Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas ACORN offices raided in voter-fraud (merged)

Vegas ACORN offices raided in voter-fraud (merged)

[URL="http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hvb0LfZQ5mY-X8PYSvYxTe3QGgdgD93LPR783"]http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hvb0LfZQ5mY-X8PYSvYxTe3QGgdgD93LPR783[/URL]

ACORN office in Vegas raided in voter-fraud probe

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada state authorities are raiding the Las Vegas headquarters of an organization that works to get low-income people to vote.

A Nevada secretary of state's office spokesman said Tuesday that investigators are looking for evidence of voter fraud at the office of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

No one was at the ACORN office when state agents arrived with a search warrant and began carting records and documents away.

Secretary of State spokesman Bob Walsh says ACORN is accused of submitting multiple voter registrations with false and duplicate names.

The raid comes two months after state and federal authorities formed a task force to pursue election-fraud allegations in Nevada.

Our lack of security in ensuring only legal voting occurs is embarassing.

Cheating the system is so easy, anyone can do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    I saw the thread title and figured that Tanginius posted this. He's usually on top of all these voter fraud things.

What was that saying from the Good Old Days in Chicago?

Election day is November 4, 2008.

Remember to vote early and to vote often.

On a serious note, this seems like this has always been a problem. Voter fraud has always been around. I read an article regarding using computers for voting and the person they asked, Who was supposedly the expert on the matter, said that fraud would be even easier with the use of computers.

I dont know what if anything can be done.

I just fear my vote gets cancelled out by the vote of some guy whos been dead 15 years.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2793103]I saw the thread title and figured that Tanginius posted this. He's usually on top of all these voter fraud things.[/QUOTE]

LOL. But this is factual, he only posts about anecdotal evidence and hearsay!

Say it aint so, . . . ACORN involved in Voter Fraud!

[url]http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/07/acorn-vegas-office-raided-voter-fraud-investigation/[/url]

[QUOTE]Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Bob Walsh, spokesman for the Nevada secretary of state's office, told FOXNews.com the raid was prompted by ongoing complaints about "erroneous" registration information being submitted by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

The group was submitting the information through a voter sign-up drive known as Project Vote.

"Some of them used nonexistent names, some of them used false addresses and some of them were duplicates of previously filed applications," Walsh said, describing the complaints, which largely came from the registrar in Clark County, Nev. He said some registrations used the names of Dallas Cowboys football players.

Walsh said agents from both the secretary of state's office and Nevada attorney general's office conducted the raid, and "took a bunch of stuff."

ACORN spokesman Charles Jackson confirmed the group's Nevada office was raided.

It's not the first time ACORN's been under investigation for irregularities in registration records.

In 2006, ACORN committed what Washington Secretary of State Sam Reed called the "worse case of election fraud" in the state's history.

[B]In the case, ACORN submitted just over 1,800 new voter registration forms, and all but six of the 1,800 names were fake.[/B] :eek:

The Associated Press contributed to this report[/QUOTE].

All League
    Lemme guess....These were democratic registrations, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2793113]LOL. But this is factual, he only posts about anecdotal evidence and hearsay![/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Maybe he's busy writing an extensive post about how hurtful this is to our electoral process?

Naaaahhhhhhh! ;)

how soon does acorn start playing the race card.franks did it yesterday.

[QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2793230]Lemme guess....These were democratic registrations, right?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't say.

Interestingly, though, Nevada has Democratic governor and attorney general, so the investigation isn't some political whitewash. Good for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Where are our liberal brothers? I invite them to join those of us on the right in expressing our bipartisan outrage at this blatant attempt to subvert the democratic electoral process that we all hold dear.

All League
    This is ridiculous. Someone should be going to jail here.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2793319]Where are our liberal brothers? I invite them to join those of us on the right in expressing our bipartisan outrage at this blatant attempt to subvert the democratic electoral process that we all hold dear.[/QUOTE]

This saddens me to no end. The repercussions will be resounding for the folk that rely on organizations like ACORN.

Didn't Round 1 of the bailout bill last week have some financial provisions for ACORN that the Republicans immediately got rid of?

:jets18

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;2793591]Didn't Round 1 of the bailout bill last week have some financial provisions for ACORN that the Republicans immediately got rid of?

:jets18[/QUOTE]
    It wasn't just ACORN, but also a few other like minded organizations.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2794561]It wasn't just ACORN, but also a few other like minded organizations.[/QUOTE]

See, it all balances out! Both sides cheat! :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2793435]This saddens me to no end. The repercussions will be resounding for the folk that rely on organizations like ACORN.[/QUOTE]

Who [B][I]relies[/I][/B] on organizations like ACORN?

