Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Cotto v Margarito II???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cotto v Margarito II???

Anyone catch Lampley's statement that Tony turned down 4 million to rematch Paul Williams due to contract negotiations for a bigger payday for an immediate rematch vs Miguel Angel Cotto???

Not sure how I feel about that, don't think Miggy's ready for that yet. I wanted to see him get his legs under him against Cintron and then beat Berto's azz then step back up to Tony's level next summer

If this happens Miggy's got some big balls or maybe he knows something we don't, I mean he should have won that first fight but Tony was like the freakin Terminator and would not slow down or stay still, he earned that by pure determination and solid chin, cant see what would be different in an immediate rematch

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cotto is better off just rebuilding himself and staying away from Margarito for the rest of his career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Cotto is better off just rebuilding himself and staying away from Margarito for the rest of his career.
    rebuild, si

stay away forever, no

I say let Tony age about ten years or so and then let Miggy beat his old azz down

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    rebuild, si

stay away forever, no

I say let Tony age about ten years or so and then let Miggy beat his old azz down
    I, too, would prefer Miggy fight someone else before getting back in there with Margarito. There is no question in my mind he's got the tools to win a rematch, but he first should be in the right frame of mind.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    rebuild, si

stay away forever, no

Lol, by that time De La Hoya might be trying to line up something with him though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I, too, would prefer Miggy fight someone else before getting back in there with Margarito. There is no question in my mind he's got the tools to win a rematch, but he first should be in the right frame of mind.
    ya me too, I say KO cintron then expose Berto and build up for a rematch, let Tony get a couple of fights in as well