Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for McCain supporters

[QUOTE=Piper;2794906]I would agree 100% including the believe that the republicans never thought they would have a chance so they threw McCain a bone with the nomination with an eye toward 2012.

The only reason left to vote for McCain is the Supreme Court. While he wouldn't propose the most conservative justices, I think Obama will be Pelosi/Reid's puppet in proposing frighteningly liberal judges who want to re-write the constitution ala Ruth Bader-Ginsburg.

Not much, and maybe not even enough. I am considering voting third party so the republicans get a message that they have lost fiscal conservatives like me.(although I know they won't get the message).[/QUOTE]

You think he would get a nomination at 76 years old? That's too old for most jobs, let alone running for President.

flushingjet
    [quote=edndot;2795040]The Reagan myth continues. He held sway, when he was awake, over the most corrupt administration in history. More people associated with his admin were arrested , charged, and convicted of mischief than any other administration ever. He is the darling of conservative talkers who have succeeded in something no adversary in our history was able to do. They have turned the people against their government and they should be ashamed.[/quote]

its BJ...not even close. Reagan did have 31 via Iran-Contra/FHA.

A leftwing publication called the Progressive Review (fka The Idler/DC Gazette)

says:

[URL]http://prorev.com/legacy.htm[/URL]

Number of individuals and businesses associated with Clinton and Hillary! who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 47
    - Number of these convictions during Clinton's presidency: 33
    - Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
    - Number of imprisonments: 14
    - Number of congressional witnesses who have pled the 5th Amendment, fled the country to avoid testifying, or (in the case of foreign witnesses) refused to be interviewed: 124
    Last edited by flushingjet; 10-08-2008 at 02:31 PM.

This election is definitely the lesser of two evils. They both Suck!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Greensleeves;2795078]You think he would get a nomination at 76 years old? That's too old for most jobs, let alone running for President.[/QUOTE]

I meant an eye toward the 2012 election with different candidates, assuming they they wrote this one off.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Greensleeves;2795078]You think he would get a nomination at 76 years old? That's too old for most jobs, let alone running for President.[/QUOTE]

Fairly certain SMC meant they were more concerned with 2012, whomever the candidate may be, not 2012 with McCain.

I've never been a huge McCain fan. Listening to him last night was actually painful. I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing "my friendz" or "I know how to do it" or "I reached across the isle".

Add all that to the fact that he supported the bailout and is a global warming freak and I just can't get behind this ticket.

Check please.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Being that its really difficult to find a true "McCain Fan" you can see why the Palin pick was a good attempt, in theory. Ultimately, it fell flat, but at least it made the Conservative base excited. Ultimately, she hasn't done what they hoped (i.e. draw in middle of the road women), but she has been filling rallies.

Before Palin, who was attending McCain rallies? Obama was filling arenas and McCain was barely filling a high school gym. Even his supporters aren't very excited about him.

About 60% of OBama's supporters are "enthusiastic" about him. Less than 40% of McCain supporters feel the same way.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=EY;2795101]Fairly certain SMC meant they were more concerned with 2012, whomever the candidate may be, not 2012 with McCain.[/QUOTE]

It was CTM actually.

Yeah, I know it's odd to see me and CTM agree on anything other than Chad.

flushingjet
    [quote=SanAntonio_JetFan;2795135]I've never been a huge McCain fan. Listening to him last night was actually painful. I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing "my friendz" or "I know how to do it" or "I reached across the isle".

Add all that to the fact that he supported the bailout and is a global warming freak and I just can't get behind this ticket.

Check please.[/quote]

Thats the spirit, i say we go all out for a ticket that will get behind us and into our back pockets.

Come on, there's got to be more principled people out there that I can blame for the aftermath of the next 30+ years of Liberal Judges for life that a Preparation BH era (I said behind, didnt I) will usher in.

Banned
    Who ever wins this election, will have such a battle to turn this country around. And make this nation respectable again. We have hit the lowest point of the road in my 30 years of life that I have seen.

I am sure the older people can say this is not the lowest. But for anyone in their 30's or younger will agree with me.

Who ever wins, I hope they work with both parties and takes the high road during his tenor.

The only positive I can think of when I think of Mcain is he will take care of the vets in this country.
    Last edited by Jetsin1999; 10-08-2008 at 03:27 PM.

[QUOTE=psalty14;2794936]I trust John McCain. I trust he is going to work for the greater good, and not simply to undo perceived injustices. He's has not been nor will he be afraid to change his mind and modify his stance on issues that matter.

