Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum is VERY close to being shut down

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2792351]NOT ME, man, I ain't no snitch :cool:

And besides that, I don't ever want to incur the wrath of the soothsayer, believe me, none of us do! :eek:[/QUOTE]

ha..people have come together in this thread more than any other I saw....this may be the most light hearted thread in the forum...

is that irony?

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2792353]ha..people have come together in this thread more than any other I saw....this may be the most light hearted thread in the forum...

is that irony?[/QUOTE]

Is irony a Republican? If so, then yes, it is irony.

:D ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2792356]Is irony a Republican? If so, then yes, it is irony.

:D ;)[/QUOTE]

Nah, Irony is the Independent. You're thinking of Hypocrisy. Needless to say, he's a democrat as well as a republican. :P

And close down the 3rd or 4th most popular forum here? Sure, sure. ;)
    Last edited by Sharrow; 10-07-2008 at 04:43 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's about time Sooth does something. This board gets out of control at times with the insults and personal attacks.

Seriously I'm amazed at some of the stuff people get away with on here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please, shut this forum down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=EY;2792339]what do you mean, you people?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, EY, you're one of the "good ones."

Oh, an, shut this MF down, please!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2792297]I think we need a liberal mod personally. That's balance things out :D[/QUOTE]

to balance it out, wouldn't we need 2-3 liberal mods?!?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2792631]to balance it out, wouldn't we need 2-3 liberal mods?!?[/QUOTE]

I am on the right, but never stifle any of you unless you go over the top (and that applies to both sides as people I have spoken with or banned here can attest

Warfish is down the middle

Kleck appears slightly left

Ches just does his mod work here

Ham is very conservative

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792724]I am on the right, but never stifle any of you unless you go over the top (and that applies to both sides as people I have spoken with or banned here can attest

Ham is very conservative[/QUOTE]

That's fine and good. But you ches, Hammer and Kleck have not been on here regularly. Fish has had to deal with everything pretty much on his own. Being the only mod in a forum like this is tough because you can easily be accused of taking sides.

I think it's great that you're all becoming more active here. Maybe this place can become what it was meant to be.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792724]I am on the right, but never stifle any of you unless you go over the top (and that applies to both sides as people I have spoken with or banned here can attest

WF is on the right too... everything else I agree with, so it's 3-1

I'm not complaining though, I think it's a tough thankless job especially on the political board

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2792735]That's fine and good. But you ches, Hammer and Kleck have not been on here regularly. Fish has had to deal with everything pretty much on his own. Being the only mod in a forum like this is tough because you can easily be accused of taking sides.

I think it's great that you're all becoming more active here. Maybe this place can become what it was meant to be.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I used to spend more time here and felt that it should be shut because I could have banned every other poster for personal attacks...I know they came from both sides. Warfish took up the responsibility as he enjoys the debates however it has begun to wear on him and I think that is terrible. He does a good job and it is thankless in this forum. Perhaps if we spend a little more time in here it can get back to intelligent discussion with a good natured ribbing thrown in instead of degrading into awful discussions and accusations.

I'm willing to try, but we need more like you source, if you're unhappy about something you see here don't be afraid to point it out in the thread to the offending party, without starting a battle, peer pressure still works. :cool:

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

[B]Ches just does his mod work here[/B]

That's me!

[IMG]http://72.232.229.42/thumb/9/90/Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png/180px-Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paulie would be a decent mod. However, I'd predict a sopne'esque meltdown when a certain InterFanTX started calling Ronny a 'noodle-leg.';)

Sooth, I hope you don't shut'er down. Besides all the nastiness, there's some heavy hitter intellects on here that do post. If you can filter out the partisan crap, there's some awesome contributions on economics and business.
    Last edited by frostlich; 10-07-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frostlich;2792821]Paulie would be a decent mod. However, I'd predict a sopne'esque meltdown when a certain InterFanTX started calling Ronny a 'noodle-leg.';)

Sooth, I hope you don't shut'er down. Besides all the nastiness, there's some heavy hitter intellects on here that do post. If you can filter out the partisan crap, there's some awesome contributions on economics and business.[/QUOTE]

lol, InterFanTX. Too bad no one else is a soccer fan to get that, that was pretty funny.

I would absolutely set aside past transgressions or biases, though. Being a mod comes with a significant amount of responsibility.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2792631]to balance it out, wouldn't we need 2-3 liberal mods?!?[/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792753]Honestly I used to spend more time here and felt that it should be shut because I could have banned every other poster for personal attacks...I know they came from both sides. Warfish took up the responsibility as he enjoys the debates however it has begun to wear on him and I think that is terrible. He does a good job and it is thankless in this forum. Perhaps if we spend a little more time in here it can get back to intelligent discussion with a good natured ribbing thrown in instead of degrading into awful discussions and accusations.

I'm willing to try, but we need more like you source, if you're unhappy about something you see here don't be afraid to point it out in the thread to the offending party, without starting a battle, peer pressure still works. :cool:[/QUOTE]

good post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this?

How about all the Jetinsider's getting to vote in the mods for now on?

And also being able to vote out the mods?

Like a general election on this site.. Every year..

And you can only be a mod for two years. Limit term you mods. Keep you guys in check.

What do you all think??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsin1999;2792851]How about this?

How about all the Jetinsider's getting to vote in the mods for now on?

And also being able to vote out the mods?

Like a general election on this site.. Every year..

And you can only be a mod for two years. Limit term you mods. Keep you guys in check.

What do you all think??[/QUOTE]

you're banned

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792857]you're banned[/QUOTE]

lmao...JI isn't a democracy. It's SPARTA!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2792862]lmao...JI isn't a democracy. It's SPARTA![/QUOTE]

lol

In all seriousness, this is a simple problem to resolve. Everyone in this politics forum also contirbutes to the Landing Strip, there are rarely major problems on the front page, I see no reason why we all can't come together a little better in this room as well. It's not a member problem and it's not a mod problem.

btw, tonight we dine in HELL!