Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sweet Goal Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I watched it last night, awesome goal. Damn shame the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

Beckham looks like he's having a great time in Milan, and was quoted in a London newspaper as saying that there were often times he got "frustrated" with the quality of play in America, and it's going to take a good 10 years before MLS becomes a legit league. He did say he will honor and respect his contract, but it sounds like he's itching to get out of LA and stay in Italy. Can't blame him.

He really makes a difference on the pitch with Milan, too. He brings a lot of excitement and energy and has become an asset to the team in a very short while.
    My bet is he'll do everything he can to get out of LA and squeeze the last few competitive years he has left in Milan.

Love or hate his public figure, the dude comes to play on game days. He's not my favorite because he doesn't participate as much as a Gerrard for example, but any free kick in the opponents half is a scoring chance.

I watched it last night, awesome goal. Damn shame the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

Beckham looks like he's having a great time in Milan, and was quoted in a London newspaper as saying that there were often times he got "frustrated" with the quality of play in America, and it's going to take a good 10 years before MLS becomes a legit league. He did say he will honor and respect his contract, but it sounds like he's itching to get out of LA and stay in Italy. Can't blame him.

He really makes a difference on the pitch with Milan, too. He brings a lot of excitement and energy and has become an asset to the team in a very short while.
    Nice goal-Classic Beckham.

I think I read the same article. I wouldn't be too surprised to see something worked out that ends with Becks to Milan permanent. He was gushing about playing in Milan. Curious to see how that would be worked out, though.

On another Galaxy note, Landon Donavan is on Goltv at 230pmEST for the Bayern/Hamburg game. He's performed decently for Bayern during the break, but it'll be interesting how it goes for him in league play. Of course, this assumes he gets on the pitch.

Veteran
    "Beckham cannot kick with his left foot, can't head the ball, can't tackle and he doesn't score enough goals. Otherwise he's all right."

GEORGE BEST

Check out this crazy/lucky goal from the Catania - Palermo match last week. Beckham-esque, almost from midfield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z4s7qPc790

Jets Insider VIP
    Check out this crazy/lucky goal from the Catania - Palermo match last week. Beckham-esque, almost from midfield.

Nice.

Reminds me of a goal scored in the Cup Winners Cup Final a few years back. I think it was La Corogne against Arse. It was a golden goal I think in extra time.

Gotta look it up...

Surprised the Turk hasn't posted the Harry Kewell goal from the other day playing for Gala - was a really nice effort.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Surprised the Turk hasn't posted the Harry Kewell goal from the other day playing for Gala - was a really nice effort.
    It was effin magnificent, and I posted it in the Uefa cup thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    It was effin magnificent, and I posted it in the Uefa cup thread
    Seems like he's really loved over in Turkey - happy for him after his time with us was ruined by injury and his hepatitis.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Seems like he's really loved over in Turkey - happy for him after his time with us was ruined by injury and his hepatitis.
    He's definitly a fan favorite, the best loved foreigner by far.

He's also become some sort of talismanic good luck charm; we've won all the matches in which Kewell scored a goal.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's definitly a fan favorite, the best loved foreigner by far.

He's also become some sort of talismanic good luck charm; we've won all the matches in which Kewell scored a goal.
    you wanna find a You tube version of it?

I went to the UEFA thread and the link blows, it's in Turkish, takes time to upload, and it's my birthday so I'm lazy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

I went to the UEFA thread and the link blows, it's in Turkish, takes time to upload, and it's my birthday so I'm lazy as hell.
    Oh, it's your birthday?

Veteran

Happy birthday mate.

I'm sorry if the link doesn't work but I'm at work and have no access to youtube so I went in thru Ktunnel

http://www.ktunnel.com/index.php/101...6e0dbe97f15732

if the link doesn't work just write Kewell and Bordeaux.

NICE!

The flare in the stands is always cool too. I'm thinking if somebody pulls out a flare at a match in the US they're generally beat down by security and sent to Guantanamo.

However, the goal before Kewell's, the dude on the far post that let that dribbler through?....OUCH!

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Duke!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    NICE!

The flare in the stands is always cool too. I'm thinking if somebody pulls out a flare at a match in the US they're generally beat down by security and sent to Guantanamo.

However, the goal before Kewell's, the dude on the far post that let that dribbler through?....OUCH!

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Duke!

LOL.

We should get a European commando unit together to go to a Jets game and do it. At least one of us could get away I'm sure.

Veteran
    LOL.

We should get a European commando unit together to go to a Jets game and do it. At least one of us could get away I'm sure.
    yeeah, well you know I don't think that would work out too good for me...considering I'd be the only muslim in the bunch...

than try telling those guys "I'm not religious...really I'm just a hooligan!!!Look...I'll eat pork drink alcohol and everything..."

Jets Insider VIP
    yeeah, well you know I don't think that would work out too good for me...considering I'd be the only muslim in the bunch...

than try telling those guys "I'm not religious...really I'm just a hooligan!!!Look...I'll eat pork drink alcohol and everything..."
    It's perfect. you'd be the sacrificial lamb.

Start growing your beard pronto.

Hall Of Fame

Forty nine seconds and not a single Italian player fell to the ground while holding his ankle and crying? Is this a pre-season game?

Veteran
    It's perfect. you'd be the sacrificial lamb.

Start growing your beard pronto.
    Of course...I could also wear our new away kit to ease the transition into the orange jumpsuits...

wait a second....what?

Disclaimer: Any and all Homeland Security, NSA, CIA, FAO Schwartz and/or FBI agents without anything else better to do then to look at the soccer forum of a jets site and who happen to see this thread; this was a joke. Neither me, myself nor I do not plan to end up in the lovely resort of Guantanamo in the near or far future. By reading this post you also agree to hand me over a million of your American dollars for the pure unadulterated joy I have brought to your miserable agent lives with this thread. Oh hand fenerbahce sucks, Patsies* suck, and dolphags suck.

Jets Insider VIP

Disclaimer: Any and all Homeland Security, NSA, CIA, FAO Schwartz and/or FBI agents without anything else better to do then to look at the soccer forum of a jets site and who happen to see this thread; this was a joke. Neither me, myself nor I do not plan to end up in the lovely resort of Guantanamo in the near or far future. By reading this post you also agree to hand me over a million of your American dollars for the pure unadulterated joy I have brought to your miserable agent lives with this thread. Oh and fenerbahce sucks, Patsies* suck, Italians suck, and dolphags suck.
    Fixed

I'm in! Those green flares aren't cheap though:

http://www.aviationsupermart.com/sto...l?feed=froogle

Woody, if you're watching, you could throw these in free with the PSL's.