Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum is VERY close to being shut down

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792867]lol

In all seriousness, this is a simple problem to resolve. [B]Everyone in this politics forum also contirbutes to the Landing Strip[/B], there are rarely major problems on the front page, I see no reason why we all can't come together a little better in this room as well. It's not a member problem and it's not a mod problem.

btw, tonight we dine in HELL![/QUOTE]

Not true really. There are some people who seem to only live in the Politics forum or the Politics and Baseball forums. I'm honestly not sure they are even Jets fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2792874]Not true really. There are some people who seem to only live in the Politics forum or the Politics and Baseball forums. I'm honestly not sure they are even Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's ok also, we allow fans of all sports and teams here. The point is to realize you are joining a community here and to behave accordingly.

Banned
    I knew the mods would not like my idea, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792878]Well, that's ok also, we allow fans of all sports and teams here. [B]The point is to realize you are joining a community here and to behave accordingly[/B].[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And you're doing a great job as the community organizer! ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2792883]Agreed. And you're doing a great job as the community organizer! ;)[/QUOTE]

lol...that was a great response!

where's my stapler :D

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2792874]Not true really. There are some people who seem to only live in the Politics forum [B]or the Politics and Baseball forums[/B]. I'm honestly not sure they are even Jets fans.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Not too subtle. ;)

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2792282]I'm giving one last warning to everyone who posts on this forum to cool it and start acting civil to each other or else it will be gone. I keep this going as courtesy to you guys and it's not nearly worth the trouble, especially since I'm never here. It would be very easy to just rid the board of it if things don't change.

Don't say you weren't warned.[/QUOTE]

I think the discussions in this forum are quite civil compared to the Chad threads in the "landing strip". If you don't think Chad is the worst QB and human being alive, you are called an idiot, moron, or a Chadosexual :eek:.

This is all Sarah Palin's fault.

[QUOTE=jetswin;2792753]He does a good job and it is thankless in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words Jetswin, I appreciate that.

I have to admit, some of this is my fault. In the spirit of allowing free discourse and not limiting people from expressing their views, I have not perhaps clamped down of the personal attacks as I should have. I gave the users freedom, and hoped they would not abuse it. Sadly, that may have been a poor choice on my part.

It probably hasn't helped that I, like many, am also a fiery and opinionated poster in here, in addition to being a Mod. That fact probably doesn't help me appear "neutral" in my Moderation, even if I have strove extra hard to ensure that I do not mix my politics with my moderation.

In any event, Sooth has made things clear now. This board cleans up, or it will be removed.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2792828]lol, InterFanTX. Too bad no one else is a soccer fan to get that, that was pretty funny.

I would absolutely set aside past transgressions or biases, though. Being a mod comes with a significant amount of responsibility.[/QUOTE]

Spreading it a little thick, aren't we pal? :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2792887]LOL

Not too subtle. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL.

"I will make them famous and you will know their names."

[IMG]http://img.timeinc.net/time/2007/republican_debates0905/john_mccain_0905.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2792893]I think the discussions in this forum are quite civil compared to the Chad threads in the "landing strip". If you don't think Chad is the worst QB and human being alive, you are called an idiot, moron, or a Chadosexual :eek:.[/QUOTE]

You make an excellent point.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jetswin;2792885]lol...that was a great response!

where's my stapler :D[/QUOTE]

Well we have this model [B]stabler[/B]:

[IMG]http://www.pulledover.com/Celebrity-DWI-News/uploaded_images/ken_stabler_dwi-731743.jpg[/IMG]

Or this one here, who's had too many upgrades! :eek:

[IMG]http://www.flashpointblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/kenny_stabler_3rd_dui.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2792308]I nominate sackdance99.[/QUOTE]

Now you are speaking with some wisdom.

With that, hello everyone. How many here missed me. Back just in time for the Presidential race.

Let's get started: Barack Obama claims to be a Christian...

Thoughts??

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2793100]Now you are speaking with some wisdom.

With that, hello everyone. How many here missed me. Back just in time for the Presidential race.

Let's get started: Barack Obama claims to be a Christian...

Thoughts??[/QUOTE]

Hell-o. Thought I smelled fire and brimstone, didn't realize you were back from your vacation.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2793100]Let's get started: Barack Obama claims to be a Christian...

Thoughts??[/QUOTE]

His faith is the least of my concerns.

It means nothing to me in any formn whatsoever.

His policies, on the other hand......

Jets Insider VIP
    If the situation with Obama buddying with the unrepentant terrorist William Ayers is not enough to make a prudent decision on Obama then there is nothing else worth mentioning.

That fact is so disturbing. The fact Obama is in the position he is in in light of this sole fact is even more disturbing. Clearly this once great country is headed for certain disaster, and fast.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2793134]If the situation with Obama buddying with the unrepentant terrorist William Ayers is not enough to make a prudent decision on Obama then there is nothing else worth mentioning.

That fact is so disturbing. The fact Obama is in the position he is in in light of this sole fact is even more disturbing. Clearly this once great country is headed for certain disaster, and fast.[/QUOTE]

its a good thing you are back to spread your love thy brother gospel. Its needed greatly in this time of dissent.

I have a better idea. Instead of getting rid of this forum, just change the name.

Instead of "politics" forum make it a "nationalist" forum.

Only those who love America should be allowed to post.

This would get rid of all the gay loving, communist, racist, terrorist, libTURDS who are constantly posing here.

Sorry libs, no I hate America forum for you.

[SIZE="4"]God bless America, and damn the rest of the world.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=TheGreatMangini;2793138]I have a better idea. Instead of getting rid of this forum, just change the name.

Instead of "politics" forum make it a "nationalist" forum.

Only those who love America should be allowed to post.

This would get rid of all the gay loving, communist, racist, terrorist, libTURDS who are constantly posing here.

Sorry libs, no I hate America forum for you.

[SIZE="4"]God bless America, and damn the rest of the world.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Perfect example of why this forum will NEVER work.