Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama should push for more Townhall Debates

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2794970]Mccain was wandering around the set like Mr Magoo

[IMG]http://www.popculturemadness.com/Entertainment/2007/Images/MrMagoo4.JPG[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/e37f9f6f-5ad8-4548-914e-6dd397e1c81a.widec.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2795049]St. Louis is Dem country, always has been. Dick Gephradt's district.[/QUOTE]

Missouri on a whole is not a dem state (perhaps im wrong). Regardless, i dont think you can compare it to holding a town hall debate in NYC/Boston/SF.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2795056][IMG]http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/e37f9f6f-5ad8-4548-914e-6dd397e1c81a.widec.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Another one who missed the point.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2795057]Missouri on a whole is not a dem state (perhaps im wrong). Regardless, i dont think you can compare it to holding a town hall debate in NYC/Boston/SF.[/QUOTE]

Missouri is a swing state, but St. Louis is reliably Democratic, as is Kansas City. The rest of the state is basically Arkansas North.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2795041] The last debate is not a town hall format.
    St. Louis is in Missouri which hardly can be considered a Left leaning state , traditionally. I consider it, you know...that word which i used that offended Warfish. [/QUOTE]
    From Wikepidia:
    [QUOTE]
    The Democratic Party has dominated St. Louis city politics for decades. The city has not had a Republican mayor since 1949 and the last time a Republican was elected to another city-wide office was in the 1970s. As of 2006, 27 of the city's 28 Aldermen are Democrats.[/QUOTE]

If the debate were held in Kirkland, Missouri, though, you may have a point.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2795058]Another one who missed the point.[/QUOTE]

You can read Bitonti's mind? Then guess what I am thinking now!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2795054]You missed the point.
    The point is why would you call for a town hall type debate when McCain looks so bad on stage.

No his being old and walking awkwardly is not an issue re whether he should be POTUS. But his history of likely PTSD and Psychiatric history/ current state of mental health are very much an issue.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what the point was, and yes he did look awkward on stage. If you are questioning his mental capacities I have no reply for that, you are the first to come up with that one.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Piper;2794975]Since age cartoonism is apparantly acceptable, would it be okay if someone responded with a race related cartoon description of Obama?[/QUOTE]

OMG here we go again!!!!

Banned
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2795056][IMG]http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/e37f9f6f-5ad8-4548-914e-6dd397e1c81a.widec.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

a cartoon vs a real sick person. some of you guys are just so rotten to the core.

i really think this forum should be done with.

[QUOTE=jetswin;2795069]I know exactly what the point was, and yes he did look awkward on stage. If you are questioning his mental capacities I have no reply for that, you are the first to come up with that one.[/QUOTE]

Yes i am questioning his mental capacities.

Now that you admit he looks awkward on stage, why would he or his advisors want more townhall type debates where his awkwardness would continue to be showcased?? Why does he think this type of debate is a strength?

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2795046]Ignorant??? What the hell is a psueudo- academic?? Oh yeah i know, its a word commonly used by Archie Bunker types who are afraid of people in Academics and want to put them down when they disagree with them. AKA an insult. Hey Warfish Im offended by this. Please threaten him as well.[/QUOTE]

Ignorant seems accurate when applied to your use of offensive epithets. I would describe anyone who used "Ni**ger" the same way, and they would get the same warning.

What else would you call the use of a demeaning slur or slurs to put down or belittle an entire subset of people Ken? :confused:

In the end, it doesn't really matter if you understand or not, the decision isn't up for debate. I've asked nicely and respectfully that you please stop using those terms, and I have implemented no action against you for using them thus far.

If you feel you are being "threatened" by my request thus far, there is little I can do for you.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetsin1999;2795083]a cartoon vs a real sick person. some of you guys are just so rotten to the core.

i really think this forum should be done with.[/QUOTE]

You missed the point.:D

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2795064]From Wikepidia:

If the debate were held in Kirkland, Missouri, though, you may have a point.[/QUOTE]

And if all of the participant were from St. Louis and not anywhere else in the state, you might have a point.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2795087]You missed the point.:D[/QUOTE]

Not surprising..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2794746]After watching yesterdays debate i couldnt help but wonder why in the world did McCain push for townhall style debates. How could he or anyone on his staff think this is a strength. The man looked awful. I felt really bad for him everytime he got up and walked around. I mean he looked really old and decrepid. Forget about the fact that he absolutely sucks as a debater (not that Obama is so great) , but his physical appearance looks, well ....sad. It would be in his best interest if he stood behind a podium to hide himself as much as possible.

[B]Also, why do townhall debates always take place in these hick republican predominant cities??[/B] Why for once cant we have a town hall debate (at least one) in NYC or Boston or San Francisco?? Im sure McCain would never agree to it (hell, he wont even show up on a real Left leaning news program like Rachel Maddows show).[/QUOTE]

What's the difference, though? The debate took place in a room with no windows, with a bunch of people from across the socioeconomic spectrum (solely based on dress). The questions that were asked were vetted beforehand and chosen presumably on their vanilla-ness, which would happen the same way if it the debate were held at NYU.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;2795090]And if all of the participant were from St. Louis and not anywhere else in the state, you might have a point.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see, you only want a Town Hall debate stacked with Democratic supporters. Got it, sounds real fair.:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2795120]Oh, I see, you only want a Town Hall debate stacked with Democratic supporters. Got it, sounds real fair.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

....and no one in the crowd is even allowed to respond at all.

So what's the point of having it in NY? If you are going to lobby for the home field advantage, at least have it mean something....:D

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2795120]Oh, I see, you only want a Town Hall debate stacked with Democratic supporters. Got it, sounds real fair.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why, are there no republicans in NYC?
    What I want is a true town hall meeting. One where the questions are not vetted and the members of the audience are allowed to respond to the candidates responses. I want intelligent people from both sides of the aisle to challenge the candidates, not a bunch of blank stared uninterested people like we usually see. I want passion, the way you see in real town hall meetings.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2795085]Now that you admit he looks awkward on stage, why would he or his advisors want more townhall type debates where his awkwardness would continue to be showcased?? [B]Why does he think this type of debate is a strength?[/B][/QUOTE]

That is a damn good question.

Banned

you missed the point:D