Hall Of Fame
    Great article on Obama and ACORN. Too long to post in its entirety. But here are a few excerpts, with a link to the full article.

Mark my words, ACORN will be Obama's Watergate.

[QUOTE]
    "Obama was the Illinois director of ACORN’s controversial voter registration operation, and he trained the group’s leaders in the ways of radical, sometimes illegal, confrontational politics.

He also paid ACORN affiliates during his recent Democratic primary contest. For example, leading up to the 2008 Ohio Democratic Primary, Obama’s campaign between Feb. 25 and March 17 paid Citizens Services, Inc., a subsidiary of ACORN, $832,598, apparently for get-out-the-vote activities.

Obama’s mysterious, shrouded past as a “community organizer” is closely tied to ACORN, a group that supplies a large share of the Democratic Party political shock troops responsible for the party’s recapture of Congress in 2006. "[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    "Selectively adding millions of Democratic names to the voter rolls remains one of ACORN’s most lucrative activities, for which this organization has been given millions of dollars by organized labor, non-profit foundations, and Democratic-controlled government agencies.

Because Obama had worked closely with one of its leaders, Madeline Talbott, ACORN, in 1995, specifically sought out this radical young lawyer to help craft its lawsuit to impose President Bill Clinton’s 1993 National Voter Registration Act, nicknamed “Motor Voter,” according to Chicago ACORN leader Toni Foulkes.

Obama’s ACORN lawsuit won, thereby slapping aside state officials who resisted Motor Voter because of what it soon proved to be: a 12-lane superhighway to massive vote fraud.

The Motor Voter law required bureaucrats at welfare offices, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and other government offices to register as voters those who used their services. “Examiners were under orders not to ask anyone for identification or proof of citizenship,” wrote Wall Street Journal reporter John Fund in his book “Stealing Elections: How Voter Fraud Threatens Our Democracy.” “States also had to permit mail-in voter registrations, which allowed anyone to register without any personal contact with a registrar or election official.”

Those who took advantage of government services such as welfare were disproportionately likely to vote for the Big Government party. Motor Voter also made it more difficult to purge voter rolls of fraudulent registrations.

Motor Voter, wrote Fund, “fueled an explosion of phantom voters.” But in Barack Obama’s Democrat-ruled Chicago, phantom voters and voting graveyards are nothing new.

Motor Voter was the Clinton administration’s attempt permanently to tilt voter rolls in favor of the Democratic Party. And Obama, working for ACORN, played a key role in imposing this law.

Perhaps thanks to ACORN’s and Motor Voter’s influence, of the 19 foreign terrorists who attacked America on 9/11, at least six were registered to vote. "[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    "In Florida, ACORN’s 2004 Miami-Dade field director, Mac Stuart, according to David Horowitz’s DiscoverTheNetworks.org investigation, “has testified that fraud is standard procedure for ACORN/Project Vote canvassers — behavior that is not only tolerated, but encouraged by supervisors.” Stuart reportedly told investigators: “[T]he voter registration project has been operating illegally since it started.”

In 2005, Virginia authorities sampled Project Vote registrations and rejected 83 percent of them for containing false or questionable information.

In Washington state, five ACORN employees were convicted in 2007 in what its Secretary of State Sam Reed called “the worst case of election fraud in our state’s history. It was an outrage.” "[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_acorn_smears/2008/10/06/137891.html[/url]

His watergate?
    Come on now.
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2794625]Great article on Obama and ACORN. Too long to post in its entirety. But here are a few excerpts, with a link to the full article.

Mark my words, ACORN will be Obama's Watergate.

[url]http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_acorn_smears/2008/10/06/137891.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Piper;2794596]Who [B][I]relies[/I][/B] on organizations like ACORN?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is the nation's largest community organization of low- and moderate-income families, working together for social justice and stronger communities. [/QUOTE]

I am part of a Neighborhood homeowners group here. We are known at SF City Hall for taking developers to task and winning fair compensation for abuses at the hands of those developers. We have "won": parcels of land adjacent to new developments (to be turned into open space or parks); traffic-calming measures; reduced density of developments; and greater responsiveness from police, fire, parking, etc.

my point is that, were we to be accused (and proven guilty) of this type of behavior, we'd be cooked, and the neighbors would ultimately suffer. Apparently, there are plenty of people in the fringes that need ACORN.