Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash extends 3 years with Yanks.

Hall Of Fame

Cash extends 3 years with Yanks.

per sny.

All League
    I thought he was gone for sure, and speaking to some Yank fans they wanted him gone too.

All League
    if they don't make the playoffs next year he should be gone. could of had santana for melky and kennedy.

please don't resign pettite, or sign burnett or sheets.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    if they don't make the playoffs next year he should be gone. could of had santana for melky and kennedy.

If your going to complain at least get the facts right, it was never for Melky and Kennedy.

All Pro
    Not even close.

Banned
    GOOD GOOD GOOD...

Very pleased .

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    GOOD GOOD GOOD...

Very pleased .
    +1

Good start to the offseason

All League
    there really isn't anyone else I can think of who is capable of handling the job with the Yankees, maybe Cash makes some bad moves, but some moves backfire, there were pitchers that everyone wanted at one point and they just fell apart.

Excellent news. Cashman has his shortcomings, but he has a solid plan and, more importantly, if he didn't come back, we'd be left in a horrible position with no legitimate replacement ready.

All League
    I had him going to DC or Philly for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I never thought of Cashman to be a guy that would start a plan and then run away from it.

All Pro
    Good news. He's been building for the future the past few seasons, so I'm happy that he will get to see it through.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Excellent news. Cashman has his shortcomings, but he has a solid plan and, more importantly, if he didn't come back, we'd be left in a horrible position with no legitimate replacement ready.
    That was my greatest fear.... a return to the Steinbrenner knee-jerk leadership that permeated the Yankees in the '80s and lasted until Howie Spira showed up in the Bronx.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Philly I could understand, that franchise actually cares but DC? Leaving the Yankees for the Washington Nationals is like leaving a top Manhattan law firm to do LegalAid in the South Bronx. I'm glad Cash is still here for at least 1 more year.

I still hate that Cashman passed up on Santana but in the end the move might actually work out. Hughes looks like he might pan out after all and we may be getting CC Sabathia this off-season. Yankees could end up with both Hughes and Sabathia which is better than just Santana by himself.

Veteran
    As long as Cash and HAL are calling the shots I think we will be ok...Hank just talks..let him talk..as long as he isn't making the decisions..

Practice Squad
    Good, Cash should be back. He has the farm going in the right direction. The Yankees are now lead by Cash and Hal, Hank is just the figure-head who runs his mouth. I have full faith in Cash and Hal to get us back to the playoffs next season and beyond.
    Last edited by Dumps; 10-01-2008 at 10:57 AM.

All Pro

And 25 million per year, and whatever they would have had to pay for a center fielder, and those 2 plus Hughes and someone else.

As long as we get CC Sabathia I don't care. If we miss out on CC I will be mad. Especially when all we have to do is give up money, when the Yankees are going to be making millions, they have plenty of money out there. I don't care if we get Mark Texiera or not, as long as we get the dominant lefty ace in CC, we need that horse. Though we may have to go after Mark as we have no 1st basemen in the minors, and our line up is getting weak, we need another strong bat to play after A-Rod.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    As long as we get CC Sabathia I don't care. If we miss out on CC I will be mad. Especially when all we have to do is give up money, when the Yankees are going to be making millions, they have plenty of money out there. I don't care if we get Mark Texiera or not, as long as we get the dominant lefty ace in CC, we need that horse. Though we may have to go after Mark as we have no 1st basemen in the minors, and our line up is getting weak, we need another strong bat to play after A-Rod.
    Don't get too mad. Be prepared: he's probably going to the Dodgers.

All League
    Per Cash on the FAN with Fatty:
    Wang & Joba are the only certainties in the starting rotation for '09.