Thread: White Sox Fans Have Class

All League

White Sox Fans Have Class

Did anyone see the end of the series? The Rays were celebrating on their field and whether it was for their team or for the Rays, the fans were applauding at the end.

That would never happen in NY. Imagine applauding for the Mets or Yankees after getting embarassed in the playoffs or for the opposing team celebrating on your field.

All Pro
    They did the same thing up in Milwaukee. New York fans are just a different animal.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    They did the same thing up in Milwaukee. New York fans are just a different animal.
    Didn't see the end of the Brewers series, but definitely true about NY fans being a different animal. A very vicious, wild animal.

Nice to see those reactions from Brewers/White Sox fans IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Didn't see the end of the Brewers series, but definitely true about NY fans being a different animal. A very vicious, wild animal.

Nice to see those reactions from Brewers/White Sox fans IMO.
    Yea it is kind of refreshing.

All League
    Id rather chuck a beer bottle then clap for another team, but thats just me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Id rather chuck a beer bottle then clap for another team, but thats just me.
    I don't think they were cheering for the other team, it just seemed like they were showing their appreciation for their own team even after they lost.

All League
    I don't think they were cheering for the other team, it just seemed like they were showing their appreciation for their own team even after they lost.
    Oh, gotcha.

I used to be like that. Mets win or loss, I was happy. I was just happy to watch my favorite team play and happy to be there. If we won it was a great day, if we lost it was still a good day.

Now it's, we win, great day. We lose, ****ty day, bad mood.

But the way we lost the last 2 years, I don't care who you are or where youre from, you weren't clapping.

I can honestly say the Mets made me last years Winter feel like Death, and i'm not sure any of us will ever. I'm getting over this one a little faster.

But 2006...wow. The best moments of my baseball life and from the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. That I will never forget.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Oh, gotcha.

I used to be like that. Mets win or loss, I was happy. I was just happy to watch my favorite team play and happy to be there. If we won it was a great day, if we lost it was still a good day.

Now it's, we win, great day. We lose, ****ty day, bad mood.

But the way we lost the last 2 years, I don't care who you are or where youre from, you weren't clapping.

I can honestly say the Mets made me last years Winter feel like Death, and i'm not sure any of us will ever. I'm getting over this one a little faster.

But 2006...wow. The best moments of my baseball life and from the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. That I will never forget.
    I don't think fans in any city would have applauded their team after letdowns like that. They were just flat-out brutal. These were obviously much different circumstances with the Brewers and White Sox.

I'm starting to get more and more bitter watching sports as I get older and I'm only 20. I just get in a pissy mood when things start going bad.

All League
    I don't think fans in any city would have applauded their team after letdowns like that. They were just flat-out brutal. These were obviously much different circumstances with the Brewers and White Sox.

I'm starting to get more and more bitter watching sports as I get older and I'm only 20. I just get in a pissy mood when things start going bad.
    Same here, i'm 21 and feel like I have like a sports age of 45. Being a fan of New York teams will do that to you.

All League
    DevsJetsYanks88 and AG... you young guys will definitely start getting more bitter as the years pass.

Hopefully the Mets, Jets, and Yanks stop disappointing and give us something to cheer about soon.

I just want to see the Mets win a World Series and the Jets win a SuperBowl before I die and I'll be content.

All Pro
    If I was at Mets/Cubs and they lost in 4, I would be booing the **** out of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Different circumstances. The White Sox and Brewers were underdogs, and weren't supposed to win these series. They fought hard to get where they were.

NY teams are held to a higher standard. If the Yankees don't win it all, they have failed. At this point, when they are the underdog and they lose I simply walk out of the Stadium quietly. They should get to the playoffs with the talent they have. I'm not going to cheer that.

You get cheered on losing only if you show me exceptional effort and exceed expectations. The recent Yankee teams have not done that.

All League
    its too bad the white sox MANAGER has no class

Veteran
    I'm sure they were applauding the nice run the White Sox put together at the end of the season winning the last game of the season, winning against Detroit and running it to 3 with the play-in win against Minnesota.

They just ran into a younger, more athletic, hungrier Rays team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Chicago fans up on the North Side were booing their team at the end of game 2.

Sox fans are a different breed than the Cubs fans, though I don't know how it would be if the Sox were still starved for a championship.