put us in.. McCain shouldn't be lumped into Bush's category just because he's a Republican. Judge the MAN not the denomination.....or for that matter, the skin tone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barack Obama is Vernon Gholston. Lots of potential but hasn't done squat yet. The campaign theme of HOPE is incredibly fitting as that's all we have to go on for an Obama presidency, the hope that it works out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2781695]Him being the nominee is a testament to how much voters hate George Bush, not to how decent a candidate he is.[/QUOTE]

That statement doesn't hold water. He's the [I]democratic [/I]nominee. Replace "George Bush" with "Hillary Clinton" in your sentence and you could probably make a fair argument.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2783049]The campaign theme of HOPE is incredibly fitting as that's all we have to go on for an Obama presidency, the hope that it works out.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Well observed. Maybe Palin's campaign theme should be PRAY. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;2783057]LOL. Well observed. Maybe Palin's campaign theme should be PRAY. ;)[/QUOTE]

Probably. And I have to concede that if Obama is Vernon Gholston then McCain might just be Al Davis! :eek: lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2781539]Obama's best move has been staying somewhat quiet as McCain has made all sorts of news, 80% of it not positive, over the past 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Half of life is just showing up . . . The other half is knowing when to shut up. More often than not, silence is golden.

Honestly, If Obama can run the country as well as he runs for president, I'm not that concerned about the experience issue. The fact is, he's come along way, baby.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 10-01-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2783095]Half of life is just showing up . . . The other half is knowing when to shut up. More often than not, silence is golden.

Honestly, If Obama can run the country as well as he runs for president, I'm not that concerned about the experience issue. [B]The fact is, he's come along way, a baby.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I wouldn't call him a baby :P but I'd be lying if I said the inexperience wasn't a major concern.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What Obama has accomplished!!!

Nothing!!! I could honestly care less what he has accomplished!! Thats right I said it!!
    I like what he stands for! I like that he isnt part of the same old Clinton/Bush/ same old same old regime!!
    Since when did "accomplishing" something in the Senate lead to a great president?

I am sure Bushy Jr. "accomplished a lot in his previous positions....OK now how did that help him the past 8 years??? What did it help him ruin us?

I just don't get it.

I like a new face!! Thats why I am voting for him. Actually that is why he is going to win!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;2783506]Nothing!!! I could honestly care less what he has accomplished!! Thats right I said it!!
    I like what he stands for! I like that he isnt part of the same old Clinton/Bush/ same old same old regime!! [/QUOTE]

So you want someone more liberal, huh? Just how do you think he's gonna shake things up?

[QUOTE]
    I am sure Bushy Jr. "accomplished a lot in his previous positions....OK now how did that help him the past 8 years??? What did it help him ruin us?
    [/QUOTE]

And we're ruined how?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Liberal, Sure I will take anybody new!!

Regarding us being ruined. I guess Bushy Jr. has nothing to do with the economic crisis. He is completely inoccent.

Let me guess it all falls back on Slick Willy?? LOL just stop!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;2786118]Liberal, Sure I will take anybody new!!

Regarding us being ruined. I guess Bushy Jr. has nothing to do with the economic crisis. He is completely inoccent.

Let me guess it all falls back on Slick Willy?? LOL just stop![/QUOTE]

Actually, Palin is the "newest" one on the block...you OK with her?

Let's see, the dot.com bubble and three negative GDP quarters under Slick were just minor problems?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My problem with Palin is I am pro abortion. Yes I want more. Also she is wayy wayy too religous. I trust a man to be president as well.