Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama should push for more Townhall Debates

Obama should push for more Townhall Debates

After watching yesterdays debate i couldnt help but wonder why in the world did McCain push for townhall style debates. How could he or anyone on his staff think this is a strength. The man looked awful. I felt really bad for him everytime he got up and walked around. I mean he looked really old and decrepid. Forget about the fact that he absolutely sucks as a debater (not that Obama is so great) , but his physical appearance looks, well ....sad. It would be in his best interest if he stood behind a podium to hide himself as much as possible.

Also, why do townhall debates always take place in these hick republican predominant cities?? Why for once cant we have a town hall debate (at least one) in NYC or Boston or San Francisco?? Im sure McCain would never agree to it (hell, he wont even show up on a real Left leaning news program like Rachel Maddows show).

All Pro
    My wife and I were both struck by the physical issues as well. Obama may be skinny, but he at least looks youthful and healthy. McCain looked at times like a puppet on broken strings, face pale, stiff movements. His war wounds could only be expected to get worse with age. I feel for him, but I couldn't help also thinking that his physical presentation did not encourage confidence in his being up to the stresses of the job. With Palin waiting in the wings, that would be catastrophic for the US.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2794754]My wife and I were both struck by the physical issues as well. Obama may be skinny, but he at least looks youthful and healthy. McCain looked at times like a puppet on broken strings, face pale, stiff movements. His war wounds could only be expected to get worse with age. I feel for him, but I couldn't help also thinking that his physical presentation did not encourage confidence in his being up to the stresses of the job. With Palin waiting in the wings, that would be catastrophic for the US.[/QUOTE]

Its not only the war wounds that you can see that i worry about. Its also the ones you dont. I wonder how bad his PTSD is. When he released his medical records (or part of them at least) I wonder if he also released his psychiatric evaluation. Im not trying to be mean, but this is a serious concern. Should someone with a serious psychiatric ailment be allowed to be POTUS. People focus on his melanoma but im more concerned about his mental health. I truely believe every candidate should have a thorough psychiatric evaluation and clearance. If this was done properly, we could have been spared of the last 8 years under Dubya

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2794746]Also, why do townhall debates always take place in these [B][U]hick[/U][/B] republican predominant cities?? Why for once cant we have a town hall debate (at least one) in NYC or Boston or San Francisco?? Im sure McCain would never agree to it (hell, he wont even show up on a real Left leaning news program like Rachel Maddows show).[/QUOTE]

Please be careful of the slurs Ken.

You can make your point (which I agree is a valid one) without denegrating people who live outside NY or Boston or San Fran as "hicks".

[QUOTE=Warfish;2794944]Please be careful of the slurs Ken.

You can make your point (which I agree is a valid one) without denegrating people who live outside NY or Boston or San Fran as "hicks".[/QUOTE]

Im so sorry.
    Here, lets try places of "small town values"....there better?

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2794948]Im so sorry.
    Here, lets try places of "small town values"....there better?[/QUOTE]

I don't care how you describe it Ken. I am simply asking that you do not use a slur that some find offensive.

I assume that is not too much to ask.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;2794944]Please be careful of the slurs Ken.

You can make your point (which I agree is a valid one) without denegrating people who live outside NY or Boston or San Fran as "hicks".[/QUOTE]

I like it.

It shows how ignorant a pseudo-academic can be.

Mccain was wandering around the set like Mr Magoo

[IMG]http://www.popculturemadness.com/Entertainment/2007/Images/MrMagoo4.JPG[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2794970]Mccain was wandering around the set like Mr Magoo

[IMG]http://www.popculturemadness.com/Entertainment/2007/Images/MrMagoo4.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Since age cartoonism is apparantly acceptable, would it be okay if someone responded with a race related cartoon description of Obama?

Ken...

The Second debate was in St. Louis, not really a "hick town". The last debate will be at Hofstra in Long Island.

[QUOTE=Piper;2794975]Since age cartoonism is apparantly acceptable, would it be okay if someone responded with a race related cartoon description of Obama?[/QUOTE]

i dunno. maybe. what do I look like the PC police? :)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Piper;2794975]Since age cartoonism is apparantly acceptable, would it be okay if someone responded with a race related cartoon description of Obama?[/QUOTE]

All the -isms are acceptable. If it wasn't, Palin couldn't get away with riling her crowd into shouts of "treason!" and "kill him!" against Obama.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;2795001]All the -isms are acceptable. If it wasn't, Palin couldn't get away with riling her crowd into shouts of "treason!" and "kill him!" against Obama.[/QUOTE]

You give her credit for that?

WOW.

Just .. wow.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=bitonti;2794981]i dunno. maybe. what do I look like the PC police? :)[/QUOTE]

You sure post like it in the "Kids say the darndest things" spread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f2/FDR_in_wheelchair.jpg/265px-FDR_in_wheelchair.jpg[/IMG]

Is it really an issue?

for the record though Bit's Mr. Magoo crack was somewhat amusing

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2794979]Ken...

The Second debate was in St. Louis, not really a "hick town". The last debate will be at Hofstra in Long Island.[/QUOTE]

The last debate is not a town hall format.
    St. Louis is in Missouri which hardly can be considered a Left leaning state , traditionally. I consider it, you know...that word which i used that offended Warfish.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Piper;2795008]You give her credit for that?

WOW.

Just .. wow.[/QUOTE]

Come on, Piper, you don't think she is intentionally stirring the pot with her "palling around with terrorists" and "hate America" attacks on Obama?

She's playing the "hate card" and you know it.

[QUOTE=Piper;2794965]I like it.

It shows how ignorant a pseudo-academic can be.[/QUOTE]

Ignorant??? What the hell is a psueudo- academic?? Oh yeah i know, its a word commonly used by Archie Bunker types who are afraid of people in Academics and want to put them down when they disagree with them. AKA an insult. Hey Warfish Im offended by this. Please threaten him as well.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2795041]The last debate is not a town hall format.
    St. Louis is in Missouri which hardly can be considered a Left leaning state , traditionally. I consider it, you know...that word which i used that offended Warfish.[/QUOTE]

St. Louis is Dem country, always has been. Dick Gephradt's district.

[QUOTE=jetswin;2795019][IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f2/FDR_in_wheelchair.jpg/265px-FDR_in_wheelchair.jpg[/IMG]

Is it really an issue?

for the record though Bit's Mr. Magoo crack was somewhat amusing[/QUOTE]

You missed the point.
    The point is why would you call for a town hall type debate when McCain looks so bad on stage.

No his being old and walking awkwardly is not an issue re whether he should be POTUS. But his history of likely PTSD and Psychiatric history/ current state of mental health are very much an issue.