Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: The Sweet Goal Thread

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Sweet Goal Thread

    Post vids of nice goals as they're scored across the globe.

    Ibrahimovic had a really nice one this weekend.

    http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=hH_POzV6UWE&NR=1

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,167
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ronaldhino's first goal with Milan, from last week. Sweet cross from Kaka, Ronnie buries it into the top corner, right off the ol' noggin.

    Kaka may have been a touch offside, but details are meaningless

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoha...eature=related

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice goal this weekend in Ligue 1.

    Yohann Gourcuff. Mark this name down. He has been tearing things up since the begining of the season: scored 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games with the national team. He's already being compared to Zidane. Obviously anytime anyone with talent comes out this happens. But I feel he's got something else. A je ne sais quoi. This goal was a beauty (check out the #4 defender).

    Paulie, do you remember him? He played sparingly last year for Milan. He was loaned this year to Bordeaux.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pGDEPb3Rtg

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    From our match this weekend

    http://www.ligtv.com.tr/VideoLig/

    go to the link, if it asks you to sign in username nkuler2 password is jetsinsider

    than click on the match score GS 3 - 0 Trabzonspor then click on the 1st goal

    I know it sounds like a hassle but trust me its worth it

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    From our match this weekend

    http://www.ligtv.com.tr/VideoLig/

    go to the link, if it asks you to sign in username nkuler2 password is jetsinsider

    than click on the match score GS 3 - 0 Trabzonspor then click on the 1st goal

    I know it sounds like a hassle but trust me its worth it
    Sweet but I doubt that's what he was trying to do. Looked like a cross that curled into the corner if you ask me.

    Where have you been??

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Sweet but I doubt that's what he was trying to do. Looked like a cross that curled into the corner if you ask me.

    Where have you been??
    Yes he admitted as much after the match, but its still a great looking goal.

    I've been lurking around, just not that much to write about I guess...

    It's like all my teams have multiple personality disorders, the jets you know about, Galatasaray beats up on the leaders 3-0 but gets knocked out of CL, the National team plays a great second half and comes from behind saturday then draws with Estonia...

    At lease fener really sucks this year Looks like luis Aragones will probably be fired in January so it's not all bad...

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Yes he admitted as much after the match, but its still a great looking goal.

    I've been lurking around, just not that much to write about I guess...

    It's like all my teams have multiple personality disorders, the jets you know about, Galatasaray beats up on the leaders 3-0 but gets knocked out of CL, the National team plays a great second half and comes from behind saturday then draws with Estonia...

    At lease fener really sucks this year Looks like luis Aragones will probably be fired in January so it's not all bad...
    Turkey coming from behind? Where have I seen that?!

    Aragones should've retired after the Euro.

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Nice goal this weekend in Ligue 1.

    Yohann Gourcuff. Mark this name down. He has been tearing things up since the begining of the season: scored 2 goals and 3 assists in 3 games with the national team. He's already being compared to Zidane. Obviously anytime anyone with talent comes out this happens. But I feel he's got something else. A je ne sais quoi. This goal was a beauty (check out the #4 defender).

    Paulie, do you remember him? He played sparingly last year for Milan. He was loaned this year to Bordeaux.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pGDEPb3Rtg
    I liked Gourcuff a lot. He was a young kid with a lot of promise, but he was never given a chance. Ancelotti jerked him around, put him in during garbage time, told him he would play and then never followed up on it, etc. Gourcuff could have been a great contributor to Milan, but the team turned on him when he wasn't a superstar out of the gate. Sucks.

    Good for him though, I wish him the best.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I liked Gourcuff a lot. He was a young kid with a lot of promise, but he was never given a chance. Ancelotti jerked him around, put him in during garbage time, told him he would play and then never followed up on it, etc. Gourcuff could have been a great contributor to Milan, but the team turned on him when he wasn't a superstar out of the gate. Sucks.

    Good for him though, I wish him the best.
    His start this season apparently hasn’t gone unnoticed. Milan, prolly trying to squeeze every dime out of it, is saying they want him back at the end of the season (since it’s a loan).

    In any case he’s living up to his young reputation so far.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet another beautiful goal by Gourcuff sunday night against PSG (we got pummeled 4-0).

    Have to get to the slo mo at the end to fully appreciate it. He touches the ball 4-5 times in a split second to eliminate 2 defenders.

    http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kidupw...eature=related
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 01-13-2009 at 03:30 AM.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    So he is the "new Zizou du jour" eh...

    Well we'll see him up close next month in our UEFA cup tie against Bordeaux.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    So he is the "new Zizou du jour" eh...

    Well we'll see him up close next month in our UEFA cup tie against Bordeaux.
    He’s only 21 so you can’t mention him in the same breath as Platini and Zidane yet, but he’s definitely got all the guns. For now he hasn’t disappointed on the national team either.He’s going to be a great #10 for us.

    Good luck btw. Keep an eye out for him.

  14. #14
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope he comes back to Milan and just as effective.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I hope he comes back to Milan and just as effective.
    It's still French Ligue 1, so nowhere near as competitive as the Calcio. Still, I think he's extremely gifted. DOn't know how much playing time he'd be able to get next to the Pirlo's, Ronaldinho's, Kaka's, Beckham's...Geez, just typing it makes your head spin

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    It's still French Ligue 1, so nowhere near as competitive as the Calcio. Still, I think he's extremely gifted. DOn't know how much playing time he'd be able to get next to the Pirlo's, Ronaldinho's, Kaka's, Beckham's...Geez, just typing it makes your head spin

    You mean the Beck Street Boys



  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    You mean the Beck Street Boys


    Is Beckham picking his wedgie?

  18. #18
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    It's still French Ligue 1, so nowhere near as competitive as the Calcio. Still, I think he's extremely gifted. DOn't know how much playing time he'd be able to get next to the Pirlo's, Ronaldinho's, Kaka's, Beckham's...Geez, just typing it makes your head spin
    They're like the Yankees of Serie A. Maybe that's why I like them.

    I did read that Gattuso is a little pissed off that Beckham was signed and actually started during the match against Roma on Sunday. He'll be out with an injury for a while and I think he's a little worried.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,721
    Post Thanks / Like

  20. #20
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I watched it last night, awesome goal. Damn shame the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

    Beckham looks like he's having a great time in Milan, and was quoted in a London newspaper as saying that there were often times he got "frustrated" with the quality of play in America, and it's going to take a good 10 years before MLS becomes a legit league. He did say he will honor and respect his contract, but it sounds like he's itching to get out of LA and stay in Italy. Can't blame him.

    He really makes a difference on the pitch with Milan, too. He brings a lot of excitement and energy and has become an asset to the team in a very short while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us