Thread: CitiField ticket price hike

Hall Of Fame

CitiField ticket price hike

A friend of mine who had decent seats at Shea just found out about his Citi Field tix and the price is being TRIPLED. It went from average price 50+ to average price 150 dollars....they are not even field level! This is crazy....feel bad for all the guys with kids...

All League
    Wow... that's insane. Time to watch more games on TV for me.

All League
    Thats ghey, these new stadiums are coming with a heavy pricetag.

All League
    Who in their right mind would spend that much money on a team that chokes in September! Spend some money on shoring up the staff and maybe then!

All Pro
    Pro sport teams in general are out their ****in minds with there prices. I go to bout 20-30 games a year , but there is no shot of me paying 150 for a ticket. **** it ill watch it on TV or who knows with seeing whats goin on in the wold financially these greedy scumbag owners and players alike might drive me from the game completely(prob not, but sometimes i wish they would cause it makes me sick)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Who in their right mind would spend that much money on a team that chokes in September! Spend some money on shoring up the staff and maybe then!
    Who in their right mind would pay that much money on any team for a regular season game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Who in their right mind would pay that much money on any team for a regular season game.
    trust me someone will...not me...but someone

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I used to have season tix....I shared outer loge box with about 5 guys - we'd each take 15-20 games.

I gave them up 2 years ago as they were getting too expensive and we were expecting a baby.

Considering the prices and the time commitment, I've come to grips with going to 5 or so games a year. My guess is that a lot of people will be doing the same. I understand now why they shrank the size of the Stadium.....it will be very hard to sell 55k seats to a random game at the prices they plan on charging.