Obama is riding a wave of leftist euphoria. He has been ordained by the ministers of the media as the great deliverer of equality, justice and income redistribution. Well, we'll see how that works out.

My one hope is that Obama is forced by the economic crisis and a looming showdown with Russia to take the role seriously and not leave us with another Bush or Carter administration...riddled with half-baked grandiosities.

John McCain won't hesitate to tackle these issues head-on and work across party lines to get things done.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=Jets Babe;2795273]I like McCain because I agree with almost all of his stances on issues. I would feel safer with him in office. He's a "war-time" prez, we're at war. I also liked the fact that his VP likes him and doesn't trash him. I think that his [B]experience[/B] can turn things around in a good way.

McCain wasn't my republican nod of choice, but he was my 2nd favorite. Didn't like any of the dems. I don't necessarily affiliate myself with any party, I consider myself a moderate, but I generally side with the Right wingers. So a right-wing moderate then.

I don't only like McCain because he's GOP or "not-Obama". It's more than that.

By the way, I don't always side with the Reps...for example if Romney got the nod, I wouldn't vote this election. :eek: Couldn't stand him..[/QUOTE]

Good post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jets Babe;2795273]I like McCain because I agree with almost all of his stances on issues. I would feel safer with him in office. He's a "war-time" prez, we're at war. I also liked the fact that his VP likes him and doesn't trash him. I think that his [B]experience[/B] can turn things around in a good way.

QUOTE]

specifically which of these positions do you agree with? and is it safe to say that you also agree with george bush and his positions?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2795135]I've never been a huge McCain fan. Listening to him last night was actually painful. I can't tell you how sick I am of hearing "my friendz" or "I know how to do it" or "I reached across the isle".

Check please.[/QUOTE]

Not sayin nuthin about nuthin.............but whenever in my life I heard someone use the "friends" term repeatedly, it either meant to grab my wallet or he was about to say something I didn't like. I'm just sayin.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2795293]Not sayin nuthin about nuthin.............but whenever in my life I heard someone use the "friends" term repeatedly, it either meant to grab my wallet or he was about to say something I didn't like. I'm just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but who needs your type of "friends"? By the way, wasn't that a long time sitcom several years ago?!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jets Babe;2795305][QUOTE=shuler82;2795279]

:zzz::zzz:

i'm sorry, i just can't stand people who [B]assume[/B] that because i'm voting for mccain, i like george bush. i don't like bush, at all. i think he completely tarnished the republican party from their true conservative roots.

i'm pro-choice but with restrictions, anti-affirmative action, and i believe in the 2nd amendment. i'm all about fiscal conservatism. while bush endorses mccain, it's really just because he has a little "R" next to his name.

not because they are alike, because they aren't.

some cons about mccain..

i know mccain has agreed with bush more recently on many issues, but i'm hoping mccain turns things around to his old maverick self. not to sound cheesy, but thats the way i feel.

not gonna lie, i was ****ing livid when mccain voted in favor for the bailout plan.

i wish he was a better speaker. i wish he was more ballsy. but he's not. it's just something i have to accept. i like him alot more than obama, thats pretty much all that matters.

i'm not a die-hard mccain fan like many obama supporters are about obama. mccain doesn't have a die-hard fan base. he's probably going to lose the election because of that. however, i refuse to waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate. it would essentially help obama into office if i do that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be an ass, but seriously- he's voted with Bush 89% of the time, he's surrounded himself with Bush handlers, he's promoting the same policies of Bush, yet you magically hope he's going to turn into his former self. What's more likely is he will lead the country down the same road we've been on.. which is something I can't understand anyone willingly voting for, whether dem or repub..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shuler82;2795316]I'm not trying to be an ass, but seriously- he's voted with Bush 89% of the time, he's surrounded himself with Bush handlers, he's promoting the same policies of Bush, yet you magically hope he's going to turn into his former self. What's more likely is he will lead the country down the same road we've been on.. which is something I can't understand anyone willingly voting for, whether dem or repub..[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. If McCain stopped being Mavericky in 2000, has been in lock step with W. for the last 8 years AND has surrounded himself with W.'s people in this campaign, how can anyone think he'll be Mavericky again?

Is McCain going to back-stab all the Bush people working in his campaign? Is he going to back-stab Palin as well? Who does people think will be in McCain's cabinet? W.'s people! Will he back-stab them as well?